Past Elijah Taylor - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

I've removed a large number of posts from the last day or so that is mainly speculation without any factual basis and broader discussion on the issue of DV.

I want to bring this thread back on track and reiterate the scope of the discussion to be:
*new developments in the Taylor case as more facts get reported
*ramifications of such facts on Taylor's future at the club and the Swans
*subsequent actions the Swans should take

If you want to talk about the sociology around the issue of DV more generally there's sure to be many appropriate threads on the Society, Religion, Politics board.

There's no reason for oppo posters to be weighing in here, there's a thread on the main board about the exact same topic.

From here on posts that are simply speculating without any factual backing are going in the bin. This includes:
*any posts speculating on the outcome of Taylor's guilt/innocence - he's presumed innocent until found guilty, we know as it stands there are serious allegations of DV against him, there's going to be a hearing on September 30. Without further fact and information, no one's in a position to make a more enlightened view.
*any posts theorising the girl 'attention-seeking' or making false claim for some other reason - without any supporting facts it's completely unfair to be making that sort of character assessment. A DV allegation is a serious claim and there's no business in dismissing it until the facts arise to counter it.

Hitting Females is reprehensible. Any Male partner of my daughters raised their hand to them be it boyfriend or Husband and they would have their ****ing hands removed from their arms. Let's hope this is not true for his and the girl's sake.

100% agree,

just meant if he is somehow done something that leaves him with his career going we have seen another play on successfully. (if he should or should not have is another question)

Quite possibly. Clubs definitely can't sweep things under the carpet like they once did. You have to think that is a good thing.

Scary to think how many have been over the years, "boys will be boys" and so on

There are so many unknowns here, obviously, most on this board, including myself are of the same mindset and if allegations are proven then there is an obvious conclusion for Elijah, We need to be careful no tot go off too early though, people should remember the Josh Reynolds case in the NRL which happened not too long ago and we all eventually found out it was not as it first appeared......this is why we need to be very careful not to judge too early and wait until the investigation comes to some conclusion.

Hitting Females is reprehensible. Any Male partner of my daughters raised their hand to them be it boyfriend or Husband and they would have their ****ing hands removed from their arms. Let's hope this is not true for his and the girl's sake.

Because meeting violence with violence always fixes things...

Interesting the latest claim from her is the Swans have made a phone call telling her to keep quiet, and Harley answering back , that's not his interpretation of the situation.

I am speculating, but I think it’s more likely they have advised her to get:
- a police report made detailing the allegations formally
- legal advice

... and probably best to stop posting it on social media (which she has interpreted as keep quiet).

Guessing but seems likely...

I am speculating, but I think it’s more likely they have advised her to get:
- a police report made detailing the allegations formally
- legal advice

... and probably best to stop posting it on social media (which she has interpreted as keep quiet).

Guessing but seems likely...

It was a strange claim by her, and I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and say she misinterpreted it, or she got a bit flustered when the journo was speaking to her and just misspoke. I'd imagine she's currently under more pressure than she has experienced before.

I don't know how this will pan out, I'm biased so of course I want ET to be innocent, but these are serious allegations and should be investigated fully and with the respect that they deserve. Hopefully the league and the police can get to the bottom of the investigation and we can find out one way or another. If Taylor did what she alleges, then I'd expect him to have his contract torn up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I presume they have broken up right?
Yeah, think that was stated on 7 news.

If it wasn't complicated enough these allegations may have come out after they separated...
Elijah may still be guilty, but these are murky waters.

Regardless of the outcome and seriousness of the charges/accusations, a kid his age shouldn't be hung out to dry and sacked. Every young kid deserves at least 1 chance to redeem themselves. This would be a massive life lesson for him. If he cares, he'll mature from it. Sacking him imo would be irresponsible, a decision that could make or break his life for the worst.

Regardless of the outcome and seriousness of the charges/accusations, a kid his age shouldn't be hung out to dry and sacked. Every young kid deserves at least 1 chance to redeem themselves. This would be a massive life lesson for him. If he cares, he'll mature from it. Sacking him imo would be irresponsible, a decision that could make or break his life for the worst.

i can see that side honestly i can

but if he is just bashing her, then he should f off to a cell, i hope its not that clear cut of course

i can see that side honestly i can

but if he is just bashing her, then he should f off to a cell, i hope its not that clear cut of course
Even as serious and disgusting as that is, it's still something you can turn around from. The variable here is how much it shakes him up and whether it knocks sense and remorse into him.

i forsee no police charges, and a teary interview on a current affair(her not ET) This smacks of sour grapes and attention seeking
. There, I said it

Last edited:
Let me get this straight - you believe that IF he has indeed beaten a woman, the Swans should continue to employ him???

Aside from the obvious moral problem with that, have you considered the impact on the club’s image and supporter base? It’d send a message that the Swans tolerate abuse of women. I’d be ashamed of the club, as would many, many others.

IF he’s guilty, he has to go.

Immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back