DT Defenders 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree Tants, although i dont see Broughton playing an onball role when Barlow, Mundy and Fyfe are all up and running. i think he will hold the opposing wing to Hill.

Suban, Mcphee, Ibbotson are the more defensive shutdown types in the back half of the field while Duffield will play his normal rebound, take the kick out role. I also expect him to improve on his avg but im not sure by how much. IMO his one on one skills are underrated and from watching him early this year he has improved quite significantly in this area, something that breathes strong with Lyon. Sammy Gilbert seemed to pick that up quickly and turn himself into a decent player.

Bolded Broughton? I doubt he will be on the wing.

Fyfe is up and running (and kicking and marking and goaling and flying) already. There is plenty of room for Broughton, but not on the wing.

Bolded Broughton? I doubt he will be on the wing.

Fyfe is up and running (and kicking and marking and goaling and flying) already. There is plenty of room for Broughton, but not on the wing.

You think Fyfe will play a wing?

I was under the impression he would become involved in onball rotations from a half forward role.

Interesting numbers although I honestly think Broughton was playing out of position compared to when Mundy and Barlow come back.

Simplistic I know, but Broughton, Mundy and Barlow only played one single game together last year, and Broughton scored 51.

Tom Williams went down in the first quarter. The impact was negligible from that game's perspective.

I didn't think Veszpremi (subbed on for Williams) played in defence and I haven't watched my recording yet, I wonder who was shuffled back. Grant maybe?

Interesting to note that both Hargrave's and Fisher's big scores came when they were playing off young forwards.

anyone else a little concerned about deledio???

wont have played any kind of game since their intra club game so could start off a bit slow especially with richmonds hard start to the year

Yer a little concerned, considered swapping Lids for H.Shaw.. but once Lids is named Rnd1 Im sure everyone will have him locked in.

Bigger concerns over L.Brown, who we havent seen yet and even if named Rnd 1 I'd need to see him play first, no matter what the wraps on him is.
Also Darley in hospital? Nothing major to worry about I hope..

Then theres M.Clarke who needs to blow out his cobwebs and (hopefully) get back into the speed of the game!

If not may have to rely on the Geelong kids, Smedts and Guthrie who Im not convinced in their scoring abilities..

So much for our back rookie "locks"! At least Ellis is going nicely..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Tom Gillies or Cameron Guthrie find a place in Geelong's best 22? ...... Not sure, but I'd like one of them to do so.

Same question about Wilkes at St. Kilda, Heath at Sydney, Ellis at Richmond?

I think I need 2 out of 5 or 3 out of the 5 answers to be yes come round 1 for my midfield to work.

I guess K Hunt is a likely starter round 1..... Mightn't score lots of points but if pressed I could use him in B7 position if need be. Trying to be light on GWS rookies in the backs, so if one isn't listed I can grab one that is before lock out.

i know its early days. but goddard hasn't shown much in the pre-season in scoring wise. a little worrying. but early days

Currently have Broughton in the backline, his scores have been good in the pre season when playing in the midfield, is it worth keeping him considering mundy and barlow will come back in the side?

Been reading some positive stuff on Melksham, any thoughts from Essendon fans? Bulked up and just one I've had an eye on. Seemed to score well on Friday too.

Waters and Lake makes the choice a tough one in th back.

What would be a more reliable back line?
Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, M Clarke with a bunch of raw recruits that play even if their scoring potential is questionable.

or Scotland, Shaw, Waters/Lake, M Clarke and some of the higher priced rookies eg Bower, Gillies, Guthrie..... the problem then is a rookie breaking into an existing elite squad eg the Geelong guys....

With the byes to contend with, an extra trade due to injuries is a bigger risk to take than normal.... especially if they player goes down early in the match with low points and their value plummets.

Currently have Broughton in the backline, his scores have been good in the pre season when playing in the midfield, is it worth keeping him considering mundy and barlow will come back in the side?
Who knows???? New coach = Nobody has any idea. The only thing we can see is that Pavlich has moved to the forward line from the midfield, meaning there is a vacant spot for somebody. Broughton? He would be my guess but who knows.....

Waters and Lake makes the choice a tough one in th back.

What would be a more reliable back line?
Scotland, Shaw, Birchall, M Clarke with a bunch of raw recruits that play even if their scoring potential is questionable.

or Scotland, Shaw, Waters/Lake, M Clarke and some of the higher priced rookies eg Bower, Gillies, Guthrie..... the problem then is a rookie breaking into an existing elite squad eg the Geelong guys....

With the byes to contend with, an extra trade due to injuries is a bigger risk to take than normal.... especially if they player goes down early in the match with low points and their value plummets.
Waters/Lake = 70 ppg. Birchall = 85 ppg. So the question is do the more expensive rookies make more or less than 15 ppg????

They probably don't make 15 ppg than the cheap ones, but might be picked in the side more weeks, requiring less trades in the long run.

But I'd peg Waters at 80, don't know enough about Lake.

.... But Michael Johnson could get 80ppg too....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back