ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people saying, “I’m wrong about saying the club has always rewarded mediocrity” here a just a few examples of rewarding mediocrity

The board resigning Chris Connolly after 2 failed seasons in 2004 / 2005

Connolly refusing to drop players and saying, “they need to play AFL to regain form" BULLSHIT!

Scwhabby insisting we trade 2 first round draft picks for Trent Croad and then Connolly refusing to play him down back insisting he is a forward! And then refusing to drop him

The Dockers team of 2003 clapping the crowd after being humiliated by Essendon in an Elimination final. Instead they should have been walking down the race with there heads down.

Scwhabby responding to a question on national TV about how the Dockers have under achieved, “Well when you look at Saint Kilda and the Bulldogs, they haven’t achieved much themselves” MATE THIS IS #&%!ING FREMANTLE! Who cares what other clubs have done

Rick Hart coming out on national TV and saying, “Dockers can still win the flag this year, be patient” even though we had lost our first 4 games

Rick Hart in the same year coming out and saying, “If we win the derby this weekend, Mark Harvey will most likely be signed up as our new coach”

Mark Harvey continually blaming injuries last year when we still had players like Sandilands, Pavlich, Ballantyne, McPharlin, Grover, Fyfe, Mzungu and other good players playing

Mark Harvey refusing to drop Johnson and other under performing players last year

Pavlich winning last years B&F after a very average season when Fyfe should have won it quite easily

Yea this club doesn’t reward mediocrity at all!

And to the recent posters bagging Pavlich, WTF do what him to do? He has already done more for this club than anyone else has ever done. He’s carried this club for almost his whole career he shouldn’t have to do it while in the final years of his career. It’s about time the rest of the team start delivering

If you go dragging up ancient history you're going to lose any semblance of support you might have had for your rant andy.

As for Pav, what I want him to do is deliver on his potential. I'm sick of seeing him play at 90% while preserving his body and his career for as long as he can. I want him to be a wrecking ball with no thought for the consequences. I want him to take marks and kick goals and strike fear into the opposition. If you're happy with his current output, its you who are accepting mediocrity.

Yes I was quite incredulous at this. I feel so guilty for all the training reports I did in the pre-season. Who knew it would lead to this :eek:

We are one draft away from a 5 year rebuild and 1/3 of a season into a new coach and game plan. Middle of next year is about judgement day for me.
There have been a few howlers in the drafts but some good ones too.
Missing out on Clark hurts, especially if we had got him as a bargain and still nabbed Crozier.
I don't like us in any of the next 5 so things are going to get pretty primal around here, this is just the start. Ross is going to be really earning his pay and if Pav is still smiling and reading off an auto cue about how the boys are really really truly really going to give great effort next week after yet another shellacking in 5 weeks it's going to get really ugly.
Batten down the hatches!

On a lighter note I really enjoyed reading your pre season reports E Shed, and having been to training at the same sessions I thought the reports were very acurate.

If you go dragging up ancient history you're going to lose any semblance of support you might have had for your rant andy.
People were telling me I was wrong so I was bringing up recent examples of mediocrity

As for Pav, what I want him to do is deliver on his potential. I'm sick of seeing him play at 90% while preserving his body and his career for as long as he can. I want him to be a wrecking ball with no thought for the consequences. I want him to take marks and kick goals and strike fear into the opposition. If you're happy with his current output, its you who are accepting mediocrity.

To Pav’s standards no he hasn’t been great but he’s been far from our worst either. If it wasn’t for his finishing ability we wouldn’t have beat Geelong,He changed the game against the Gold Coast and was one of our better players against Carlton even though delivery to him was crapola all night. He is in the Top 10 for pressure acts in the AFL, He is leading our inside 50’s, he is leading our goal assists, he is 2 nd behind DeBoer for inside 50 tackles and he is 1 st for inside 50 marks. Just because he isn’t kicking the regulation 4 goals a game we are use to seeing from him doesn’t mean he isn’t doing anything at all. I’d love him to see him wheel around and kick those goals when he takes a mark outside 50 but he isn’t doing that anymore because he is trying to bring the others around him into the game, perhaps he needs to start being selfish again.

Our delivery skills from the midfield have been absolute crap all year. When he is playing forward what else can he do other then try to create a contest?Time and time again the ball is always going over his head, hitting the ground before it reaches him and going out on the full. No matter who you are be it Franklin, Cloke and Hawkins your going to struggle to kick goals in this team. Also because our midfield is so crap Pavlich has to go into the middle regularly just give us a chance at winning a clearance, if you want proof go watch the Saint Kilda and GC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back