Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

[PLAYERCARD]Taylor Adams[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

For a few years now, probably more than any other player (toss up between him and Clarrie), I’ve wished for Adams as a Swan. Just love the way he goes about it.
He signs and I’m like,”What if it all turns to sh*t?”
But seeing him in the gear, on the training paddock, I’m so f***** excited!

Maybe we get Clarrie next year 😛

Just watched his interview on the website and got drunk playing 'cliche bingo'.
Really? You couldn't tell how much missing the GF is something he's still coming to terms with? That after 200 games to up and leave a club he thought he'd always play for didn't impact him? It's all there if you want to listen.

Really? You couldn't tell how much missing the GF is something he's still coming to terms with? That after 200 games to up and leave a club he thought he'd always play for didn't impact him? It's all there if you want to listen.
I guess you hear what you want to hear, but I heard an experienced media performer saying the things I expected him to say. No slight on him, I just didn't hear anything unexpected.

Hear from Sydney Swans midfielder Taylor Adams who spoke to the media about joining the club, how it unfolded, the experience and impact he will bring to his teammates and adjusting to Sydney life.

Physically, Taylor is smaller than I expected. (Heeney looks significantly bigger and more powerful, for example.) When they talked about strengthening our midfield I imagined someone beefier. I am not familiar with his game (I don't watch a lot of oppo games and when I watch our games I can't help but focus more on our players). However his credentials are excellent and I thought he made a great first impression. The thing I liked most was that he shared some vulnerability in describing how much it hurt missing out on the GF. He also came across and mature and sensible - he said the right sort of cliches but he also did come across as mindless - I thought he was pretty genuine. I'm really glad to have him and I look forward to welcoming him to the club.

Physically, Taylor is smaller than I expected. (Heeney looks significantly bigger and more powerful, for example.) When they talked about strengthening our midfield I imagined someone beefier. I am not familiar with his game (I don't watch a lot of oppo games and when I watch our games I can't help but focus more on our players). However his credentials are excellent and I thought he made a great first impression. The thing I liked most was that he shared some vulnerability in describing how much it hurt missing out on the GF. He also came across and mature and sensible - he said the right sort of cliches but he also did come across as mindless - I thought he was pretty genuine. I'm really glad to have him and I look forward to welcoming him to the club.

Whoops! That was a typo - I meant to say he did NOT come across as mindless. Sorry Tay!

Taylor Adams - 180cm and 86kg
Angus Sheldrick - 178cm and 86kg

Libba isn't big but he's a contested beast, I hope Adams can provide us with similar impact in this area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice new avatar, Nuggetz .

Ticky009 did you accidentally post something in the wrong thread and move it? The board says you posted here last night but not a trace of your post to be found. I can also imagine other explanations, some of them quite amusing...

Ticky009 did you accidentally post something in the wrong thread and move it? The board says you posted here last night but not a trace of your post to be found. I can also imagine other explanations, some of them quite amusing...
I got the same notification and whatever it was was gone about 2 minutes after she posted it.

Its the new pinned post. Since it is pinned at the top of every page it is removed from the normal order of posts

I got the same notification and whatever it was was gone about 2 minutes after she posted it.
Last night in a fit of boredom I updated the Profile pages for Adams, Grundy, Green and Jordon. I had placeholders for the last three but not for Adams so as millky said you would have got an alert on the post before I tagged it to be the Cover thereby changing the order. I couldn't find a good front on profile shot of Adams in his Swans kit but I quiet like this dynamic training pic.

Callipygian

Taylor's leadership in the midfield is going to be much more needed now with Parker's injury. Suddenly he and Brodie together will become a fair bit extra influential than might have been the case if Parker were uninjured and providing the dominant voice, with them in supporting roles. I'm very glad we have him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back