Multiplat Fallout 76

Remove this Banner Ad

New fallout like game as part of gamepass... or spend more money on this s**t. Hmmm

It's not even a bad game, fairly enjoyable with a mate. It's just once you have nothing to do it's boring. The big update to add human NPCs and more missions etc was due out this year, now it's pushed out until next year which means they don't even have an incentive for us to pay for the premium service.

It's not even a bad game, fairly enjoyable with a mate. It's just once you have nothing to do it's boring. The big update to add human NPCs and more missions etc was due out this year, now it's pushed out until next year which means they don't even have an incentive for us to pay for the premium service.

Didn't really sell it Pants... every game is better in co-op ;)

As to the main game, I never finished it got bored story just wasn't that compelling

Do Bethesda have any stake in Outer Worlds at all? Seems to be an all too-conveniently timed bad PR release/f**k up. Either that, or they realised last minute that OW was releasing, tried to rush some crappy release before them, and it's turned into an absolute mess. Still makes me laugh seeing people jump onto the Fallout fan pages on facebook and stick up for the decision.

Seems to be the same kind of thing The Elder Scrolls Online has in ESO Plus. Unlimited craft bag, additional credits to use in the online store each month. I've never shelled out for it and it's definitely not a necessity in ESO. Occasionaly they'll do a week or so of free ESO plus for us Tightarse Terry types that shunt all the stockpiled crafting material from all 8 characters you can get into the craft bag so it's good in that way.

Wonder if they'll do the same here?

Still haven't bought FO 76.

So my Mrs got this for free with her PS Slim.

Left it on the shelf for a few months as I'm not a huge fan of online games and I love FO1, FO2, FONV and like FO3 and FO4. So, the s**t i'd been hearing about what this game was/is had kept me away. No interest in playing it. Until...I was extremely bored last week and got NBN finally so decided to install it's 75GB patch and give it a run.

I am so surprised by how much I love it. I find Bethesda to be so terrible at writing story and character - yet they're amazing at world building and lore. So this is the perfect world for them - no main story; fewer NPC. Pretty much a survival game set in the world of Fallout. I turned the music off, chucked in big headphones and immersed myself in the world. Scavenge, survive, build and learn about the world. I love it. I'd rather this than Bethesda's half arsed attempts and an RPG, and their dull stories with the complexity a 5 year old would create.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been playing for a month now and I don't mind it. I'm mid 20's level wise and I must admit I've had a few moments where I didn't know what to do as there were no quests around and I wasn't strong enough for the main quest, but a friend that I made get it at the same time helped me through the main quest and got me started again.

I can see growing tired of it shortly, and man does the Camp building frustrate the hell out of me. Had to rebuild twice cause it forced me to move and wouldn't let me replace it. Wasted so many caps moving my camp.

I just jump to another server when that happens.
Yeah I have no issues doing that too but when I have a mate on the server that it won't let me place camp on it's annoying. When it happened at it's worst I spent about three hours trying to find a new spot and then trying to place the camp. Kept giving me the "You need support" error when I was placing the main blueprint. I even tried on a completely flat section below the golf club towards the south end of the map. Just had to scrap it and rebuild in the end.

I have since told said mate if it won't let me place my camp I'm finding a different world. He can get rooted.

Yeah I have no issues doing that too but when I have a mate on the server that it won't let me place camp on it's annoying. When it happened at it's worst I spent about three hours trying to find a new spot and then trying to place the camp. Kept giving me the "You need support" error when I was placing the main blueprint. I even tried on a completely flat section below the golf club towards the south end of the map. Just had to scrap it and rebuild in the end.

I have since told said mate if it won't let me place my camp I'm finding a different world. He can get rooted.
That's what I do, if they don't like it too bad. My house is much too important.

I was just told that there is a $90 add on that lets you play in a world free of other players. Im sure this info is at least somewhat embellished. Because it sounds like they're charging users an extra hunge to play a single player game.

They are offering a priority service which is a monthly sub.

Around Whitesprings is the worst. I found a spot near the Uranium Fever event. Even if I don't partake I still get the rewards lmao.

Good foot traffic for my vending machine too.

What platform will people be playing on? I don't mind paying for that dumb subscription service and getting a private server when that content drops. Xbox or PC though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back