Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the GWS Giants cant move up to pick #3/#4 they will most likely park their 1st round pick by trading it to another team
e.g
Trade pick #6 to Gold Coast for pick #20 + 2020 pick #11
then the bid comes for green they use the points from 20+their other crap selections
Then they can trade GWS 2020 1st rounder for GC pick #15 to draft Jackson

GC Out: 2020 pick #11 + 2019 #15 +2019 #20
GC In : 2019 pick #6 + 2020 GWS 1st rounder

GWS Out: #6 + 2020 1st rounder
GWS In : Greene (#20+#40+#59+#60) Jackson #15 +2020 GC pick #11Matt

Seems a bit of a bizarre move to me, given they began with picks 12 & 18 in the first place, which they've since traded to move up to 6.....I guess there's more than 1 way to skin a Cat.

What was his weight at U18's, though? Definitely remember him having some puppy fat but Gould flat out needs to lose another 15kg's, which is easier said than done.
The kid did play well in SANFL GF with that kind of Weight, won't worry too much if you play him in HB or third defender, midfield as you suggested need to trim down to avoid injuries due to heavier workload.

I notice you don't have Jay Rantall in your top 30, where do you rate him eDPS ? Just an endurance machine or more to him to that?

I'm warming to him for us at 21 if he is still available, I think this draft is deeper(IMO some good gets should still be around till late 2nd round) and more talented than most seem to think, you?

I notice you don't have Jay Rantall in your top 30, where do you rate him eDPS ? Just an endurance machine or more to him to that?

I'm warming to him for us at 21 if he is still available, I think this draft is deeper(IMO some good gets should still be around till late 2nd round) and more talented than most seem to think, you?
Just about in the 31-32 spot all year and his last game didn’t really help his cause but he is another player that wouldn’t suprise me to go higher.

Its a very even draft this year maybe the most even I’ve seen and when it comes to ranking this year it’s just personal preference as sometimes you will like a player better than another for no real good reason haha

If the GWS Giants cant move up to pick #3/#4 they will most likely park their 1st round pick by trading it to another team
e.g
then the bid comes for green they use the points from 20+their other crap selections

GC Out: 2020 pick #11 + 2019 #15 +2019 #20
GC In : 2019 pick #6 + 2020 GWS 1st rounder

GWS Out: #6 + 2020 1st rounder
GWS In : Greene (#20+#40+#59+#60) Jackson #15 +2020 GC pick #11

They’d have to match Greene with 15.

Not really as they don't have pick 15, after getting Green , they can trade they future pick to get pick 15. GWS is not that stupid to trade two first round for pick 6.

e.g
This might fall foul of the (as yet unknown) rule the league has apparently brought in to stop ploys like Sydney's Blakey pick swaps.

Not really as they don't have pick 15, after getting Green , they can trade they future pick to get pick 15. GWS is not that stupid to trade two first round for pick 6.

Yep that makes more sense. But then they have to use pick 6 for Greene if they don’t trade it before the bid.

He hasn’t shown good balance with his defensive side and his kicking isn’t as good as you would think as he does fluff a few kicks. By comparison Dylan Stephens has shown he can win his own ball while also working harder defensively which is why he is in my top 10. Sharp has great talent and I don’t think he is far off the mark for top 20 but the 18-35 range for me is extremely tight.
eDPS Why has O'Neill dropped so much from his bottom age year?

Yep that makes more sense. But then they have to use pick 6 for Greene if they don’t trade it before the bid.
I think GWS only want Greene in this year draft and lower end pick for other players , don't need to paid them more to stayed at the club. Eg Bonar - they let go for third round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think GWS only want Greene in this year draft and lower end pick for other players , don't need to paid them more to stayed at the club. Eg Bonar - they let go for third round pick.
If they only wanted Green they wouldn't have traded up, losing points in the process.

Hey edps, not sure if you can answer this but I remember when Lachie Hunter was coming through the draft he had pretty poor endurance results at the combine but did a vo2max test at the club and scored really highly. The club at the time said that they believed Hunter would become a great endurance footballer which has turned out to be the case.
Is the vo2max test a better indicator of what a player can offer from am endurance perspective and a clubs allowed to do their own testing?

Seems a bit of a bizarre move to me, given they began with picks 12 & 18 in the first place, which they've since traded to move up to 6.....I guess there's more than 1 way to skin a Cat.

Not really they needed to get to 6 before they could work out what happens with the other selections , Could have been a good chance that Sydney might have traded 5 to get daniher and that would have made #6 the selection prior to green getting a bid and they had options to reverse as per my example

They wont have #15 when a bid comes they trade it in after

They wont have pick #6 at the time of the bid and gold Coast will have this selection.

If they only wanted Green they wouldn't have traded up, losing points in the process.
But they have less players to delist before draft night. They don't need to fill up 40 senior list spots and can have 6 rookie list players for one year contract instead of 2 in ND draft ( if I am not mistaken rookie are outside the cap) . Free up salary cap for Cameron and Whitfield next year.

Last edited:
more clubs should take the risk on the Sydney stack types. If you back in your club/ player culture + the clubs ability to develop players as people why not take a risk if the player slips to the 3rd round and beyond
Interesting to see a herald sun article today by Kevin Sheehan where he mentioned clubs are now changing their opinions on players with baggage (at the draft age or previously overlooked). Don’t know why it’s taken this long. There are so many diamonds in the rough, clubs just have to be willing to back in their culture and development programs to give the players the best chance.

Hey edps, not sure if you can answer this but I remember when Lachie Hunter was coming through the draft he had pretty poor endurance results at the combine but did a vo2max test at the club and scored really highly. The club at the time said that they believed Hunter would become a great endurance footballer which has turned out to be the case.
Is the vo2max test a better indicator of what a player can offer from am endurance perspective and a clubs allowed to do their own testing?
Can’t say I know a lot about Vo2max tests so i wouldn’t be a the best one to ask about that, I might go do a bit of research on it.

Not sure which rule they ould really bring in apart from the same pick being traded back to the team that traded it without going through another team
I think that's already a rule, and Sydney didn't do that anyway.

But they have less players to delist before draft night. They don't need to fill up 40 senior list spots and can have 6 rookie list players for one year contract instead of 2 in ND draft ( if I am not mistaken rookie are outside the cap) . Free up salary cap for Cameron and Whitfield next year.
None of that is relevant to whether they use 6 or 12 and 18 to match a bid.

I think that's already a rule, and Sydney didn't do that anyway.

None of that is relevant to whether they use 6 or 12 and 18 to match a bid.

Then the only way to really stop it from happening without compromising the entire future trading of picks would be to not allow 1st round piks to be traded
Its for the way too hard basket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back