Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He never displayed this level of play at Chelsea is why he wasn't in front of them.

He's gone to another level since the transfer.
Give me a spell.

It’s his 10th game for Brighton and you signed him 9 months ago during which time there’s been a major break. He’s an England youth rep at every level.

He was great in his first few games for you as well. He was clearly this good already at Chelsea and just needed some opportunity.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Give me a spell.

It’s his 10th game for Brighton And you signed him 9 months ago during which time there’s been a major break.

He was great in his first few games for you as well. He was clearly this good at Chelsea and just needed some opportunity.
Maybe. He felt that he wouldn't get many opportunities so opted to seek them elsewhere at another club. Not much we can do about that really.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Give me a spell.

It’s his 10th game for Brighton and you signed him 9 months ago during which time there’s been a major break. He’s an England youth rep at every level.

He was great in his first few games for you as well. He was clearly this good already at Chelsea and just needed some opportunity.
Do you know who's great at Brighton in just his 2nd game? Ben White. Learnt his trade at Brighton only too.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
He was behind Azpi and James, it was the right decision by him.

We have a sell on fee at least.
Azpi is the club captain who has played at a high level for many years and earned his place.

James came off a spell at Wigan where he won Player of the Season and I believe even captained the club.

The experience was with James and Azpi, Lamptey hadn't had really any senior experience.

Huge hindsight is 20/20 talk to say he should've been above them.
You guys have watched Chelsea more than me but from limited amount I’ve seen I dare say Lamptey seems more suited to what Lampard asks than your captain...playing so high up the ground.

Loonerty

Jun 1, 2008
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
You guys have watched Chelsea more than me but from limited amount I’ve seen I dare say Lamptey seems more suited to what Lampard asks than your captain...playing so high up the ground.
Not sure he is quite as good defensively.
He's also playing as a wingback, which is a position Alonso is able to be world class at while also being dogshit in a back four.

Obviously would have been happy for him to stay but if he didn't want to then that's fine too.
This is exactly it.
...so exactly what everyone was saying?

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Give me a spell.

No you misconstrue my post.

I'm not some w***er Leeds fan who thinks their manager magically makes players ten times better than where they came from.

I said we didn't see this level of play coming because he's not showed that level of play before at senior levels.

I'm giving credit to the player.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
How fantastic is Kane's passing range and vision? Not often you can get that sort of creativity from a striker.
Kane could be a world class midfielder if asked to play something like what De Bruyne does for City. Probably won't happen but it would be interesting to see him sit in a deeper role putting Son and Bale through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Camros2

All Australian
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, South Adelaide
How is City allowed to play when Gundogan tested positive for covid today

RPCB

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
So the rule seems to be if Rui Patricia saved that penalty it would have been retaken for coming off his line early. But since it was a goal it wasn’t retaken.

Because of his end product is still hit at miss. He's not too dissimilar to Bolasie.
Pretty much the biggest reason. Fabulous footballer otherwise.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
So the rule seems to be if Rui Patricia saved that penalty it would have been retaken for coming off his line early. But since it was a goal it wasn’t retaken.

Pretty much the biggest reason. Fabulous footballer otherwise.
He's got the pace etc which helps but lacks the smarts as they were just discussing on sky. Coady berating him for basically making an angle behind a city player rather than helping.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I think his foot was on the line when De Bruyne struck it. Only one foot has to be on the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom