No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick McGaunes latest article -

Mick McGuane: The reasons behind *'s rise and the challenges still ahead

It's a funny read, no doubt begged by the Chief Footballer writer to pen it - some points and quotes;

If you have a chance and are feeling constipated, read it whilst sitting on the dunny, you'll be cleared out from laughter before you can get to the 2nd paragraph.

ā€œMick McGuane has thoughts. More at 6.ā€

* may not make the 8

From June only game you could pencil in as a win is eagles in melb
Rest are 5050 at best

8000 looking likely
hmm they're currently on 6.5 wins -> need 13 to guarantee most likely a spot in the 8, but with their draw getting another 7 off 14 games is all they have to do;

North - Win
Richmond - Win
Gold Coast (away) - Loss (but who knows with Gold Coast they fade as the season goes on typically)
Carlton - Loss (we'll be the underdog which benefits in these games, get some back from injury... no more injuries)
West Coast - Win - it's in Melbourne they'll kill em
Geelong - Loss (but Geelong are spluttering at present)
Collingwood - 50/50 (see Anzac day)
Melbourne - Loss
Adelaide - Win
StKilda - Win
Freo - Win
Gold Coast - Win (in Melbourne, GC late in season playing away)
Sydney - Loss (but game is in melbourne)
Brisbane - Loss (but Brisbane if not playing finals may tank)

I have 7 highly potential wins, but even if they don't get all those wins statistically speaking it may balance itself out by nabbing those back from expected losses.

I think they'll get at least 6 more wins which may also be enough.

I really don't give a flying fig if * makes finals... It won't detract from the facts that * drugged their players, and that those involved (or their acolytes) still hang around that club. Personally, I think they should be in purgatory, and I don't want to see them in finals... but the fact that their Academy is the 'James Hird Academy', and that Hird could have been in any way a possibility to return to coaching at * before Scott came on board, says something...

Wreck It Ralph: Every AFL clubā€™s most influential figure of the 21st century​

ESSENDON
Kevin Sheedy coached Essendon until 2007 (his 2000 premiership doesnā€™t technically count in this century), returned as a board member and helped create the Dreamtime at the ā€˜G concept, which grows by the year. Yet it is hard to go past James Hird for his impact across this century as a football champion ā€“ seven of his seasons in this century, two of his best and fairests, two All Australians. He was a teen heart-throb, footy megastar, media identity and then a brilliant young coach who was unwittingly dragged into the ASADA scandal by other parties. What could have been for Hird if those influences had not arrived at the club? He was keen to coach Essendon as recently as 18 months ago, but now seems lost to coaching forever.

lol

lol
Perfect encapsulation of how well the public is served by AFL media. Fawning turgid stuff.
Its either
1. Ralph is an imbecile, because there wasn't anything "unwitting" about it. Thompson-Robinson-Dank-Charters-Hird all knew each other
2. Ralph wants clicks, so writes outrageous lies for attention and engagement

Its probably both. If he wanted to really get smart and drive engagement, he could have said Thompson who invited the shit storm in and because of that, they still haven't recovered.

Tigers showed pressure upsets them. Umps saved them with two crucial frees around half time.

lol
Surely has to be Dank... influenced their demise for good chunk of this century. I can already see in about 50 years from now, * will try to re-write history by stating the drug saga was all just a rumour. If you say it enough times, it'll become reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^^^^^

2000 Olympics in Sydney

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back