EPL Matchday 2

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO players are still adjusting to playing in empty stadiums. I wouldn't look too much into results until the end of November at this stage.

Yeah very pre-season feel to it.

Chelsea still got players to come in. Lots of new players take time..lampard still should be doing better than losing 32% of his home games..that's shocking

That massive price tag is another huge boat anchor around his neck also.

Yes which is one thing is not in his control (his transfer fee), and quite likely a weight on his shoulders that is exacerbating the problem. Almost every mention of his ongoing mistakes includes a reference to how expensive he was, waste of money, a flop etc. It's a very problematic situation to be in.

Wonder how theyll react when crowds return. Wont happen until the current second wave passes, probably Jan at the earliest.

Weirdest part is the lower leagues haven't gone as crazy.

Apparently there only needs to be 4 goals in the last two games to be the highest scoring game week ever from a 20 team comp.

Personally i havent, i wouldn't cheer someone getting sent off in a game i was playing. Coaching kids i would tell them off if they did the same.

I think it was great of Klopp but each to their own

I’m with you. Cheer winning the ball. Cheer goals. Cheer solid tackles. Cheer good play.

Managers and bench staff know all too well what it’s like having someone sent off - regardless of how blatant it was - so cheering it just seems a bit dumb. Klopp is a likeable AF manager too. Can’t not like the guy

The promoted teams have conceded 22 goals between them after the first 2 games of the season.

One of them also tops the league for goals scored.

I don’t think it means much, zero pre-season + new defenders with barely any opportunity to learn systems the main culprit for most sides imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lamptey, why on earth did Chelsea give him up? Not just the fantastic runs and control but how was that tackle near middle of park?!! He’s only 164cm!

It was Tariq's decision.

He wanted guaranteed first team football. Not sure either Us or Chelsea envisioned him playing at this level though.

Given his size I expect as Newcastle did teams will just try and kick him off the park.

Lamptey, why on earth did Chelsea give him up? Not just the fantastic runs and control but how was that tackle near middle of park?!! He’s only 164cm!

He’s 1cm shorter than Maradona, means nothing really, some would argue when you are that height and technically brilliant it’s a major advantage.

He was behind Azpi and James, it was the right decision by him.

We have a sell on fee at least.

It’s not like he’s developed for years at Brighton, it’s a fair comment that he shouldn’t have been behind James and Azpi.

Azpi is the club captain who has played at a high level for many years and earned his place.

James came off a spell at Wigan where he won Player of the Season and I believe even captained the club.

The experience was with James and Azpi, Lamptey hadn't had really any senior experience.

Huge hindsight is 20/20 talk to say he should've been above them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back