Eastern FL - Division 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Upper beat mulgrave by nearly 6 goals at Dobson park(junior ground). Scrappy first half with only a handful of goals by both sides, but upper seemed to get their act together after the half and really put the foot down. A couple of new faces and the return of one from Casey, likely to tear 3rd div a new one, has upper hopefully improving on last years finals appearance. Interesting to see everyone's olds mate, the hitman, having an actual match day position on the bench for mully. God help them! We've got wanny south at kings park after Easter, leading into the first game away at chirnside.

Also on a very sad note, our old mate nick holloway passed away last week. Although the ultimate agitator on the forum, a hell of a footballer, who had a really bad trot in the last couple of years. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Does anyone know what EFL umpires get paid (range?). I wonder how much it takes to get somebody to goal umpire a match and turn up to training once a week.

I also had a conversation with an ex-player about them becoming an umpire and they were interested but there's no information around as to how much the payments are through the grades.

Anyone know?

Play baseball with a bloke that does regular div 1 games, and he's said it's certainly not commensurate with what most people would get for working a Saturday afternoon. $150 maybe? I'll confirm that

No wonder umpires are a bit weird. I think I'd rather pay one umpire $300 to get somebody decent than have two half-wits on half-pay.

I wonder why they don't do a full day of Colts, Ressies, Seniors, might make the effort a bit more worth it, since you have to travel, prepare, train, cop abuse etc. Might have been worth it for $400 a week for 3 matches, but anything less than $200 per weekend wouldn't be worth the commitment.

Good to see tempy getting their money's worth with 'the kid'.....$1500 a goal....excellent value! The eastern fm crew were a ******* joke today. There's commentating and barracking....they were terrible.

Maybe I misplaced a 1....don't care...the losers on the efl coverage didn't give the boys from kings park a hope. One of them even went so far as to say 8-10 goal loss. There's no reason why the form leading in would suggest that. Other than a complete lack of respect for one side. It was clear by the coverage that wasn't going to change until the game was finished. As for 'the kid'....$500 a goal is still a lot! Other than that he's useless. But good luck to them.

Surely a club in this day and age arent paying players per goal, promotes selfish footy. Got a bloke open in the square, nup ill go back from 40 on the fence coz ill get 500 if i kick it, outrageous if true. Good win by your boys lowey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No im suggesting his match payments aren't in line with his output, specifically on Saturday. But when he kicks 15 against silvan it's money well spent I guess....and yes it was a great win!

Lowy - they aside from 1 the media are volunteers and have club backgrounds - Tempy, East Doncaster (especially), Rowville, etc all get an incredible run & at times bias as the guys how are involved have come from such clubs. But without these guys giving up their time & it is a big commitment the EFL media would be non-existent.

Have a go yourself or does softball not allow the freetime?

Good improvement by Upper in 2016. I did see them once at Kings in 2015 they were ordinary on that day. Young guys improving? Tate fitter? Recruited well (not much was said in the off-season?). No Petracca, Matt Lee, Derks, & also Unlikely to see Begley again this season I would have thought.

Lowy - they aside from 1 the media are volunteers and have club backgrounds - Tempy, East Doncaster (especially), Rowville, etc all get an incredible run & at times bias as the guys how are involved have come from such clubs. But without these guys giving up their time & it is a big commitment the EFL media would be non-existent.

Have a go yourself or does softball not allow the freetime?

Good improvement by Upper in 2016. I did see them once at Kings in 2015 they were ordinary on that day. Young guys improving? Tate fitter? Recruited well (not much was said in the off-season?). No Petracca, Matt Lee, Derks, & also Unlikely to see Begley again this season I would have thought.
I understand these volunteers have current or previous club allegiances however surely the powers at the EFL can give the simple and easily understood directive of don't be so bloody bias . Doing something for free shouldnt give anyone the mandate to run with their own agendas . A gentle reminder that they are there to provide a balanced and researched coverage of the game wouldn't go astray.

The EFL website has the last 5 minutes of this game up. I didn't hear any bias at all thought they commented spot on. Gave upper gully and their players a lot of credit ( it is only 5 minutes I know) Maybe its you Lowdown. Maybe your ears have got too much red and blue inside them.
Anyway who gives two shits how they commentated , Upper won you should be happy instead of gobbing of about them and talesvki.
Hope he comes back to haunt you in the finals for going too early

Been 3 years in the making, since we got relegated. Putting a bucket load of time into under 17's and 15's that can step up when required. A strong football structure led by andy Hayman, and identifying the right recruits. We lost a golden generation of players about 4 years ago that was the backbone of the club for ten years, but we were lucky enough to introduce a line of kids into the place that were able to step straight in and play senior footy. The fact that 80% of our seniors played their trade as juniors at the club keep the cost down, allowing us to go and recruit guys like brad kelleher, who's poise and leadership are unmatched. Plus we've got tim Reisley, who's the best player nearly to ever pull on an upper gully jumper! They're quick, and skilful, but now they're starting to get thicker. That's the difference between our last foray into the premiership window, and now. We'll see how they continue this form on the heavy grounds. Always going to be tougher, so watch this space.

Well this weeks the week! Final before the finals, and upper haven't missed a beat. Tempy dropped one to boronia a couple weeks ago. I know they've had a few injuries and I heard that one of their guns has left to go in the fire brigade. Anyway, they'll be pumped for a return and give us a wake up before the finals. My query is, will either team play ducks and drakes? Upper have nothing to gain by winning or losing(except having an undefeated season) and tempy can't drop a spot, so what does it matter? I wouldn't like to play with form and drop too many, but they certainly might rest one or two. same with tempy. Would you rest the big bloke, or try and jam it up my arse, for previous posts. Anyway, I look forward to responses, or lack of going off history.

I'm just trying to get some content on this forum. It's a bloody wasteland of efl footy currently. Need to shake some trees and see what falls

I haven't paid much attention to the seniors I'll admit. But even though my boy is still U12's I'm starting to take more interest. Upper is a great club and EFL puts on some great games. I'd like to see this forum used more as well.

Very interesting div, div 3 with the form of Heathmont and Boronia in the second half of the yr, Boronia pushing Upper then beating Tempy. Upper wld have to go in favorites at the moment but any of the top 4 cld get the job done one wld think. Surely neither tempy or upper show there full hand this week, nothing to gain from it in my view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back