Drawing a line with home intruders and self defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Not without a warrant, every charge would be thrown out.

Would anyone be annoyed if the law was changed so that if you killed someone in your house, you simply had to prove that you did not invite them in, or that you did not know the person, or that they broke in, you could not be charged with any crime related to it?

Yes, the lefties, SJW and other assorted nutters would be annoyed.

Would anyone be annoyed if the law was changed so that if you killed someone in your house, you simply had to prove that you did not invite them in, or that you did not know the person, or that they broke in, you could not be charged with any crime related to it?
Even if they were known to you, if someone forces their way into your house and they're there for no good, you have the right to defend yourself and family.

Even if they were known to you, if someone forces their way into your house and they're there for no good, you have the right to defend yourself and family.
But if you could prove you didnt know them at all you wouldn't have to prove they broke in.

absolutely, backyard cricket would result in thousands of deaths every summer.

but on the other hand i'd end up with a large collection of tennis balls. :huh:

I find it hilarious how people throw this line around as an excuse to try and get away with pretty much anything.
My wife my children my house,you're in there uninvited you are going to pay dearly,if it's your last breath you're after I'll be the one taking it. That ain't tough talk you morans,it's truth up in your faces.

What are the chances of someone breaking into your abode ?
Maybe you live in a high crime area and its 5% ?

Pretty low but the question was in respect of defending one's home. If we woke up tomorrow to read one of these clowns had been shot dead trying it on, I'd celebrate the news. Unfortunately, the law probably would not.

Pretty low but the question was in respect of defending one's home. If we woke up tomorrow to read one of these clowns had been shot dead trying it on, I'd celebrate the news. Unfortunately, the law probably would not.
Celebrating death....your fukin twisted
The hypothetical situation you gave rarely exists either.
Break and enters would run away on confrontation 99.9% of the time.

Rarely exists? I'd suggest it hasn't and won't exist ever. No problem with scum getting taken down. To be honest, I wish more criminals met their fate via rough justice. * them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be celebrating that it wasn't me or my loved ones.
You come into my house uninvited,looking to take my stuff,or worse,you are going to hospital to be put on machines to assist your living or to your grave.
It's fairly simple.
You obviously don't own your own home or have children.
I'll tell you,'us parents' are very protective creatures and will die to protect what we made.
If it means yours or someone's life then so be it.
I can 'live' with that,very comfortably.

I'll be celebrating that it wasn't me or my loved ones.
You come into my house uninvited,looking to take my stuff,or worse,you are going to hospital to be put on machines to assist your living or to your grave.
It's fairly simple.
You obviously don't own your own home or have children.
I'll tell you,'us parents' are very protective creatures and will die to protect what we made.
If it means yours or someone's life then so be it.
I can 'live' with that,very comfortably.
You from Queensland ?

The only law enforcement guy I respect is cool with it.

image.jpeg

Chief Wiggum: Now Sideshow Bob can't get in without me knowing. And once a man is in your home, anything you do to him is nice and legal.
Homer: Is that so? Oh, Flanders? Won't you join me in my kitchen? Heh-heh-heh-heh...
Chief Wiggum: Uh, it doesn't work when you invite 'em.
Ned: Hidilly-hey!
Homer: Go home

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
This thread has drawn out the ******s.
Angry little men so quick and ready to kill and feel good about it
I grew up in Frankston south but it was 15 years ago, what a sad decline
How are the Pines these days?.

This thread has drawn out the ******s.
Angry little men so quick and ready to kill and feel good about it