Multiplat Far Cry 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Also did anyone else play this one?

I remember playing it online on the OG Xbox.

Far-Cry-Instincts_XBOX_US_ESRB.jpg

Hmm. Ran into a frustrating annoying roadblock. Mashing X. Got past the bit of knifey-spooney after three goes of mashing but this 'let me tell you the definition of insanity' bit? Games trolling me HARD. Of course, that could be the whole point of the excercise but guess what?

Not happy.

Bought the classic edition of this at eb's half year sale. May feel like a step back since I've been through 4 and 5 first but have come to adore this series so the more FC, the better

Bought the classic edition of this at eb's half year sale. May feel like a step back since I've been through 4 and 5 first but have come to adore this series so the more FC, the better

Don't reckon you'll be too disappointed, 3 is the best of the bunch imo. Best setting and villain anyway.

I found the second island in general a bit boring and plain - almost half-baked - compared to the first island and the missions involved with that

Still an amazing game and great setting to get lost in with free-roaming, XP-filling and crafting to have fun with doing in-between the main storyline (which got a bit stale as the game wore on)

I found the overall immersion in FC2 to be one of the best I've ever experienced in a game - the whole premise of in-game map/GPS, was amazing - plus no check-point system and bed/safehouse save points to advance time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost finished this, having as much fun as I did with 4 and 5. Hard to split them imo. 3 and 5 have the better maps but 4 probably has the edge with animals.

FC3 was awesome. I think a lot of the criticism is that they haven't really changed anything since. They dumb fun to me and have enjoyed all of them as long as I wait to play them while I'm in the mood for that sort of game.

FC3 was awesome. I think a lot of the criticism is that they haven't really changed anything since. They dumb fun to me and have enjoyed all of them as long as I wait to play them while I'm in the mood for that sort of game.

Burning down the weed farm with a flamethrower and getting high in the process was awesome

BUMP!

Thinking of getting the remastered XBox 1 edition of this game for $20 and is it any good? I have not really been a Far Cry fan and only played FC5 which i loved i must say and i just saw this while looking at the EB Games website.

Worth a go or will it be to out dated now? Anyone played both the original version and the remastered one for newer consoles?

BUMP!

Thinking of getting the remastered XBox 1 edition of this game for $20 and is it any good? I have not really been a Far Cry fan and only played FC5 which i loved i must say and i just saw this while looking at the EB Games website.

Worth a go or will it be to out dated now? Anyone played both the original version and the remastered one for newer consoles?
In my opinion this is the best far cry out of numbers 3-5 so yeah, go for it. Might be dated to a degree particularly with the graphics but its still good.

Fair way into the game after getting it this morning and it is pretty damn good. No shadow line when driving to a set way point on the map is a bit s**t and i am stumped if i can find a way to activate it or does the game not have it all?

Apart from that it is great and i am enjoying it heaps so far.

Is it better than Far Cry 5? Nope IMO and Far Cry 5 has it covered on many levels so far but in saying that i am loving playing Far Cry 3 and what a great $20 to spend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back