Toast Essendon Football Club 150 Year Anniversary 1872-2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish I didn’t have to bump this thread right now, but the book that Dan Eddy wrote to go with the documentary about the club history and mark the 150 years anniversary has finally started arriving on the doorsteps of members.

Whilst the 150th anniversary hasn't gone to plan, the 10 year anniversary of injecting our players with banned substances is going about as well as you'd have hoped.

happy birthday GIF

Happy ******* birthday efc 🥴

It is actually a very impressive piece of work. It’s huge, and heavy, bigger than an old encyclopaedia, full of coloured photographs and artefacts.

The last chapter is dedicated to the fans and is full of photos of fans, sans commentary, which is a nice touch.

i received mine last week. have only skimmed over it so far, but it's an impressive tome. my Dad has collected the other notable collections (Flying High, Flighing Higher etc.) and this is the best by far.

would have been nice if they could have executed as well on field this year.

When's the B&F? It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'd be tempted to show a compilation of all the memes, FB posts and piss-taking social media grabs regarding the 'celebration' of EFC's 18th year without a finals win.

Let everyone in the room just dwell on it for a few moments, that this is how the club is perceived by the outside world...a joke. And remind them that this is at a time when the club has more 'marquee' games than ever.

When's the B&F? It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'd be tempted to show a compilation of all the memes, FB posts and piss-taking social media grabs regarding the 'celebration' of EFC's 18th year without a finals win.

Let everyone in the room just dwell on it for a few moments, that this is how the club is perceived by the outside world...a joke. And remind them that this is at a time when the club has more 'marquee' games than ever.
Spot. *******. On.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back