Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

It's too easy to call Dwayne boring. If anyone wants to pay Dwayne to barrack for their team during commentary, apparently he's open to offers. He did his own version of 'press red for ed' at the geelong game last week, so no doubt he's on their payroll. I didn't hear any backlash from his effort on foxtel last week, which begs the question, is it Dwayne that nobody gives a s**t about, or geelong. Anyone remember his first couple of weeks on 3aw after Hookes bit the dust? He was calm, sensible and a good listener. Unfortunately these positive personal traits were stamped out pretty quickly by his a**hole producer. Before too long he became a completely different animal, which makes one wonder if these clowns in the media are truly scumbags, or just victims of their environment. I could give him the benefit of the doubt, but why should I, if he's willing to do anything, and be anybody, to make a buck. More accurate to call him a whore. There's a chance he could meet a similar fate as Hookes, if he confuses studio life with REAL life, and runs his mouth off in public. Gerard might have to make a second posthumous apology for his colleagues on-air behaviour.

Only have started hearing his commentary since i have started travelling and have access to foxtel games. God he is awful. He makes BT seem like a god of commentating compared to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just sat next to him on the flight to Adelaide in business class. Actually he was next to Carey and I was across the aisle. Was on his phone the whole time texting and on the Internet. Holier than thou.
He was probably trolling Richmond on the BF main board after they got flogged by Port.

You should have leaned over and said 'Hey Duck, can you ask Derwayne if he's seen that thread on BF dedicated to him?'
The Duck was asleep the whole time, perhaps pretending to be so he didn't have to talk to Derwayne. All Dwayne had from the catering service was a glass of milk. I kid you not.

Last edited:
Ummmm. Okay. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile.

The Herald Sun has it's annual footy poll out asking the usual mundane questions. But they are asking once again who is the worst commentator and our man Deeerrrrrrwayne is among the choices available.

So vote 1 Deeerrrrwayne Russell!!!!!

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Link? I'm ready to vote. Really ready.

I've said before that he's increasingly annoyed me on 3aw over the years. He takes the words of others and twists them or pretends to take tehm too literally, just to be a dickhead or to start stupid arguments.
He's like a bad troll...on his own show!
If he's trying to be the devil's advocate for the sake of showbiz, it doesn't work; it's just "eye-rollingly" annoying

He's missed several 3aw shows lately, and I reckon it's telling that I don't even notice he's not there until about half way through the program

Last edited:
I think the survey is done.
The Hun is releasing the results in dribs and drabs now answering important questions like The hottest wag etc etc.

We need our own poll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back