Food & Drink Favourite Beers

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve only just got it in there too
My mate started it up.
It’s all WA ingredients apart from the hops which are from Vic
They launched just prior to covid on tap only, massive night down in Freo, so they were stuck with loads of barrels.
Him & I had many nights at his during covid that ended messy.
They joke that I’m the Dingo Lager Ambassador
Haha that's awesome!

I can't wait to try it on tap then.

Arrgh, I finally see a subject I feel qualified to banter about and I have way too much to say! as to my tastes, can't really get into the IPA scene, which is a shame as we probably have some of the best micro breweries in the world here in the Pacific Northwest. Have done a tonne of tasting at a yearly event held in Seattle for the Museum of Flight called "Hops & Props". They bring in about 75 relatively local breweries, each with 2-4 taps (ciders too) and there is no limit (other than 4 hours) to how many you can try. Here is last year's list (Some favorites highlighted):

2 Towns Ciderhouse
7 Seas Brewing
10 Barrel Brewing
Ace Cider Company
Airways Brewing
Alaskan Brewing Co.
AleSmith Brewing Company
Anacortes Brewery
Aslan Brewing Co.
Avid Cider
Bainbridge Brewing
Bale Breaker Brewing Company
Bayern Brewing
Belching Beaver Brewery
Bellevue Brewing Company
Black Raven Brewing
Boundary Bay Brewing Co.
Breakside Brewery
Caldera Brewing
CANarchy (Oskar Blues & Cigar City)
Chatter Creek Cider
Chuckanut Brewery
Counterbalance Brewing Company
Crossbuck Brewing
Crux Fermentation Project
Diamond Knot Brewing Company
Dick’s Brewing Company
Double Mountain Brewery
Dru Bru
Ecliptic Brewing
Elysian Brewing
Everybody’s Brewing
Farmstrong Brewing
Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery
Fort George Brewery
Founders Brewing Company
Fremont Brewing
Georgetown Brewing Company
Ghostfish Brewing Co.
GoodLife Brewing Co.
Ground Breaker Brewing
Guiness
Hellbent Brewing Company
Icicle Brewing Company
Jellyfish Brewing Company
Jester and Judge Cider
Kulshan Brewing Co.
Laurelwood Brewing Co.
Left Hand Brewing Co.
Lowercase Brewing
Lucky Envelope Brewing
Mac & Jack’s Brewing Company
Maritime Pacific Brewing Co.
Maui Brewing Company
Melvin Brewing
Merchand du Vin
Modern Times Beer
Montucky Cold Snacks
Mother Earth Brew Co
New Belgium Brewing Co.
New Holland Brewing
Ninkasi Brewing
North Coast Brewing Co.
No Boat Brewing Company
Oakshire Brewing
Optimism Brewing Company
Payette Brewing Company
Pelican Brewing Company
pFriem Family Brewers
Pike Brewing Company
Portland Cider Company
Postdoc Brewing
Radeberger Gruppe
Rainy Daze Brewing
Republic of Cider
Reuben’s Brews
Roslyn Brewing Company
San Juan Island Brewing

Seattle Cider
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Silver City Brewery
Snowdrift Cider Co.
Stone Brewing
Sumerian Brewing Company
Ten Pin Brewing
Tieton Cider Works
Top Rung Brewing Company
Triceratops Brewing Co.
Two Beers Brewing &
Uinta Brewing
UNIBROUE
Wingman Brewers
Winsome Ciderworks

I lean towards the Belgians and Bock beers mostly. Currently my kegerator has a quarter of Aviator Doppelbock from Anacortes Brewery. As an aside, from previous posts I've discovered I'm not only spoiled by selection, your prices suck too! LOL

PS - Anyone visiting the Northwest US, I'd be happy to serve as beer guide:cool:

Our prices for beer are outrageous compared to the US. I trade beer with a bloke from Baltimore who once sent me a Pliny the Elder with the price tag still on it - $3.99. You can't even get a can of VB for that. Problem is the taxes that breweries are forced to pay here, which are higher the higher ABV a beer has. Good example is a beer from New Belgium (on your list) - Voodoo Ranger IPA - that's now brewed here by Lion. Brewed in the US it has a 7% ABV but Lion brew it here at 6.8% to pay less. Ridiculous situation.

Anyway, I'll be sure to look you up when I visit one of my favourite breweries: Cascade. Not the one in Hobart...

Our prices for beer are outrageous compared to the US. I trade beer with a bloke from Baltimore who once sent me a Pliny the Elder with the price tag still on it - $3.99. You can't even get a can of VB for that. Problem is the taxes that breweries are forced to pay here, which are higher the higher ABV a beer has. Good example is a beer from New Belgium (on your list) - Voodoo Ranger IPA - that's now brewed here by Lion. Brewed in the US it has a 7% ABV but Lion brew it here at 6.8% to pay less. Ridiculous situation.

Anyway, I'll be sure to look you up when I visit one of my favourite breweries: Cascade. Not the one in Hobart...
Please do! I've not really had many of the Cascade brews, possibly the Kriek. (kind of partial to Pfriem, Seaside and some of the Rogue beers from that area myself) It's not exactly next door, but I'm willing to have a go. Honestly, I'd love to try the one in Hobart, too LOL!

BTW, to any and all that do manage to visit the Seattle area, our USAFL team is supported by the Lucky Envelop Brewing Company. They have some very nice offerings and one of the owners is participating in our tipping crew this year. Stop by on a Friday evening and you may run into a few of us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried this little baby yesterday and I know that there are some hardcore beer aficionadoes here. If you can find it - try it. The chilli sits at the front of the palate, not at the back of the throat. Excellent drop.

IMG_20210707_133406.jpg

Woodside Hawk I reckon this would be right up your street.

I tried this little baby yesterday and I know that there are some hardcore beer aficionadoes here. If you can find it - try it. The chilli sits at the front of the palate, not at the back of the throat. Excellent drop.

View attachment 1173338

Woodside Hawk I reckon this would be right up your street.

It is certainly stout season! Have always meant to try this. Will try and get my hands on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back