Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have the patience to build huge city like settlements. I've tried but everything ends up over the place. Plus while I was in Far Harbor, a bunch of my settlements went from 9/10 settlers to 18/19. Learned to turn off the recruitment beacon.

having trouble warming to the settlement stuff. in a world supposedly full of choices and amazing things to do, roofs can only be built on one side of a wall.
i have the patience to build settlements, but why bother? not in the practice of taking screenshots to impress my 14 year old friends.
had one laboured playthrough of this game and it's hard work on my next one as well.

There are a shitload of amazing stories buried in this game. Read the text logs and pay attention to the environment.
If you pay attention to detail there is a lot of interesting detail to the evironment. I was scavaging an electronics store and there was a sign outside the bathroom saying "employees must wash hands" and when you go into the bathroom there are left hand and right hand bones in the sink.

There is also a lot of details which are interesting but makes me wonder if there's a story behind it.

For some reason there are a lot feral ghouls south of Lexington with names like Mr & Mrs Magner or Mr & Mrs Richards (not sure of actual names but you get the idea). I couldn't find a reason why these ghouls have names but makes me wonder what their story is.

Another area which I found interesting is in a building of the town you rescue Preston Garvey. Inside the building there is a Skeleton in the bathtub surrounded by by manikins with machetes and another skeleton in bed next to another manikin. It makes you wonder what happened there. I imagine that there were two isolated survivors and one of them slowly goes insane believing the manikins are real people and eventually murders the other survivor.

There's certainly a lot of material in the Fallout world for people who want to write fan fiction.

For some reason there are a lot feral ghouls south of Lexington with names like Mr & Mrs Magner or Mr & Mrs Richards (not sure of actual names but you get the idea). I couldn't find a reason why these ghouls have names but makes me wonder what their story is.

Often with stuff like that there is a quest attached to it, but you often stumble across the quest objective (ie the ghouls in this case) before actually getting the quest from an NPC.

Lots of good Teddy bear scenes in F4 as well. I liked the one in the subway where one is dressed as a doctor doing surgery on another bear

I wish there were differing Raider factions.....the New Vegas Powder Gang vs Megaton was super cool how you could decide which faction to be a part of. Also wish that Raiders didnt just automatically try n kill you - no dialogue options at all. Minor things I know, but would make the environment and people living within it a lot more believable.

If you pay attention to detail there is a lot of interesting detail to the evironment. I was scavaging an electronics store and there was a sign outside the bathroom saying "employees must wash hands" and when you go into the bathroom there are left hand and right hand bones in the sink.

There is also a lot of details which are interesting but makes me wonder if there's a story behind it.

Another area which I found interesting is in a building of the town you rescue Preston Garvey. Inside the building there is a Skeleton in the bathtub surrounded by by manikins with machetes and another skeleton in bed next to another manikin. It makes you wonder what happened there. I imagine that there were two isolated survivors and one of them slowly goes insane believing the manikins are real people and eventually murders the other survivor.

There's certainly a lot of material in the Fallout world for people who want to write fan fiction.
Yep there is a bloke on YT that tells the stories of some of these places. He does an amazing job.

Here is one example.

I found a really interesting story in the glowing sea. It wasnt a side quest or anything, just a couple of things which added to the environment.

Oh and Mysterious Stranger perk FTW (I dont want to know who he actually is though)

How many hours have you done funky? I got through about 110 or so before cracking it.

By comparison, my first Skyrim stretch was about 180; I returend for 40-odd across the DLC which I never finished.

Can't see myself nearing 200+ with this when I inevitably return.
Im up to 120. Im just ticking off a checklist of locations before starting the DLC.

I love it, but the RPG stuff seems limited. I hate the idea of walking up to a place and knowing it will just be another firefight. This may be nostalgia, but I remember having more options in the F3 and FNV.

I find it amazing that there was an entire genre of music about the nuclear apocalypse.

Just on the RPG stuff; I know continuing the Skyrim comparison is not very fair as they are different games, but part of the extra time I spent there was building up skill at all the weapons; there was such a variety of attacking options and I was determined to max everything - one handed, two handed, the magics etc - out.

What that meant is that the experience changed a lot as you played in different ways.

With Fallout 4 (and I really did like the game) I rememer finding one good rifle early on, upgrading the s**t out of it, and... that was it. It's all I used for 100 hours. There was no incentive for me to get good at lasers or whatever - in fact I would have has to spend points on it, points I wanted to spend on luck skills and s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys in preparation for the Nuka World DLC coming up I've started a playthrough on my Lets Play channel, the game audio when I'm talking should be fixed in the next part was just a setting error on my part :)

For those who have played the Far Harbour DLC, Bethesda have implanted the worst, most out of place quest in any video game ever.

It's a mixture of one of the worst Portal puzzles that was left on the cutting room floor and Lemmings.

Im keen to see the ending of this awesome DLC and this stopped me dead for about 2 hours.

For those who have played the Far Harbour DLC, Bethesda have implanted the worst, most out of place quest in any video game ever.

It's a mixture of one of the worst Portal puzzles that was left on the cutting room floor and Lemmings.

Im keen to see the ending of this awesome DLC and this stopped me dead for about 2 hours.

Haha, yeah. I remember thinking why was this happening in Fallout, I was doing it whilst in a party chat with Igloo. The frustrations were real.

Didnt think the mini game was that bad....but yah....definite momentum killer...

The Far Harbour DLC was classic Fallout. Up there with the best DLC Ive played.

The dialogue felt more impactful, although still only tied to the charisma tree. I sided with the Children of Atom. A weird, ****ed up radiation worshipping cult. Sort of like Trump supporters.

I elected to let the radioactive fog cover the normal (by comparison) residents of Far Habour and thereby bringing in all the creatures. Id spent 15 hours doing quests for them. After I got them killed, a little miscellaneous quest popped up to 'See the destruction in Far Harbour'. I went to do it, and I saw the desecrated corpses of my former friends being flung around by super rad lobsters, or whatever they are. There is one quest giver named the Mariner and you really get to know her. She tells you about her terminal illness and you give her advice about how she should spend her last days.

I noticed a giant fog crawler was killing her. it wasn't a cut scene. I just happened to see her. Then I found her corpse later on. I definitely felt like a prick.

yes, just hit this, its killing me, 3 to go

That was horrible. Took me weeks to complete just that quest as I would play it and then after 10 minutes turn it off due to my hate for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back