Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

[PLAYERCARD]Taylor Adams[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

I hope we don't rush him. Still seems the potential for him to play managed minutes in the reserves. If he doesn't I personally am tempted to infer that he won't play seniors next week either.

yes, definitely no need to rush anyone back, that's the whole point of "depth" ...
we're going along fine, building the momentum and cohesion of a team not forced to make a lot of changes ... which was exactly the problem about this time last season

Won’t see him in the seniors until post bye. Same with Parker.
Yes, i tend to agree. No need to rush them back when we're winning well without them.

Could do with Adams in the middle to fix up our clearance count which still far from outstanding.

Won’t see him in the seniors until post bye. Same with Parker.
I keep forgetting we have a bye in round 5 so whenever I see someone say they can play "after the bye" I keep thinking geez that's a bit conservative

Pretty certain Adams won't be back this week, but the timing of the early byes this year could hardly be better.

The round five bye gives us a little more time for player recovery. We'll have the extra practice time to rejig the side and we can use the post-bye game against West Coast to bring everyone back up to speed and hit our straps for another bunch of (mostly) tough games until the Round 12 bye.

Having Adams, Parker and Mills to boost our midfield stocks for the second half of the year is timely. It's a fairly tough fixture with no byes until the finals. We might need the depth. Sheldrick too. Hopefully some talls will have shown enough in the 2s and be hammering on the door through the back half of the year. We may need to rest some of our KPPs and sort out any niggles to ensure we can take our best team to the finals, fresh and ready to take it up a few notches.

Hope Parker, Mills and Adams are all on hand for the Round 23 Thuggondon game at Marvel. Combined with Heeney and Rowbottom they'll show Thug Cheats' supporters what real toughness looks like, so they'll realise it's not about talking tough and cheap shots on the opposition.

My main thought is we don't need to rush anyone back. My secondary thought is that they may want to reintroduce players to the side incrementally rather than all (ok, both - because really I'm talking about Adams and Parker) at once. So if Taylor plays next week and then Parker returns after the bye, that works. If they both come back after the bye, that works too.

In the meantime, will Fox return or will Mitchell get a debut? Sorry, I'll repost that in a more appropriate thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, i tend to agree. No need to rush them back when we're winning well without them.

Could do with Adams in the middle to fix up our clearance count which still far from outstanding.

Parker needs to be playing sooner rather than later to hit 300 this year though.

Anymore Swift puns, you'll all get a people's redcard.
Frustrated Head GIF

How do so many people know direct quotes from Taylor Swift songs? I’ve never actively paid attention to any of the lyrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back