longytap

Team Captain
Feb 5, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Essendon
Alright ,time to get the discussion underway for 2012. Last year the DT FWD's, BACKS, MID's, RUCK's individual threads were great:thumbsu:

Mohr is a KPB, don't get you're scoring hopes about him too high. He will be a good footy player, but a good DT player?

Brown and Martin (pre listed and traded by the Giants) will be pretty handy though.

Mohr is a KPB, don't get you're scoring hopes about him too high. He will be a good footy player, but a good DT player?

Brown and Martin (pre listed and traded by the Giants) will be pretty handy though.
mohr is more ;) of a lake type full back who gets posessions

would LOVE to see buntine get picked by any one other than gws tonight

Most likely going to be the toughest position to get your premiums due the bye clusters. All of Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carrazzo, Suckling, Birchall, Fisher, Gram, Newman just to mention off the top of my head all sharing a bye.

The salary cap goes up by 7% this year. The base price I think last year was $92,500 so logically that will go up to $99,000.

Last year each draft spot went up by $4,000 starting at Pick 17.

So going by the Draft, Prices will be as follows (My prediction) Games played in the U-18 Championships and DT average in the next bracket.
Remember the U-18 Championships were only 20 minute quarters with no time on.

1 Patton (167,000)(5, 98)
2 Coniglio (163,000)(5, 95.4)
3 Tyson (159,000)(5, 91.8)
4 Hoskin-Elliot (155,000)(3, 59.67)
5 Buntine (151,000)(4, 44.25) DEF
6 Wingard (147,000)(4, 64.5*)
7 Haynes (143,000)(3, 47)
8 Longer (139,000)(4, 70.5)
9 Tomlinson (135,000)(4, 43) Maybe DEF
10 Sumner (131,000)(4, 66.5)
11 Greene (127,000)(4, 81.5)
12 Docherty (123,000)(Couldn't find) DEF
13 Adams (119,000)(4, 72.5)
14 Devon Smith (115,000)(4, 84.75)
15 Ellis (111,000)(5, 62.8) DEF
16 Sheridan (107,000)(3, 47.67)
17 Clay Smith (103,000)(5, 76.6)
Others of Interest
18 McKenzie (99,000)(5, 67.4) DEF
21 Mitchell (99,000)(2, 81.5)
23 Newman (99,000)(4, 74.5)
41 Grigg (99,000)(5, 83.5)

Buntine seems to have a very poor carnival for a top 5 pick. Not a lot of great options for the backs in my opinion. Maybe Mckenzie for North or Ellis at Richmond.

Lids moving permanently to the midfield apparently.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...turn-to-midfield/story-e6frf9jf-1226212661356

I'm not sure what this means for his scoring to be honest. Around the ball more often but maybe copping more attenetion because of it. Might be better news for Cotchin's scoring that Lids'.

Been calling for this a long time, finally they have martin, cotchin and lids in the guts at the same time. Maybe they see Ellis across half back now.

Who will get the tag? hard to say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody know if Kelvin Moore is back in training?

Also if Urqhart gets picked up by Port in the PSD he may be a good rookie priced option.

It's true sadly. So Deledio and Goddard look to be the only premium players worth picking in the backline tbh

I like the fact that Gibbs is losing the Def status. More decisions to make means more difference in the teams in league play.

Goddard is interesting. His slow start last year might see him a little less popular this year. The arrival of a new coach might affect his scoring too.

I don't think it'll affect BG as much but I worry about the scoring impacts of all players with new coaches. Where a coach has moved to another club it is a little easier to predict style and likely impacts. With Sanderson, Buckley, Watters, McCartney it is a little bit tougher.

Looks like Gibbs is losing his DEF eligibility.
I can't understand how Gibbs lost his eligibility but Fyfe retains his. From watching the games Fyfe seemed to rarely venture into the forward 50. Gibbs on the other hand seemed to be in the back half quite a bit.

I am also baffled how Robinson picked up DP this year. I would not have thought he was anywhere near contention for that.

I can't understand how Gibbs lost his eligibility but Fyfe retains his. From watching the games Fyfe seemed to rarely venture into the forward 50. Gibbs on the other hand seemed to be in the back half quite a bit.

I am also baffled how Robinson picked up DP this year. I would not have thought he was anywhere near contention for that.

Agree, i dont know how people know for sure just yet? have the positions already been released?

Robinson (the carlton one) what would his DP be, he is a midfielder and midfielder only. Maybe should have had DP status last year as M/F but not in 2012.

Great to hear re: Gibbs, one less "must have" that every man and his dog will have in their team..

Reckon I will have a punt on our favourite rollercoasters; H.Shaw and J.Grimes. Both play such a DT-friendly game (never really have a direct opponent to worry about) and will be under-priced.
May even turn out to be premiums, or even produce what Adcock did this year which I would be reasonably happy with.

Defenders and Rucks will be next years point of difference for many teams, due to abundance of premo options for Rucks and lack-of for Defenders!

Heath Shaw had arguably his best year and will be priced higher than ever. You will be paying top dollar for a player that struggles with the tag, has massive ups and downs (ie: could be alot cheaper) and gets suspended every now and again and would be on his last straw at the club, so if takes a wrong step may not play again for the rest of the year.

Grimes could be a gamble worth taking. I see myself taking a few different players this year. I still think i can trade myself into a better position and this way i enjoy it alot more. Always players that people never really think about at all that bob up and score very well.

Im going to use BF this year to see who everyone is picking and than try and find the weakest player or a reason why this player may not do aswell as expected and not pick them. There is usually about 12-15 common players, finding the bottom 2 that dont do so well and not picking them will be key for me this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back