35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Sorry, but where did the directive to clamp down on loudness, language or extra aisle patrols come from?
I notice lately all the press has been about Marvel, but this was already happening at the G.
Does anyone seriously think the contracted security firm decided on its own to change things? To ramp up aisle walks? To eyeball fans?
There is only one way such a change in behaviour of the contractors occurs. From the employer.
If the employer is the stadium, then they see no need to change things, at extra cost, unless the renter of the venue decides they want a change.
All roads lead back to the AFL, and by extension, the head of the AFL.
To think otherwise is to ignore the facts.
I think this story is quite reasonable, though I'm sure many will keep going with the anti-AFL attitude: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06/17/marvel-stadium-initiated-fan-crackdown-not-the-afl-mcclure/

Marvel Stadium management are responsible for the sudden crackdown on crowd behaviour and not the AFL, according to SEN Time On host Sam McClure.
An increased security presence over the weekend has heightened tensions amongst outraged fans, with Behavioural Awareness Officers spotted at Marvel Stadium on Friday and Saturday night.
AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan has denied claims the league is responsible for the intensified security visibility at the AFL-owned venue, after Marvel Stadium CEO Michael Green took ownership of the matter on AFL Nation yesterday.

“Marvel Stadium, as of this morning, has agreed to tone down its security presence after a frustrated CEO Gillon McLachlan essentially summoned Michael Green, the CEO of Marvel Stadium, to his office this morning,” McClure told SEN’s Time On.
“The AFL has consistently told us that at no stage did it initiate a crackdown on fan behaviour. A lot of us haven’t believed the AFL, but what we can tell you now is that the league is telling the truth.
“The crackdown came from Marvel Stadium and the MCG, so essentially Melbourne’s two main football stadiums.
“The MCG also increased their security protocols; not increased their raw numbers. The MCG also changed their protocols, but no one has complained about that, because they’ve got the balance right.”

The AFL is the tallest of tall poppies, and there will always be people willing to trying and cut them down. I'm not exactly a fan of the head of the AFL (I don't dislike him either), and of course I know they will try and "spin things" when they think it's necessary, but I just don't always believe that they are to be blamed for anything the fans are unhappy about!

kickitolachie

Nogrey
Sep 19, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
Nailed it.

The AFL isn’t the devil.
Gil has his moments.
But on a hiding to nothing.

To me his biggest weakness is he’s a very poor speaker hence communicates poorly. But that’s not going to change so he is who he is.
On the contrary. The AFL is the devil. McLaughlin's poor media presence is not an excuse for the sanitisation policy that the AFL is following and has followed for some time.

This isn't even getting talked about atm. AFL must love Jaidyn for taking the heat off them.

Bet Gil was Relieved to hear about Stephenson betting scandal

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

WHAT UTTER CRAP

Not Dusty Rhodes is it?

EF4A4C19-9D95-44F4-A32C-23214202D413.jpeg

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which would be difficult as one gone to the great ring in the sky

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bet Gil was Relieved to hear about Stephenson betting scandal
Yeah the timing was perfect considering they knew about Jaidyn for about a month.

I wonder what the AFL actually prefers, the contrived over the top non issue of behaviour or players getting suspended for 10 weeks for gambling?

In reality which is worse for the game?

Be an interesting question.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What was it like at Marvel today?
Were they walking up and down and being in your face again?

Quiet as. We were in aisle 11 and didn’t see a single security officer walking up and down all game. Conspicuous in their absence, really.

Quiet as. We were in aisle 11 and didn’t see a single security officer walking up and down all game. Conspicuous in their absence, really.
Oh you were close, I was in 8. Next week we are in 15.

Nightmare to go out though as it is the aisle, Buckley comes through and they rope it off. I really don't like Marvel for trying to meet - MCG?

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What was it like at Marvel today?
Were they walking up and down and being in your face again?
Didn’t see one awareness person didn’t even see an Awareness umpire anywhere.

Back