HurlsMeister18

Club Legend
May 9, 2011
Full Back
AFL Club
Essendon
While I am very happy that the club got rid of the drooping sash, don't
get me wrong I don't mind a bit of curve in the sash but the amount
of droop that was creeping in last year was ridiculous.

What I would like to whinge about is how the Sash doesn't join at the bottom. It looks absolutely terrible.:thumbsdown:

The club listened to the supporters and I am thankfull for that, but how hard is it to get a proper sash on the Essendon Jumper.

I was just watching chooseday night footy tonight and Essendon Vs West Coast was on from 2007 and noticed that the sash they had that year is perfect, the sash doesn't droop under the left arm and there is just the right amount of curve throughout the sash and the SASH JOINS at the bottom right hand corner.

I do not want it like Richmond's sash which i think is too thin and to short.

Does anybody else feel this way about our jumper ?

Please Essendon Football Club, JOIN THE SASH.

don't worry about the sash, let's get rid of those red away shorts

I would rather wear the red shorts for our "supposed' clash games than that thick red sash. I can live with the red shorts if it means we dont have to wear a clash jumper which i'm dead against.

But back to my gripe the sash is no longer a sash, it has turned into a stripe.

They have straightened it that much that it looks like it is fatter around the middle of the sash now.
mcveigh_mark_990046_l.jpg

The above photo shows where the sash looks as though it is bulging and is in fact nearly touching the AFL Logo.

They have to put a little bit of a curve in the sash and join it just above the right hand bottom corner of the jumper. I would be happy if they left it this straight but just joined the sash, I mean isn't that how a sash is worn and draped around a person, it's not a stripe.

The photo below is last years jumper and shows a sash with way to much curve (look how far the sash is away from the AFL Logo)
mcveigh-injury-nab-l.jpg

Terrible isnt it ?

But guess what Essendon. If you just made a mostly WHITE clash jersey like every other club then you wouldnt have any of these problems, such as RED Shorts and a stupid think sash jersey.

So WHITE clash jersey = Problem solved

This is all a matter of opinion, personally I love the straight sash. It looks very bold and it really doesn't phase me that it doesn't join at the bottom. If anyone agrees with me about the straight sash but wants it to join... Can't happen! It will add an even bigger angle to the sash and it will be underneath the AFL logo. Keep it as is I say!

Don't get me started on the Essendon clash options though!

But guess what Essendon. If you just made a mostly WHITE clash jersey like every other club then you wouldnt have any of these problems, such as RED Shorts and a stupid think sash jersey.

So WHITE clash jersey = Problem solved

What ??????

I'm complaining about the shape of our sash on our jumper whether it be home or an away jumper, red shorts or clash jumper has nothing to do with my complaint that the SASH SHOULD JOIN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE
JUMPER AND NOT JUST RUN OFF THE JUMPER.

IF we had a clash jumper my complaint would still stand, when we wear red shorts my complaint of the sash still satnds.

The problem with a sash is also jumper sizing - a sash shape that joins up nicely at the hem of a smaller player's jumper will inevitably sit a few inches above the hem of a bigger player's jumper. And you can't just enlarge the sash to get the same start and end location, as the sash would either be thicker or sit at a different angle to the others.

The problem with a sash is also jumper sizing - a sash shape that joins up nicely at the hem of a smaller player's jumper will inevitably sit a few inches above the hem of a bigger player's jumper. And you can't just enlarge the sash to get the same start and end location, as the sash would either be thicker or sit at a different angle to the others.

You can never win :(

Has Essendon ever had a sash since it has been in the competition(1897) that hasn't joined at the bottom ?

To the poster above who said you can never win, we only started whinging in the last two years when the droop in the sash started reaching ridiculous levels and it looked like whoever made the jumper had just done a friday arvo slap up job of the sash. Before that there were never no complaints.

The club in an effort to please the supporter base has over compensated and all im asking is the join the sash(at this stage it is a stripe), most essendon supporters won't mind a bit of a curve or a droop in the sash as long as it's not as pronounced as it was in 2010.

Do other Essendon fans feel the same way about this as me or am I wrong in thinking the jumper could be improved?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Essendon ever had a sash since it has been in the competition(1897) that hasn't joined at the bottom ?

To the poster above who said you can never win, we only started whinging in the last two years when the droop in the sash started reaching ridiculous levels and it looked like whoever made the jumper had just done a friday arvo slap up job of the sash. Before that there were never no complaints.

The club in an effort to please the supporter base has over compensated and all im asking is the join the sash(at this stage it is a stripe), most essendon supporters won't mind a bit of a curve or a droop in the sash as long as it's not as pronounced as it was in 2010.

Do other Essendon fans feel the same way about this as me or am I wrong in thinking the jumper could be improved?
I am a North supporter but I agree with everything said there

Aha at that example, its Miller

Martin is clearly on an angle and side on with the shot. He is pretty much bent along the way of the sash. They curve at the very end slightly. This example shows a bent Martin exaggerating the sash.

For the record: Kooga design sheet for Richmond from early this year + two straight lines...

richmondcurve.gif

Off the top of the head, how many manufacturer design sheets have been exactly what appeared on the field?

By my count it would be very close to none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back