Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

It was changed in 2021 that you cannot match bids on NGA players in the top 20.
From 2022 - it was changed to the top 40 players.
after other clubs benefited heavily ah ?

No wonder not much was coming up when I googled him - Its Zaydyn, not Zayden ;)

He's been the Pioneers best player in all 3 games so far. It'd be just our luck to finally have a prospect from the academy and he'll be too good to let us match a bid. He'll probably get picked at 39 :$

Given we'll have a bucket load of good picks we could always just pick him straight up if he's any good I guess....

He's been the Pioneers best player in all 3 games so far. It'd be just our luck to finally have a prospect from the academy and he'll be too good to let us match a bid. He'll probably get picked at 39 :$

Given we'll have a bucket load of good picks we could always just pick him straight up if he's any good I guess....

The tigers luck right there.

A couple of posters on the MB have Zayden Lockwood as one of the best tall defenders in the draft pool. Have a sickening feeling he will be drafted before pick 40, before we can match.
I get the feeling that southern academies will be loosened up some maybe top 20 are protected only , will be apart of reforms ,,, we’ve developed this kid he needs to be a tiger , thets how it goes doesn’t it

Someone from the club needs to get in his ear and tell him to spud it up for the rest of the year and tank any interviews with oppo clubs

Someone from the club needs to get in his ear and tell him to spud it up for the rest of the year and tank any interviews with oppo clubs

Hes already 18. Last season as a bottom ager his stats were a total of 4 handballs and 1 mark in his one and only appearance for the pioneers during the entire of 2023 season. In the photo of him he looks like a praying mantis, a million miles away from even being able to withstand the physicality. This sums up the whole pointlessness of the NGA, a mere sniff of a player and people round here think because we finally get to use the discount that we should cash it in just for the hell of it. I'd rather the club spend full priced picks on any kid that's proven and highly rated. How desperate are people for a NGA discount. This is why Myer put up 50% off stickers on full priced items and people kill each other at Boxing Day sales so they can "feel like they got a bargain". Monster AFL KPF would pick him up and do biceps curls out of boredom then use his limbs to floss their teeth. That body would struggle to ever bulk up. Train on rookie psd at best.

images - 2024-05-03T130142.308.jpeg

Hes already 18. Last season as a bottom ager his stats were a total of 4 handballs and 1 mark in his one and only appearance for the pioneers during the entire of 2023 season. In the photo of him he looks like a praying mantis, a million miles away from even being able to withstand the physicality. This sums up the whole pointlessness of the NGA, a mere sniff of a player and people round here think because we finally get to use the discount that we should cash it in just for the hell of it. I'd rather the club spend full priced picks on any kid that's proven and highly rated. How desperate are people for a NGA discount. This is why Myer put up 50% off stickers on full priced items and people kill each other at Boxing Day sales so they can "feel like they got a bargain". Monster AFL KPF would pick him up and do biceps curls out of boredom then use his limbs to floss their teeth. That body would struggle to ever bulk up. Train on rookie psd at best.

View attachment 1977872
I know exactly what you mean

1714828617288.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those wondering about Picketts sons and how they are going in their football careers. Latrell (35 games) and Marlion Jr (45 games) have yet to kick a goal or get named in the best players in their careers so far. They are playing for Park Orchards in the Yarra Junior Football League.

View attachment 1977872
Thin Lizzy Bass GIF

Appreciate that but looking forward to some first hand comments when they come in due time.
Plenty of time for them to develop yet, as I believe that they are playing their first year of U15s at the moment. Ideally you'd like to see them getting added to a Coates Talent League development squad next year to get them into the pathway.

I think his oldest is a U14 rep footy age, I think they play in the Northern league don't they, be interesting to see if he's in their rep team
They were at West Preston but move to the Yarra District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back