Roast Fans getting Warnings and Booted for Being too Loud

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just shows they only care about $$$$$ and Foreign Labour is the Cheapest

There aren't too many employers I can think of who don't aim to keep wages down and profits up.

He will need a good spin to tell us nothing has happened and that meeting was about nothing. I suspect we are seeing the very start of the Gil death spin. Awesome if that is so because outside of some ignorant pc agenda they dont seem to have a lot of direction.

In my opinion, all sides of this overblown mosquito are PC groups telling people what they can and can't say or think.
Look at the Ablett booing, which I view as being the forerunner of this fiasco.

PC group 1 boos Ablett because he liked a facebook post.
PC group 2 says booing is completely inappropriate.
PC group 3 boos Ablett because they say it's inappropriate to say that booing is inappropriate.
It's ridiculous that one side of the whole argument over political correctness are denouncing the other side as being politically correct, when their view is simply a different version of what is politically correct.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is the whole student visa/cheap wages thing even a thing anymore? I thought that was closed down after the 7/11 rip offs?

Doesn't mean employers feel any need to pay above a minimum wage. Now an even better deal for them I'd assume with the scrapping of penalty rates.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
The vast majority of people that drink conduct themselves in a responsible manner.

Not everyone who becomes animated at the footy ends up assaulting the intellectually disabled.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not sure it has anything to do with race but it sure has a lot to do with football knowledge on and off field. When you see something like that, then you can only assume there is limited training offered regards being a security person at the footy.
The Tasmania incident indicates no training was given.

It’s really quite startling.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just shows they only care about $$$$$ and Foreign Labour is the Cheapest

Dave they’d be paid on the correct pay wage scale. Or that would be in the contract of the company and ground / AFL.

They’d have to have working visas etc. so it’s not about foreign labour. More about getting basic workers and give them what appears minimal training and then collect the contract from management.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
In my opinion, all sides of this overblown mosquito are PC groups telling people what they can and can't say or think.
Look at the Ablett booing, which I view as being the forerunner of this fiasco.

PC group 1 boos Ablett because he liked a facebook post.
PC group 2 says booing is completely inappropriate.
PC group 3 boos Ablett because they say it's inappropriate to say that booing is inappropriate.
It's ridiculous that one side of the whole argument over political correctness are denouncing the other side as being politically correct, when their view is simply a different version of what is politically correct.
Yeah fair point. My issue at core is with the way the AFL is going about delivering their agenda, not so much the agenda.

Gill the dill has to go. Such a piss weak fake apology he dished out today. Sorry you’re upset, but...

Spare me - that’s the apology you give when you don’t mean it or care and are instead forced.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gill the dill has to go. Such a piss weak fake apology he dished out today. Sorry you’re upset, but...

Spare me - that’s the apology you give when you don’t mean it or care and are instead forced.
One of Gil’s weaknesses is he is a very poor speaker and deliverer of a speech.

He is so wooden.

Actually he’s dreadful. It’s not for everyone.

One of Gil’s weaknesses is he is a very poor speaker and deliverer of a speech.

He is so wooden.

Actually he’s dreadful. It’s not for everyone.
If only they had some sort of media or PR department to write such statements for him...

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If only they had some sort of media or PR department to write such statements for him...
I’d do a far better than his people.

But he still couldn’t do the delivery.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
The Tasmania incident indicates no training was given.

It’s really quite startling.
Definitely one of the more extraordinary things you'd ever see at an AFL match! While most people will prefer the idea that the AFL is the villain here, I think this incident helps back up what Gillon McLachlan has said to a fair extent. I think it's reasonable to believe that the AFL hasn't ordered a security crackdown, but poorly trained/overzealous security people have caused most of the problems in recent times. Hopefully, they will be told to tone down their attitude, and let people get back to barracking normally at the football again, and this fuss will soon be forgotten.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Definitely one of the more extraordinary things you'd ever see at an AFL match! While most people will prefer the idea that the AFL is the villain here, I think this incident helps back up what Gillon McLachlan has said to a fair extent. I think it's reasonable to believe that the AFL hasn't ordered a security crackdown, but poorly trained/overzealous security people have caused most of the problems in recent times. Hopefully, they will be told to tone down their attitude, and let people get back to barracking normally at the football again, and this fuss will soon be forgotten.
Nailed it.

The AFL isn’t the devil.
Gil has his moments.
But on a hiding to nothing.

To me his biggest weakness is he’s a very poor speaker hence communicates poorly. But that’s not going to change so he is who he is.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry, but where did the directive to clamp down on loudness, language or extra aisle patrols come from?
I notice lately all the press has been about Marvel, but this was already happening at the G.
Does anyone seriously think the contracted security firm decided on its own to change things? To ramp up aisle walks? To eyeball fans?
There is only one way such a change in behaviour of the contractors occurs. From the employer.
If the employer is the stadium, then they see no need to change things, at extra cost, unless the renter of the venue decides they want a change.
All roads lead back to the AFL, and by extension, the head of the AFL.
To think otherwise is to ignore the facts.

Back