Roast Fans getting Warnings and Booted for Being too Loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Things tipping too far towards the politically correct at the moment. It would be great to see stats on the number of people kicked out and for what reason. AFL in panic control after Goodes movie I think. Perhaps it is a media beat up though, but when people get booted fir cheering too loudly, you have to wonder.

Guy near me got the Boot for Same Reason.

IF fans want quiet then they should stay home

I wonder whether this was the same guy?

Four police came to speak to the guy in front of me M22 Row HH (2nd quarter), I was really surprised to see the police. The guy was an avid Pie supporter but apart from being enthusiastic and cheering loudly couldn't understand why the police were there. He didn't use bad language, didn't rubbish the umpires nor opposition, just cheering the team and in fact was quite funny. A minute into the first quarter we received a free kick (kick out from the Melb point) and he yelled out, 'about time you paid a free kick, they have been doing that all day'. He had nicknames for every player, Czech Republic for Mihocek, Mr Good looking for Mayne, Socks for Phillips (have no idea why) and so on.

All of us near him questioned the police why they were there as we didn't see/hear any anti-social behaviour but they ignored us and just asked him to tone it down. I was really annoyed as they were also obstructing the game so I told one of them to crouch down as I couldn't see the game.

I wonder whether this was the same guy?

Four police came to speak to the guy in front of me M22 Row HH (2nd quarter), I was really surprised to see the police. The guy was an avid Pie supporter but apart from being enthusiastic and cheering loudly couldn't understand why the police were there. He didn't use bad language, didn't rubbish the umpires nor opposition, just cheering the team and in fact was quite funny. A minute into the first quarter we received a free kick (kick out from the Melb point) and he yelled out, 'about time you paid a free kick, they have been doing that all day'. He had nicknames for every player, Czech Republic for Mihocek, Mr Good looking for Mayne, Socks for Phillips (have no idea why) and so on.

All of us near him questioned the police why they were there as we didn't see/hear any anti-social behaviour but they ignored us and just asked him to tone it down. I was really annoyed as they were also obstructing the game so I told one of them to crouch down as I couldn't see the game.

They probably saw his behaviour on the crowd cameras and guessed that he was being anti-social.

#bravenewworld
#policestate

They probably saw his behaviour on the crowd cameras and guessed that he was being anti-social.

#bravenewworld
#policestate
I actually think it may have been some Melbourne supporters on the opposite aisle as they kept on looking around as if waiting for someone to turn up.

He wasn't jumping out of his seat except after a goal. He really was pretty harmless compared to some I have sat next to. Loud yes, obnoxious no.

Didn't see the lead up, but 4-6 cops and 2 security were standing around a clearly disabled bloke who'd they'd made sit on the ground in the middle of the walkway under the Ponsford at three quarter time. Not saying the bloke did/didn't do anything that warranted their attention, but it wasn't a good look. At the very least they should have sat him against a wall, so it was more discrete and dignified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is ‘anti-social’ behaviour? I’m the first to criticise racial slurs and violent or threatening language at the footy.

But loud, raucous, one-sided barracking - come on AFL, it’s part of the game. It’s often funny. And footy crowds are great at self-regulating this stuff. The ‘sit down and shut up you idiot’ approach works more often than not.

Further to what I saw, a woman came up to him at half time and asked whether he will be willing to talk to the Sun newspaper so will be interesting to see if it is reported in the media.

Now you can see why I have Melbourne as my most disliked team, their supporters are sooks.

I guess they're stuck between a rock and a hard place if they have received a complaint. And who knows if the reporting parties have put a bit of mayo on their description of the 'anti-social behaviour'. Without being a witness it sounds like some soft Melbourne supporters have just ruined a passionate Pie fan's day. In fact a person who seems to have been adding to the atmosphere and enjoyment of the game for the Collingwood supporters around him.

This is the reason I enjoy going to the VFL more than the AFL.

The world has gone mad.

What is ‘anti-social’ behaviour? I’m the first to criticise racial slurs and violent or threatening language at the footy.

But loud, raucous, one-sided barracking - come on AFL, it’s part of the game. It’s often funny. And footy crowds are great at self-regulating this stuff. The ‘sit down and shut up you idiot’ approach works more often than not.
Here farking here.

People need to toughen up. There's a huge amount of people who can't handle their team LOSING and God forbid the opposition supporters support their team as loud as they want. I mean real sore losers. My partner had someone ask him for a bit of quiet time at the football, he told her to go home and watch it on tv if she wants quiet time. He was just passionately supporting his team at the footy and that person's team was getting smashed.

People have been calling security because they just cannot handle losing for a while now and it's a joke. Fair enough no one needs to swear or say racist things and if they do they should be called out straight away, but for getting excited about your team and having a bit of harmless banter for fun, isn't that what footy is all about??

It's all getting beyond a joke.

We had these melbourne women behind us, my brother was loving it as he was just saying silly stuff all day, like "kick it for him umpire" or "that's your goal umpire" Everytime they kicked a goal from a free kick. They were salty as all game and it was quite funny to listen to.

Funny enough they were quiet at the end. And quick to leave. I heard one say something about security and I though you have got to be joking, you have been giving it back all game .Isnt that the fun of our game?? Why do people have to be such sore losers?? It's not nice to lose, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back