FTA-TV F is for Family- Netflix

Remove this Banner Ad

I love this show. It's got a bit more heart than I would have expected from Burr's stand
up stuff.

Also got probably the best opening credit sequence of any cartoon show I can think of. In 30 secs it manages to poignantly capture the way life can get away from you in the blink of an eye.

My fave ep was when they got the new colour tv and the kids broke it

The 70’s was the edge of the era of mass consumerism and those Parents (mine) were scarred by their Parents (my grand parents) who scraped through the Depression and money and goods were to be bought and used with utmost care. Therefore breaking new things, losing new things, losing or wasting money was catastrophic and typically a yelling at or the wooden spoon happened.

Good times!

My fave ep was when they got the new colour tv and the kids broke it

The 70’s was the edge of the era of mass consumerism and those Parents (mine) were scarred by their Parents (my grand parents) who scraped through the Depression and money and goods were to be bought and used with utmost care. Therefore breaking new things, losing new things, losing or wasting money was catastrophic and typically a yelling at or the wooden spoon happened.

Good times!

Yeah I grew up in the 80's, but still, that ep reminded me of my Dad a little.

I remember my Mum taking me aside one day when I was a kid and explaining that the reason my Dad got so upset when we broke stuff was because he was one of 10 kids and never got to have anything of his own when he was younger.

Yeah I grew up in the 80's, but still, that ep reminded me of my Dad a little.

I remember my Mum taking me aside one day when I was a kid and explaining that the reason my Dad got so upset when we broke stuff was because he was one of 10 kids and never got to have anything of his own when he was younger.

It’s interesting looking back as an Adult

As a kid you just don’t get it

I only just started watching it and flying through it.

The fourth series has been a bit and miss so far but I guess builds on the characters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back