East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, why not. Most are only 17 or 18. Give them a couple of years to train up.
Look at Jack Carroll. Born 20 December so a lot younger than others taken that year. Been injured most of the time.
That is the most blue and whitest thing I’ve ever heard someone say. Try telling the next batch of EF kids that they are not going to be drafted so they can play for EF and there will be no 16 or 17 year olds who ever want to play at EF.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Although all the possible meanings make no sense.
If you mean they give their draft year a miss in the hope they play some good footy for EF and then get drafted later on , then that is a unrealistic suggestion.
If you mean they get drafted but play their senior footy at wafl level if they aren’t playing with their AFL club, that is also unrealistic. They tried that and it didn’t work so they have their ‘reserves’ teams for a reason ie Peel and WAFL Eagles
If you are suggesting Jack Carrol who was drafted to a Vic AFL team to come and play at EF whilst he ain’t getting a game, then I am lost for words.

I understand in principle where you are coming from- they develop these fantastic youngsters who are never seen in the blue and white after 18 years old, but this is the same for all clubs. Even if EF produce more draftees than other clubs, there are very few options that benefit the player apart from helping them get drafted and wishing them well once they have been.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Although all the possible meanings make no sense.
If you mean they give their draft year a miss in the hope they play some good footy for EF and then get drafted later on , then that is a unrealistic suggestion.
If you mean they get drafted but play their senior footy at wafl level if they aren’t playing with their AFL club, that is also unrealistic. They tried that and it didn’t work so they have their ‘reserves’ teams for a reason ie Peel and WAFL Eagles
If you are suggesting Jack Carrol who was drafted to a Vic AFL team to come and play at EF whilst he ain’t getting a game, then I am lost for words.

I understand in principle where you are coming from- they develop these fantastic youngsters who are never seen in the blue and white after 18 years old, but this is the same for all clubs. Even if EF produce more draftees than other clubs, there are very few options that benefit the player apart from helping them get drafted and wishing them well once they have been.

Who says this didnt work BD?
The Eagles won 3 Premierships from 5 GF's under that set up, whilst Freo played in their only GF under it also?!
Their records outside it would suggest they should go back to it!

You don't want players to miss there draft year, eh. Bad luck for 2019 draftees. Surprised I didn't see you all over the media protesting

When the 2020 AFL season was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Liam Henry returned to his parent's home in Derby, Western Australia
Could have played for Claremont wafl.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway, from what started as a comment complimenting EF on their ability to produce AFL players which has turned into this, I’m out. Good to chat though 🤣

I guess a lot of the State league clubs would like the draft age be increased by 12 months....allows the club an extra season with their product, the player an opportunity to mature physically/mentally and the local fan the chance to see them play some senior footy at their club of origin.....as BD rightly says will never happen, but hey EF fans would appreciate the likes of Jack Carroll, Trey Ruscoe, Brandon Walker and Tom Joyce running around for a year or two at EF, instead of their respective AFL clubs affiliated team....before cracking the elite stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but they’re already drafted and si begins their AFL career. Your suggestion to miss their draft chance to stay at EF is laughable.

East Fremantle should be in the AFL based on their past tradition, history and success just like Port Adelaide. And, no, East Freo is not my WAFL club.

Only English will be back v Perth, Leggett and O'Reilly are gone from all accounts.... Chalmers hopefully back v WCE....Leggett back v EP maybe.....these next 4 games will seal Monaghans coaching career at EF.....fail to win at least 2 and he is gone I reckon......time will tell all me thinks

Only English will be back v Perth, Leggett and O'Reilly are gone from all accounts.... Chalmers hopefully back v WCE....Leggett back v EP maybe.....these next 4 games will seal Monaghans coaching career at EF.....fail to win at least 2 and he is gone I reckon......time will tell all me thinks

I've gone from hopeful to disappointed. Most the guys out are first picked.

Dixon out for 5 weeks mate with an ankle....not sure what happened during the bye weekend, but Dixon out for 5 after kicking 3 goals v SF and Chalmers injury now extended from "test" to 5 - 6 weeks.....that's 4 of EF 6 recruits this year gone for extended periods.....with 10 H/A games left, Schoenfeld gone for 11 weeks, O'Reilly gone for 8 weeks, Chalmers injury extended to 5/6 weeks and Dixon now out for 5......plus hard nut Murdock out for another 6 weeks.....plenty of opportunity for the likes of Gorringe, Bockman, Smith and Teakle to get some regular league footy under their belts.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back