Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard on ABC interview with Sam Mitchell. He was an ardent Saints supporter which I did not know.

Know that does not mean a lot but we as Saints fans use hope to help us breathe thru the tough times.

Would reckon Mitchell as assistant coach in waiting for the big gig could be excellent or lead to a very icy coaches box. Surely Richo has one year and goneski unless we play finals.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I had heard this, but also that he tried out with us and was rejected as a youngster before getting his chance with Box Hill and Hawthorn. May or may not be true but the impression was that might have left him a little bitter about the Saints. More third hand rumour than verified fact.

We can't sack every coach this year, particular if the coaches available aren't better then the ones we have.

Smart play would be to do it over 2 years.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ratten, Caracella and Mitchell for Gilbee, McPhee and Welsh would be a nice little changeover.

So reported today that Rattan is leaving the Hawks for another club at years end.

Surely we’ve gone after him? Cannot buy ( well you literally can ) that type of coaching experience. Senior coach in own right and winning a final, 6 years under Clarko with 3 flags.. Want badly.

Get it done Mikka.

Offer him lifetime drink cards...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that they really got to the core of the issues, if they do.

feels like the leadership i.e. the senior coach and two most senior coaches stay, whilst those below them are moved on.

Not so sure about that , listen carefully to podcast Lethlean says our football department will be given
opportunity to look around might be mutual .

Heard no word from Caracella camp about next year have we.

Mitchell says he wants to wait till after finals , probably Harvey , Hayes , Solomon ,O’Keefe.
are of similar thought too.

I don’t see how he could fit in with sexton and Kingsley still there. He’d be taking a demotion to get to a smaller and lower team. Why would he...
Assistants can still leave. Either told and not announced yet or squeezed out based on new performance targets etc.
Just my opinion but I think a lot of movement can still happen.
Hell, Sexton could be demoted and still have a job as an example.

Ratts is exactly the sort we need.
Senior coach experience, finals, premierships, tactician etc etc

IMHO Ratten ticks all the boxes. He has been a coach in his own right. Took Carlton to the finals after years in the wilderness. Was sacked because the board thought another coach could take the team to a premiership. We all know how that turned out. Malthouse was a disaster. He has been an assistant to Clarkson and would bring with him intel from a powerhouse team. All upside as far as I am concerned

Assistants can still leave. Either told and not announced yet or squeezed out based on new performance targets etc.
Just my opinion but I think a lot of movement can still happen.
Hell, Sexton could be demoted and still have a job as an example.

Ratts is exactly the sort we need.
Senior coach experience, finals, premierships, tactician etc etc
Why would we announce 3 and not others. Don’t get me wrong I’d love it to be true, but I just don’t see it.

Why would we announce 3 and not others. Don’t get me wrong I’d love it to be true, but I just don’t see it.
I see it as some advised to consider their options in case we land senior coaching staff.
Hedging bets if you like. Don't get Ratts, Caracella etc then we don't look like complete fools cos we still have assistant coaches.

If we got Ratts and Caracella there would be another 3 or 4 leave of their own accord IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back