EPL Matchday 3

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
To be fair, I felt the defensive first half we played was done fairly well. You know Liverpool is gonna have the lions share of possession and I didn’t feel like every shot was threatening.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Kind of heartening in a way to see that the AFL isn't the only pro football league in the world with farcical umpire / ref interpretations changing from season to season.

The recent penalty handball thing has been really bad but I don't think it compares to the every season rule changes and interpretations in AFL.

There are so many calls in AFL that are subjective and collectively can determine the result.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Another brilliant game by Jack Grealish this morning. Dangerous every time he got the ball and tracked back too. He's better than Foden, Maddison, Oxlade Chamberpot, Mount, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi. England should be building a team round him not just giving him a few minutes at the end of games.
Grealish is good but Foden is different level.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Hit's his shoulder, not his arm. It was fine. Great finish too.
Looks like arm to me

images (5).jpeg

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ehh I thought we were OK value, 2-1 till the 89th minute against a clearly superior team, and not the thumping we have had in the past up there. That isn't the game that is going to define our season, games coming up against Leicester and United will be ones that I will mark our level against, other competitors for top 4. Lacazette needs to bury that 1v1 though. People will point to the fact he did score but he doesn't do enough IMO. Would rather Nketiah who gets around more.

We also desperately need midfield reinforcements, I enjoy El Neny's escapades, but he should not be starting against Liverpool at all.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Are we looking at the same image?

Yes? Are you?

The center of the ball i.e where it physically has to be in contact with Jota is below the sleeve line. So yes, it's a handball.

1601354211911.png

When you watch the live slowmow, it appears to almost touch his wrist before going up his arm, it definitely deviates down low. When I watched it live from the long shot, it looked a handball as well, it bobbles off his forearm which is tight to his thigh and up to his chest/bicep, which is again a handball.

1601354034249.png

Last edited:
Is that only if your arm is by your side? I imagine it wouldn't be for something like it hit Dier's sleeves the way his arms were

No, the definition of arm changed, regardless of posture.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yes? Are you?

The center of the ball i.e where it physically has to be in contact with Jota is below the sleeve line. So yes, it's a handball.

View attachment 973223

When you watch the live slowmow, it appears to almost touch his wrist before going up his arm, it definitely deviates down low. When I watched it live from the long shot, it looked a handball as well, it bobbles off his forearm which is tight to his thigh and up to his chest/bicep, which is again a handball.

View attachment 973222

A better angle for you

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.56.25 pm.png

Back