Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, two weeks ago having clocked 797 hours and nearing the finish of Far Harbour's MQ, I just...stopped playing. I'm all fallouted out. The urge is gone, Skyrim is beckoning hard, I need TES 6 now
How does one clock up that many hours? Multiple play throughs?

Well, FO3 was going alright for me on Win 7 after I did the ini. change for multi core, but after upgrading to win 10 it crashes reliably a moment after loading. I haven't bothered to investigate yet
You can add code to bring it back to two

Dual Core processors instead of Quad

It worked for me when I had these issues

Yes, that was what I meant in my former post about changing the ini. file. I have already done that. Except you wrote 'back to 2', the game originally recognised only one core, you have to limit it to 2. That was how I was able to run it on Win 7 64 bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 60 hours, I think Ill just rebutt my previous post.

1. FO4 is more combat based. I recall being able to resolve some things in FO3/NV without guns. This seems to be gone in FO4.
Ive been solving a fair few missions without violence. Ive pumped a few points into my charisma and managed to find peaceful solutions.

The gun play itself feels really, really good. Shooting feels spot on. Massive improvement. I think a lot of people mistake better shooting mechanics for 'turning into COD'.

2. I recall more humour and absurdity in FO3/NV. Like the lil stabber mini game or the Elvis impersonator factions. Does humour play a role in FO4?
A few side missions (Silver shroud) have brought this in. Nice.

3. The special tree in FO4 has been simplified, which wasnt a bad thing on the face of it. But it seems to have taken out some fun stuff. In NV, you could increase skills (as distinct from the SPECIAL tree) by doing stuff. For example I could pick some difficult locks or nail some tough dialogue choices while being at a low overall level because I had worked at those particular skills. Now I noticed some of those tasks are locked off because I havent pumped skill points into it. It just seems more orthodox like a Far Cry type of series and stripping away some of the RPG stuff.
The more perks I get, the more the RPG shines through. I've forgotten the intricacies of previous FO perk systems, but at this stage it feels simpler wthout losing anything,

4. Why is karma gone? It had some nice effects.
Shame it's gone.

This game has sunk its tentacles deep into my soul. The stories keep me going till 4am. I havent touched a main quest for days. Th world is deep and engaging. Brilliant game.

I finally finding time to start playing this game. I keep on finding that I go and clear a location of enemies just to go back to collect everything not nailed down to take to Sanctuary to scrap. Oddly I keep on running out of wood which is supposed to be the most common substance. Probably because I built a massive wall around Sanctuary.

I finally finding time to start playing this game. I keep on finding that I go and clear a location of enemies just to go back to collect everything not nailed down to take to Sanctuary to scrap. Oddly I keep on running out of wood which is supposed to be the most common substance. Probably because I built a massive wall around Sanctuary.

You only need to put a gate/fence on the bridge and at the back entrance. The creek acts as a moat.

I don't have the patience to build huge city like settlements. I've tried but everything ends up over the place. Plus while I was in Far Harbor, a bunch of my settlements went from 9/10 settlers to 18/19. Learned to turn off the recruitment beacon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back