Mega Thread Essendon's punishment - Opinion, theories etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say, * you Essendon, you continue to cast a bad light upon the game by not taking a stupidly easy penalty out of this situation. I almost hope it goes further just so this pathetic club can be destroyed.

Can I just say, **** you Essendon, you continue to cast a bad light upon the game by not taking a stupidly easy penalty out of this situation. I almost hope it goes further just so this pathetic club can be destroyed.
That's a bit too much.
Maybe they should merge with Melbourne & call themselves the Melbourne Demons.

Can I just say, **** you Essendon, you continue to cast a bad light upon the game by not taking a stupidly easy penalty out of this situation. I almost hope it goes further just so this pathetic club can be destroyed.

Stupidly easy penalty? What! We will cop a fair penalty, not something that is made up just for the sake of it. We are getting a fair hearing, deal with it!

If the hearing was fair, you'd be getting stripped of points for more than one season....

So would Adelaide, so would Carlton back in the day...fact is, you can't strip points for numerous seasons. Sure this season, and a fine, that should be plenty. Get on with it. Gosh I will laugh if North make the finals and beat Geelong or Freo lol.

So would Adelaide, so would Carlton back in the day...fact is, you can't strip points for numerous seasons. Sure this season, and a fine, that should be plenty. Get on with it. Gosh I will laugh if North make the finals and beat Geelong or Freo lol.
That's not a fact, it's a perfectly fair punishment.

That's not a fact, it's a perfectly fair punishment.

Then Adelaide and Carlton should have got the same. You either do all of them or none at all. They would have been belted in court if they decided to do that, the AFL know it. What is the big deal, we are out of the finals, how about we all just move on, I know I have.

Then Adelaide and Carlton should have got the same. You either do all of them or none at all. They would have been belted in court if they decided to do that, the AFL know it. What is the big deal, we are out of the finals, how about we all just move on, I know I have.

Fine, strip our points. Take them away for the past 10 years but give our draft picks back.

Still not sure how Adelaide could have had it's points taken away from them when the hearing was after the season.

Not like we had many points to strip, lol.

Fine, strip our points. Take them away for the past 10 years but give our draft picks back.

Still not sure how Adelaide could have had it's points taken away from them when the hearing was after the season.

Then do it for this season, I am so over it already. Get the points so be it, but 2014 we all start fresh and have a season that is free from all this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then do it for this season, I am so over it already. Get the points so be it, but 2014 we all start fresh and have a season that is free from all this!

Give us our draft picks back, I'm sure sando will chuck in this years premiership points. We're not going to make thus finals anyway.

I'm not sure if this has been worked through yet in the thread.

To me the big issue for Essendon is that if the players are banned then they are wide open to being sued. 38 players = about $8-9 mil per year of wages. If it is the standard 2 year ban that = about $17 mil.

If players seek punitive costs etc then it will be in the order of secveral tens of millions of dollars.

Unlikely that all the players will come in, but not beyond belief.

Simply doing the maths on this shows that what the AFL is doing is fairly small bickies compared to what could come if ASADA takes the written and signed evidence on taking AOD and TB4 as proving guilt. Can the EFC take a $50 mil hit? Can the AFL?

This seems crazy, but it is easy maths and follows from how much the players get paid. Food for thought.

There will probably be a class action, the law firms will be falling over themselves to start one if they can against the club, individuals and probably the AFL.

Give us our draft picks back, I'm sure sando will chuck in this years premiership points. We're not going to make thus finals anyway.

Adelaide surely must be hard done by.

The only penalty of note is losing draft picks. Removing staff could be argued as a windfall for Essendon.

Adelaide did a minor thing and seem to get a greater penalty than EFC:rolleyes:

Any penalty fine gets replenished with loans and EFC can't win in 2013 anyway, simply not good enough!!

So the only penalty of any substance is the draft pick losses which is why EFC are fighting it because they must want to get away scot free it seems without any real penalty at all!!!:cool:

Not if players also get banned by ASADA, then the law suits will last for 10 years. Lets not mention if a player health is affected by the substances injected, or if one of their partners pregnancies goes wrong... This will be the gift that keeps on giving.

Adelaide surely must be hard done by.

The only penalty of note is draft picks. Removing staff could be argued as a windfall for Essendon.

Adelaide did a minor thing and seem to get a greater penalty than EFC:rolleyes:

Any penalty gets replenished with loans and EFC can't win in 2013 anyway, simply not good enough!!

So the only penalty of any substance is the draft pick losses which is why EFC are fighting it because they must want to get away scot free it seems without any real penalty!!!:cool:

If Essendon don't lose draft picks, I wonder what the ramifications will be.

I'm sure Carlton won't be happy and the crows won't be happy.

But knowing the AFL - they won't care about anyone else.

Could the AFL make some of their punishments conditional?

ie. $4 million fine, $2 million suspended, but if any players are given infraction notices by ASADA then they have to pay the suspended $2 million.

I think that it would be best to separate things.

Essendon ****ed up with governance, duty of care etc. They should be punished for that now. If infraction notices are given by ASADA then there will be an entire truckload of charges added on separately. Heck, they will be temporarily banned from the league so a couple of extra million seems insignificant.

Firstly we were being told by multiple Bombers fans that the AFL couldn't take any points and that you were going to play finals.

Good grief.

I'm not sure I'd be laughing about anything footy related if I was a Bombers fan.

who is this cerebus ******* idiot essendon supporters keep quoting?, does this basement dweller get off pretending to be like the illusive man from mass effect and having the cult lap it up? almost as embarrassing as demon's ceos codenaming their "covert" tanking operations with "the vault".

I'm done with AFL. Their handling of this has been atrocious, their constant leaks have caused far far more damage to the game than Essendon has. Certain journalists sensationalising the whole saga to the maximum degree possible.

I'm just as disappointed in the football public also with sentiments like "oh just accept the punishment already" as if bring charged with something = immediate guilt.

Will not renew my membership next year. Will not go to any games. The only thing that hurts me is the inevitable Caro article blaming the club for that when really it's her who has completely drained my enjoyment for this sport with her blood thirsty journalistic style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back