Favourite random songs by bands you don't listen to

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Been listening to a lot of 90s alternative stuff lately, naturally that conjures up a lot of bands that had great songs but went nowhere or just bands that had one song that grabbed you but none of their other stuff really stood out at the time.

A prime example of this being:

Girl From Mars - Ash.

I know they had a couple of other well known songs - Goldfinger was ok - but this song is a belter IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can honestly say Ive never heard a Bieber song before. I know he had that one where he says the word Baby over and over, but other than that could not name another song.

Until I heard this song and thought it sounded okay - without knowing who sang it. Then I check out the music clip and now I find myself watching it with great regularity.

Not sure why though... :D

This next one is slightly more left field. I love Weird Al. Really and truly. My son does too. Often we listen to his music before he goes to bed. One of his compilation / mixes / mashups? contained a song I thought I had heard before but wasnt sure. I also wasnt sure who sang it. So I looked it up. I had heard of the band but didnt know any of their music.

Like above, this is a song I find myself listening to (though this time because the music is great, not the music clip).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back