Dumb Richmond Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I know everyone has their own opionion on the side that is picked each week and they have ever right too. However what really gives me the shits is people who get on here after a loss and believe we should drop certain players for the worst reasons.

For example the number of people who have got on here already and said we should drop Gus because he directly resulted in 2 Collingwood goals last night. FFS the kicked 24!!!!!!!!! Another one is Miller. Last night he kicked 1.3, ok not awsome goal kicking but people over look his contests, blocking and tackling. Houli, Helbig and Nahas i have noticed have also been on some peoples choping block. Houli has been one of our most consistant in the first 4 rounds, Helbig will play majority of the year and Nahas was down last night but probably one of our best the week before.

I think somebody from the club needs to basically write in clear English to all these dead a very basic gameplan on how we play and give a really basic reason what role some blokes have played in a particular match. Im just sick of uninformed morons expressing their opionons when they are so far from reality week in week out

Good post. Never ceases to amaze, as its regular as clock work. Example, Jake King, 1st quiet game for about 16 and some want him dropped and some want him on notice. And Gus? Lol, surely its not April fools day.

I would love to see Dimmas reaction to some stuff that’s posted here by the real experts.

Maybe RFC can organise a rotating weekly guest addition to the match committee, im sure that would make us an infinitely better side.

Ignoring your post but responding to the thread title, at the richmond v port game last year (round 22) there was this tool of a Richmond supporter having a go at Rodan and Shultz for being traitors.

Dumb Richmond supporter.

I know everyone has their own opionion on the side that is picked each week and they have ever right too.
This is all you needed to write. The rest was jibberish.
It's a footy web forum.
Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.

I hear ur frustration S.P.Cat but I guess thats what others are doing too. Venting their own frustrations. It's a public forum, what are ya gonna do?? RFC supporters come from all walks of life I suppose.

People get frustrated and react I suppose. The fact is Collingwood are a 5 goal better side than any of the other top sides, so that makes us at least 8 to 10 goals off the pace. One thing needs to be kept in mind about last night, we kicked the highest score in a qtr that has been scored against Collingwood since round one last year. So the guys we had playing are doing something right at times.

Huh? Doesnt telling someone what they needed to write go against:

"It's a footy web forum.
Opinions come in all shapes and sizes." :confused:
Nice try, but no.
I allowed SPC to voice his opinion and respected it but disagreed with it, just as I was allowed to have mine.

I think we can be a bit too precious at times on this board. I for one openly criticise the team when it is flogged. I don't think that is unfair. They are playing for Richmond, inheritors of an immensely proud tradition in what for years was the biggest club in Australian sport....they are privileged to play in the yellow and black and deserve haranguing when they are hockeyed out the gate of the MCG by pisssant no ones like Hawthorn and wobbling Maggies.

They were rubbish against Hawks and Pies....there I've broken the taboo. They were rubbish and need to improve dramatically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe "dumb richmond supporters" wasnt an adequate title, maybe dumb football supporters would have been more appropriate.

I just think with the evolution of the game the last 10 years we have seen more change in the way football is played then we have in the last 50 years. I think alot of people just dont understand the tacics of how football is played today. One of my pet hates is when we have just kicked a behind and people start yelling out to specific players to "man up" when quite clearly instructions from coaching staff are to fill space.

I just think in todays day and age maybe the afl or the club could further further educate the public/members/ fans on what is actually happening out on the ground. Obviously the information supplied will not be in detail which could give the oposition an insight into specific game plans, but more of an explanation that any other clubs would already know through their football knowledge. Just a thought anyway...

I know everyone has their own opionion on the side that is picked each week and they have ever right too. However what really gives me the shits is people who get on here after a loss and believe we should drop certain players for the worst reasons.

For example the number of people who have got on here already and said we should drop Gus because he directly resulted in 2 Collingwood goals last night. FFS the kicked 24!!!!!!!!! Another one is Miller. Last night he kicked 1.3, ok not awsome goal kicking but people over look his contests, blocking and tackling. Houli, Helbig and Nahas i have noticed have also been on some peoples choping block. Houli has been one of our most consistant in the first 4 rounds, Helbig will play majority of the year and Nahas was down last night but probably one of our best the week before.

I think somebody from the club needs to basically write in clear English to all these dead a very basic gameplan on how we play and give a really basic reason what role some blokes have played in a particular match. Im just sick of uninformed morons expressing their opionons when they are so far from reality week in week out

Blah blah blah.

Words of wisdom by someone called Samarui Pizza cat?

Gus is a klutz and King's game was Coburg worthy.

King had 1 touch in the 1st half. At full time - 5 kicks 1 handball, 1 goal.

Watch after the game last night? Frawley pointed out Gus's laziness that resulted in a goal due to not running with his opponent.

I'm yet to see any facts attached to your weak argument.

See the game as you wish but don't try and act all high and mighty, because YOUR opinion is just that.

Blah blah blah.

Watch after the game last night? Frawley pointed out Gus's laziness that resulted in a goal due to not running with his opponent.

Such an astute football brain. Maybe we should lobby to get him back as an assistant coach.

Gus is a klutz

Good to see the Klutz ranked 5th in the league for total effective hitouts.

Such an astute football brain. Maybe we should lobby to get him back as an assistant coach.

Good to see the Klutz ranked 5th in the league for total effective hitouts.

That spud took us further than any other Coach in a decade. Equaled the best result the club has had in 29 years - A prelim.

Don't you just love stats. You can bend them any way you want to.

That spud took us further than any other Coach in a decade.

My bad, yes he was a great coach. He was a gun coach and took a promising list and decided to top up. He did Recruit some pretty good top-up players to further “his” success in - Hudson, Blumfield, Fleming, Nicholls, Morison, Fletcher and not to mention the brilliant Houlihan.

Gee, cant understand why after a prelim we then plummeted to 14th, 13th and then a spoon. Surely it didn’t happen to the spud who coached us further than anyone else in a decade. Why on earth did we ever let him go.

My bad, yes he was a great coach. He was a gun coach and took a promising list and decided to top up. He did Recruit some pretty good top-up players to further “his” success in - Hudson, Blumfield, Fleming, Nicholls, Morison, Fletcher and not to mention the brilliant Houlihan.

Gee, cant understand why after a prelim we then plummeted to 14th, 13th and then a spoon. Surely it didn’t happen to the spud who coached us further than anyone else in a decade. Why on earth did we ever let him go.

Never said he was a great Coach.
You're drawing a very long bow there Bazza.
You think he's a spud and I merley stated a fact. Not dribbled opinion.
Geez some are becoming very precious around here.

**** this is hilarious. We need players like Post and Griffiths to come on and cement spots in the 22 because without them in the team our structures are not ideal and they don't develop jeaprodising our 2012 finals aspirations.

Blah blah blah.

Words of wisdom by someone called Samarui Pizza cat?

Gus is a klutz and King's game was Coburg worthy.

King had 1 touch in the 1st half. At full time - 5 kicks 1 handball, 1 goal.

I'm yet to see any facts attached to your weak argument.

See the game as you wish but don't try and act all high and mighty, because YOUR opinion is just that.
So what your saying is we should drop blokes after one bad game (king)? This is exactly what I'm talking about. People get pre conceived ideas about players and can't take their blinkers off. How would you rate his previous 2 games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back