Roast Fans getting Warnings and Booted for Being too Loud

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
The game is turning into...................................................................

golf
1560246161139.png

I answered that in the previous post.

Its suddenly off the charts this season though.

(not related to the documentary per se, it was already well in train before the doco came out)

Ok Timmy from Thomastown
I come from a different time and recall my Late Grandfather and Uncle describing the VFA games they went to.

Known individual?
I think, as these are reserved seats, that the crowd around him would have moderated his behaviour over the last how many years he has been there.
And the fact that others in the vicinity come to his defence tells me that he is only known for being passionate.
Different seats every year but these seats are 6 gamers and he has been there four times mostly with his two boys but they weren't there this time.

I suspect that too just due to the fact that it was the police who came out to him and not the security folk.
Because Maggie5 witnessed it I don't think that anything that deserved the warning happened but I wonder if he is a "known" individual.
Wouldn't think so and he is not a drinker either - like me, bottled water and coffee.

He is just very enthusiastic and applauds every goal and Degoey, Stepho and Mayne seem to be his favourites so everytime they go near the ball, cheers.

Although he does have a lot of Tatts even on his scalp :D which I can't help but notice since he sits right in front of me.

Can absolutely attest that he did nothing wrong but cheer loudly unlike at the Geelong game, some Geelong supporters were pi$$ed by quarter time and kept on getting more not at the breaks but during the game. So were up and down obscuring the game.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok Timmy from Thomastown
I come from a different time and recall my Late Grandfather and Uncle describing the VFA games they went to.

So do I but not sure of your point. I think we all know times have changed. But by any standards its way too far to stop somebody from being too loud at the football.

Different seats every year but these seats are 6 gamers and he has been there four times mostly with his two boys but they weren't there this time.

Wouldn't think so and he is not a drinker either - like me, bottled water and coffee.

He is just very enthusiastic and applauds every goal and Degoey, Stepho and Mayne seem to be his favourites so everytime they go near the ball, cheers.

Although he does have a lot of Tatts even on his scalp :D which I can't help but notice since he sits right in front of me.

Can absolutely attest that he did nothing wrong but cheer loudly unlike at the Geelong game, some Geelong supporters were pi$$ed by quarter time and kept on getting more not at the breaks but during the game. So were up and down obscuring the game.
Do you know the two elderly ladies that also sit behind him?

So do I but not sure of your point. I think we all know times have changed. But by any standards its way too far to stop somebody from being too loud at the football.
Timmy from Thomastown
Yeah I am really not sure as to what comes next.
What I would like to see is all Big Footy supporters have some kind of protest and sit silent for the 1st Quarter?
I have no answer but the AFL has lost the plot.
Constant rule changes etc have destroyed a game I love.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Imagine going to the Maracana in Brazil re.. they play the bongo drums and do the samba dance and s**t in the crowd.. telling a supporter to.. 'excuse me kind madam or sir.. can you please refrain from banging on that drum if you don't mind'.. you'd cop the biggest drum stick to the head in response re.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Going to the football will soon be like going to church, a library or a funeral.
But what about when the librarian is Heath Shaw?

(For those missing the subtlety, think about it.
Like a librarian.)

Imagine going to the Maracana in Brazil re.. they play the bongo drums and do the samba dance and **** in the crowd.. telling a supporter to.. 'excuse me kind madam or sir.. can you please refrain from banging on that drum if you don't mind'.. you'd cop the biggest drum stick to the head in response re.

and Fans shoot at each other

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
According to The Age, the Carlton fan who claimed he was kicked out of the MCG because he called the umpire a 'bald-headed flog' was instead booted out because he had run screaming and waving his arms from two bays away and "spooked" the umpire.

Now I'll concede that this bloke has a frightening looking head, but geez, really?

According to The Age, the Carlton fan who claimed he was kicked out of the MCG because he called the umpire a 'bald-headed flog' was instead booted out because he had run screaming and waving his arms from two bays away and "spooked" the umpire.

Now I'll concede that this bloke has a frightening looking head, but geez, really?

Well that is a Bit Stupid but Still not Kick Out Worthy

Hi, I come in peace.

I heard that story and I was thinking there was more to it, but the more I read, it seems like there isn’t.

I’m not a loud supporter by any means, but supporters like the Pies fan that was booted out are part of what makes games worth going to. I ******* love the atmosphere at games, but it seems it is slowly being ruined for us.

I’m afraid the AFL is trying to turn the game into tennis where you can only clap in between plays.

Will boycott games if it continues the way it is.
Hi. Are you lost? :p

JC83

Senior List
May 6, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
After the Jeremy Howe non-mark call a pies supporter ran down the steps to the fence and lost the plot at the umps, waving arms and yelling. A little while later security walked him out from his seat. This would have been in the bay next to me so M31. Not sure if there was more to it as to why he was asked to leave but in all seriousness much of this would be avoided if the AFL just get it right, umpiring standards have been well below acceptable levels all year with some shocking inconsistencies, not to mention the goal review system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back