EOI: A Brisbane Lions BigFooty Board Punter's Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was wondering if there was any interest out there in starting a punter's club on this board this season? I was thinking we could start a Sportsbet account or the like where everyone contributes an amount at the start of the year (say $10), which allows you to have 2 $5 bets throughout the AFL season - preferably related to the Lions that weekend. Sportsbet gives you a range of betting options - from head-to-head and line results, most possessions, total goals, highest goal kicker etc.

With this format we would have one $5 bet a week (for 22 rounds plus 4 finals games) which means if we get 13 participants, you will be in charge of placing 2 bets throughout the year for your $10 investment.

The winnings (ideally) could than be used in whatever way the majority want, say:
  • Helping to purchase another player sponsorship before the 2011 season.
  • Going towards a bar tab for an end-of-season outing at the Lions Den (John has his Coopers cloudy, with a half-glass of sediment).
  • Donating it to a charity or helping to buy a membership for a Lions fan doing it tough.
  • Rolling it over for another year.
I don't know - they were just some thoughts off the top of my head. Of course, there is a major chance we lose it all, in which case you should know gambling is a shocking habit and you should all spend more time with your families.

So let us know if this would be something you would be interested in, and I will get the ball rolling if there is enough interest.

Roster:

Round 1 - PertRoosOsbourne and whatboutbob
Round 2 - wabaa and irel
Round 3 - Duritz and Football Pope
Round 4 - POBT and TheBrownDog
Round 5 - Lace Out and Cousin Jed
Round 6 - GG and Grimreepah
Round 7 - Warwick and lionbear
Round 8 - cjwalkley and blynd_freddie

I'm in.

I'd like to float the idea of a bigger outlay, though... I COMPLETELY understand if you guys want to keep it at the level suggested, and believe me you DO NOT need to convince me why stringency is advocated: I completely agree with your reasons. HOWEVER.... if people feel comfortable outlaying more, let's just say I'm amenable.

I've got a bridge to sell you, Grim.

The bridge goes staright over to Russell Island where I have a waterfront block you might be interested in.... (maybe inappropriate with Tsunami warnings tonight:eek:)

How much?

Lets start the negotiations at say $500,000:thumbsu:

PS Long time no see on the Lions Board Duritz. Should have known it would only take a punting topic to coax you back:p

The bridge goes staright over to Russell Island where I have a waterfront block you might be interested in.... (maybe inappropriate with Tsunami warnings tonight:eek:)

If you look in the Referdex for Russell and Macleay islands, they still have all those proposed streets listed, even though they are under water.

Lets start the negotiations at say $500,000:thumbsu:

My mate reckons you are dreaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in.

I'd like to float the idea of a bigger outlay, though... I COMPLETELY understand if you guys want to keep it at the level suggested, and believe me you DO NOT need to convince me why stringency is advocated: I completely agree with your reasons. HOWEVER.... if people feel comfortable outlaying more, let's just say I'm amenable.

Sounds like a great idea, count me in.

Hey Duritz, is the Orb going to make an appearance soon?

Warwick
Cousin Jed
The Flying Belgian
Grimreepah
Duritz
irel
blynd_freddie
Football Pope
PertRoosOsbourne
GingerGreatness
Chasing the Dream
Lace Out

That's 12 right there. I'll set it up when we get our 13th as that will allow 2 bets each throughout the year if we were having a $5 bet each week.

Of course, more are welcome, and if that's the case we can have multiple bets some rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back