Gaming EA Sports College Football 25 - July 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they could help bring back the Touchdown Club of Columbus and run with their awards.

Then we can have the Kellen Moore award in the game.

Cover athletes will be revealed over night. or at least Matt Brown will be revealing them

and sounds like the full reveal will be in somewhere in the 3rd week of may [16th-19]

Arch Manning?

I’ve previously reported that EA Sports College Football 25 is tentatively scheduled to come out on July 19, with a “full reveal” from EA Sports coming in May. While previous reporting (from myself and other reporters) has mostly focused on licensing, assets, and intellectual property, I’m told that the company plans to provide additional gameplay and feature information in their May update.
One of those details the company plans to release in May? Who is going to be on the cover of the game.
I’ve been making calls of my own, and I can share some details to help everybody narrow their guesses a bit, thanks to multiple conversations I’ve had with multiple individuals with direct familiarity with EA’s cover choices. I can share that:
  • There are multiple cover athletes, since EA is releasing multiple versions of the video game.
  • Each cover athlete is a current college football player who plays in a different power conference. There was plenty of internet speculation that the cover athlete could potentially be a coach (Nick Saban?), or any number of athletes that played during the years the game was not released (previous Heisman winners?) or even fans/mascots (the Oregon Duck?!?). Those were reasonable guesses, but I’ve been told that the athletes will be current athletes…people you will see play actual college football this season.
  • The athletes all play different positions. That means there’s only one quarterback, one running back, etc.

Once again a whole lot of nothing.

There will be more broadcasters in the booth when EA Sports College Football 25 drops this summer.

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit will return to the college football video game franchise that will be released for the first time since 2013. He will pair up with his ESPN colleague Chris Fowler to be on the call for games. In most sports video games, there's only one broadcast team calling the games. But when the new college football video game comes out, Herbstreit confirmed there will be other teams.

"Chris and I won't be on every every game," Herbstreit told USA TODAY Sports. "You're going to have different broadcast partners for different games. Depending on the magnitude of the game, that will dictate who's calling the game."

ESPN's Rece Davis, Desmond Howard, Jesse Palmer and Kevin Connors have previously confirmed they will have a role in the game but didn't state what it would be. David Pollack, a former ESPN college football analyst, also said he will be in the game. There has also been speculation that Fox Sports will also be involved in the game, which could include its college football broadcast team of Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt.

There will be more broadcasters in the booth when EA Sports College Football 25 drops this summer.

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit will return to the college football video game franchise that will be released for the first time since 2013. He will pair up with his ESPN colleague Chris Fowler to be on the call for games. In most sports video games, there's only one broadcast team calling the games. But when the new college football video game comes out, Herbstreit confirmed there will be other teams.

"Chris and I won't be on every every game," Herbstreit told USA TODAY Sports. "You're going to have different broadcast partners for different games. Depending on the magnitude of the game, that will dictate who's calling the game."

ESPN's Rece Davis, Desmond Howard, Jesse Palmer and Kevin Connors have previously confirmed they will have a role in the game but didn't state what it would be. David Pollack, a former ESPN college football analyst, also said he will be in the game. There has also been speculation that Fox Sports will also be involved in the game, which could include its college football broadcast team of Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt.

Give me Gus Johnson all day.

GNPq47KXIAAXESm

reveal is 1AM Friday morning our time

Also Ultimate team is coming :mad:. Lets just hope they dont treat it like the main mode like with other sports game where all the time and work is on that mode.

In EA SPORTS™ College Football 25 experience explosive gameplay variety across 134 FBS schools and immerse yourself in the iconic atmospheres of college football as you chase college greatness.

This game includes optional in-game purchases of virtual currency that can be used to acquire virtual in-game items, including a random selection of virtual in-game items.

GNPq47KXIAAXESm

reveal is 1AM Friday morning our time

Also Ultimate team is coming :mad:. Lets just hope they dont treat it like the main mode like with other sports game where all the time and work is on that mode.

In EA SPORTS™ College Football 25 experience explosive gameplay variety across 134 FBS schools and immerse yourself in the iconic atmospheres of college football as you chase college greatness.

This game includes optional in-game purchases of virtual currency that can be used to acquire virtual in-game items, including a random selection of virtual in-game items.

Ultimate team is coming means I likely passing on the game. Will wait to it arrives free on xbox game pass.
If it anything like madden 95% of improvements will come to ultimate team mode each year and 5% to all other modes. And considering they barely update the games each year means no substantial improvements between games.

Plus kinda over ea especially when one of the execs said they are looking at ways to put ads into games. WTF

im hopeful it has a decent road to glory and dynasty modes. They hired a bunch of guys who worked on the old games, same with getting some of the guys who made the CFB Revamped mod. and others grew up with the game.

future years i wouldnt be shocked if UT was the focus. But they have also had years to work on the game so should have a in depth modes.
But also wouldnt be shocked if mascot mode came back as a UT uniform card for Halloween.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do i spend the extra $35 just to play a couple of days early.

I know ill be weak and pay to play early. also LOL at the madden bundle. There was never a big crossover between players who played a bunch of both. charging $230 for both and some UT points is a joke. I wouldnt of paid of Madden was a $10 upgrade since ill spend all my time on RTG and Dynasty modes.

Hell i got madden free last year and havent touched it since about 2 weeks after it came out.

Too much spare time at work last night got me reading up about the game which got all me excited about it. Which led me to pre ordering it. 🤦‍♂️

Bunch of details now on the game page

and a new ESPN article on it

Exe Gesis its the game for you.
Fowler said on Instagram he did calls of everything from touchdowns for every team -- which took an hour to go through every team in the game -- to a team punting on second down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back