Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

both :)

Is there one that gets rid of the build limit without having to drop stuff everywhere?

I think there's a mod to delete hight limits on PS4, but that comes with a warning that it might cause negative effects if you use it too much in too many places. I run one that expands settlement borders and that seems to be okay. Hangman's Alley and that room in Diamond City are the only one unaffected, the rest of the borders expand a good bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's a mod to delete hight limits on PS4, but that comes with a warning that it might cause negative effects if you use it too much in too many places. I run one that expands settlement borders and that seems to be okay. Hangman's Alley and that room in Diamond City are the only one unaffected, the rest of the borders expand a good bit.
As long as you can do the drive-in, that's pretty much all that matters.

Fallout 4’s RPG elements are understated, this video helps prove the point.

He spends a significant time kicking the other games in order to promote F4, though. If it was that good, it wouldn't need to do that.

I've spent shitloads of time in F4, with a variety of characters. The problem he fails to enunciate is that there's a difference between build variety (which fallout 4 has in abundance) and in role play variety (which fallout 4 doesn't have, at all). RPG's have generally had both, but he's focused entirely on the build variety side of it, and has used that to belt the older games and NV.

And his statements about the Brotherhood of Steel in F4 kind of put this into focus. He heaps praise on their characterization of them, despite the fact that their characterization of them in F4 is completely different (even to the point of breaking the suspension of disbelief for those who know what the Brotherhood are meant to be like) to previous versions of the game. He likes how they can be almost companions in encounters in the world, and you'll see vertibirds in the wasteland after the arrival of the Prydwen, and how that's integrated into the main quest, but that ignores the fact that the Brotherhood is not that bombastic, that simple monsterhunting is not part of their goals or their lore, that pacifying the Commonwealth is not what would appeal to them. They'd kill everything there, to take their tech; that's how the Brotherhood of Steel works. The fact that they're added to a series of random encounters in the world isn't to the story's benefit, it's to their detriment.

Simply put, if you think Borderlands is a good RPG, then you're going to agree with him when it comes to Fallout 4. If you think Morrowind/Pillars of Eternity/Fallouts 1 & 2 is a good RPG, then you're simply not.

Last edited:
He spends a significant time kicking the other games in order to promote F4, though. If it was that good, it wouldn't need to do that.

I've spent shitloads of time in F4, with a variety of characters. The problem he fails to enunciate is that there's a difference between build variety (which fallout 4 has in abundance) and in role play variety (which fallout 4 doesn't have, at all). RPG's have generally had both, but he's focused entirely on the build variety side of it, and has used that to belt the older games and NV.

And his statements about the Brotherhood of Steel in F4 kind of put this into focus. He heaps praise on their characterization of them, despite the fact that their characterization of them in F4 is completely different (even to the point of breaking the suspension of disbelief for those who know what the Brotherhood are meant to be like) to previous versions of the game. He likes how they can be almost companions in encounters in the world, and you'll see vertibirds in the wasteland after the arrival of the Prydwen, and how that's integrated into the main quest, but that ignores the fact that the Brotherhood is not that bombastic, that simple monsterhunting is not part of their goals or their lore, that pacifying the Commonwealth is not what would appeal to them. They'd kill everything there, to take their tech; that's how the Brotherhood of Steel works. The fact that they're added to a series of random encounters in the world isn't to the story's benefit, it's to their detriment.

Simply put, if you think Borderlands is a good RPG, then you're going to agree with him when it comes to Fallout 4. If you think Morrowind/Pillars of Eternity/Fallouts 1 & 2 is a good RPG, then you're simply not.
I suggest you watch his part 2 aswell where he goes on about where the RPG elements fail. Part 1 is him being generous and part 2 is a lot more critical

I suggest you watch his part 2 aswell where he goes on about where the RPG elements fail. Part 1 is him being generous and part 2 is a lot more critical
I didn't have time yesterday to watch part 2, but I have now. It doesn't really change what I think.

His argument in part 2 is that the early game is extremely weak compared to the mid to late game, but that doesn't really hold up when you consider that a) he doesn't like the minuteman content until the final mission (or if you're playing on survival mode, which gives the additional settlements added value) and b) he doesn't like the institute at all. That's 2 of the 3 main quest factions that have either inconsistent narrative problems or s**t content until late game.

I agree with him that Far Harbour is - by far - the best content in the game if you're looking at the game Fallout 4 should've been, but to gate the best part of the game as DLC is not to the game's favour, either.

The way you 'find the fun' in Fallout 4 is to ignore the quests, and to play the game as you would Borderlands or Diablo or Minecraft; you embrace the loot, build your character how you want it to look, and you journey out in search of experience and more loot. And that's fun. But it's not a Fallout game.

RPG's are pretty thin on the floor these days. Reducing one of the icons of the genre to a loot shooter with base crafting and build variety isn't really a good thing to do to the people who want to play a modern version of Morrowind again, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate again.

I guess my advantage was that it was my first Fallout game so I didn't know any better and thought that the story was only there because they felt that they had to have one despite the game clearly being about building settlements and collecting sets of power armor to display in your big power armor museum

I guess my advantage was that it was my first Fallout game so I didn't know any better and thought that the story was only there because they felt that they had to have one despite the game clearly being about building settlements and collecting sets of power armor to display in your big power armor museum
F4 was the first one I played but my first experience was watching my cousin play New Vegas. The impression I got from watching him is that it’s a game where you walk around a wasteland filled with dangerous animals and visit towns with interesting characters. Doing your best to survive in a cool unique setting different to any other franchise. The RPG element never crossed my mind watching and I only really got around to understanding the RPG elements until I played the game myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back