Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy too, even though at the first 2 picks there are others who I could equally be happy with.

The overall negative for this draft is that a small/medium forward would give it a better shape, especially with both Stocker and Sparrow. I don't think we are as desperate for inside mids as some think, despite the loss of Neale, so for me, one more will do.

In retrospect someone like Sturt, McHenry or Butters would have balanced nicely for me, or a hope that Hill is available.
I reckon we are a few inside mids short. We have very little past our first 5 or 6 blokes in there.

Think we'll go in with 4 maybe 5 picks, as lost Le Cras, Partington, MacKenzie, Karpany...

I pray we don't take Foley, so vanilla. If Clark is still on the board we'd take him over McLennan and then Smith with our 2nd.

You lost me when you ranked Jez McLennan above Jordan Clark and then took a massive reach for Luke Foley.

Jordan held his head high for Claremont in the finals playing as a 17 year old where as Foley could not make it to the higher level for Subiaco as a 19 year old. Close on 2 years difference in age - I am sensing people have overlooked that.

I would be fine if you had gone Clark and Smith (you still had him on the board and more the player West Coast need). Loads more upside I am seeing in Ely.

You did clarify the polarising view you have on Clark. I sense that is probably due to you having seen mainly highlights. Jordan has been a half forward and outside midfielder who was sent to hbf recently to improve his accountability. That part is improving drastically and he managed to keep Petrucelle and Partington quiet in the WAFL elimination final. I have watched a decent amount of him live as has the Doggies WA recruiter and he has been in their sights at pick 9 since August.

Last edited:
You lost me when you ranked Jez McLennan above Jordan Clark and then took a massive reach for Luke Foley.

Jordan held his head high for Claremont in the finals playing as a 17 year old where as Foley could not make it to the higher level for Subiaco as a 19 year old. Close on 2 years difference in age - I am sensing people have overlooked that.

I would be fine if you had gone Clark and Smith (you still had him on the board and more the player West Coast need). Loads more upside I am seeing in Ely.

You did clarify the polarising view you have on Clark. I sense that is probably due to you having seen mainly highlights. Jordan has been a half forward and outside midfielder who was sent to hbf recently to improve his accountability. That part is improving drastically and he managed to keep Petrucelle and Partington quiet in the WAFL elimination final. I have watched a decent amount of him live as has the Doggies WA recruiter and he has been in their sights at pick 9 since August.
I’ve only seen Clark play in the champs and I watched him very clearly and watched the same games multiple times to try and see what I was missing, his contested possession count at the champs speaks volumes for what I saw, I like McLennan and Quaynor more as defenders because I’ve seen them defend a lot more. That is the major reason for me, even a game he spent on the wing in the champs he didn’t really stand out to me and looked more comfortable playing the easier role down back.

Until I see him defend with my own eyes I can’t rate him higher or go of hearsay or else it’s jot my own thoughts is it.

I personally don’t see it as a stretch for Foley I have plyers in the 24-45 range really close and I can see him going in that range. He is a player I find hard to rate because his hands and composure are fantastic but his kicking can let him down but he has a good mix of contested and uncontested game and is a good runner so I can see a role for him at AFL level.

Final rankings coming tomorrow, I had made minor changes litterely the day after my last update. Nothing too major with only one player in and out of the last top 30, may extend it to 40 depending if anyone wants it to be or not.

Final Top 45

I expect alot of queries since there are some big changes to the top 5, these changes haven't been made because of the players more from my changing beliefs, i will fully go over any question regarding this and why.

Final Top 45 Part 1.PNG

Final Top 45 Part 2.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, my bad. You have put both King brothers ahead of Lukosius. Is there a particular reason for this?
Top 5 is neck and neck, picking on over the other is like picking Dangerfield over Dusty, both King Twins i think will end up the better contested markers and real focal points at either end where as Lukosius i feel will end up like a Westhoff able to go where needed and show of his class and float effortlessly around the ground.

I will admit to not watching much of Pavlich when he was younger but would you project Lukosius to play similar roles throughout his career? Depending on where the team needs him he could play defence and midfield (winger and hybrid mid) early on in his career and then finish as a key forward and also along the lines of how the Bont plays at the Doggies?

I will admit to not watching much of Pavlich when he was younger but would you project Lukosius to play similar roles throughout his career? Depending on where the team needs him he could play defence and midfield (winger and hybrid mid) early on in his career and then finish as a key forward and also along the lines of how the Bont plays at the Doggies?
Hard to say, with his field kicking skills I think he starts in defence which I think also takes the pressure off.

I think you have severely overrated Josh Kemp. Mcfadyen is a similar sort and just way better for mine.
Harry Reynolds is a bit of a dark horse for mine. Some top end stuff at stoppages looks good.
Jordan Clark reminds me of Shannon Hurn as a junior. Great kick, natural sportsman just needs greater fitness. Great read.

I think you have severely overrated Josh Kemp. Mcfadyen is a similar sort and just way better for mine.
Harry Reynolds is a bit of a dark horse for mine. Some top end stuff at stoppages looks good.
Jordan Clark reminds me of Shannon Hurn as a junior. Great kick, natural sportsman just needs greater fitness. Great read.
McFadyen is a good 6cm and 20kg heavier so not sure about that comparison.

Reynolds very close to my top 40 and he is still very light aswell with plenty of scope, Hurn is really good defensively, strong and a good leader and I haven’t seen any of those traits from Clark, I’d say Clark plays more like a Hibberd or Jake Lloyd

I will again make a top 30 for next year, a few didn’t meet my expectations in Matthew Green, Zane Barzen and Mitch Riordan but I had a few early hits including Stocker although that was changed at the very start of this year with O’Halloran and RCD included.

Not sure when I will get this out but will try as early as possible

What was your shock pick of the draft and who didn't get selected that you thought should have?

I will again make a top 30 for next year, a few didn’t meet my expectations in Matthew Green, Zane Barzen and Mitch Riordan but I had a few early hits including Stocker although that was changed at the very start of this year with O’Halloran and RCD included.

Not sure when I will get this out but will try as early as possible
Dont remind me :'(. Hope he makes an effort to move to Vic and play VFL

What was your shock pick of the draft and who didn't get selected that you thought should have?
My shock was James Jordan going so early, I like him but not that high. I think Smallwood should have been drafted as he is ready made and has good skills and good work ethic, his lack of speed and size an issue but seeing Cavarra work his way up with similar issues as a junior should keep him motivated.

My shock was James Jordan going so early, I like him but not that high. I think Smallwood should have been drafted as he is ready made and has good skills and good work ethic, his lack of speed and size an issue but seeing Cavarra work his way up with similar issues as a junior should keep him motivated.
Sorry another question. Why do you think that Podhajski didn't get selected even as a rookie?

Sorry another question. Why do you think that Podhajski didn't get selected even as a rookie?
A lack of a standout elite trait would be my guess, nothing that separates him from the pack. Should play some high standard VFL next year and force the hand of recruiters by pure weight of numbers, Gibbons is having the same issuance in the VFL atm

A lack of a standout elite trait would be my guess, nothing that separates him from the pack. Should play some high standard VFL next year and force the hand of recruiters by pure weight of numbers, Gibbons is having the same issuance in the VFL atm
The way some were talking about him I would of expected a rookie spot at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back