• Melbourne

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Swans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To be a bit cheeky Anderson would fit the bill as well, what's his contract situation?

As far as I can see Noah Anderson is out of contract end of 2023 too, but I believe the money moved out in the trade period just gone was about freeing up the ability to front a 'signing bonus' of sorts to Rowell and Anderson so they sign on longer with a big couple of years up front.

As far as I can see Noah Anderson is out of contract end of 2023 too, but I believe the money moved out in the trade period just gone was about freeing up the ability to front a 'signing bonus' of sorts to Rowell and Anderson so they sign on longer with a big couple of years up front.
Positive noises that both will re-sign soon. Anderson could well be the next captain in a couple of years.

MATT ROWELL (GOLD COAST)

Gold Coast’s salary dump only works if the players they want to re-sign are on board with locking themselves in on long-term deals.

Which is why the strong recent progress on Matt Rowell’s contract talks will be music to the ears of Gold Coast fans.

The expectation is that deal will be done “sooner rather than later”, with a resolution on a newly minted deal close.
NOAH ANDERSON (GOLD COAST)

Talks have not yet started with Gold Coast and Anderson, but are expected to ramp up in coming months for a player who has gone past his best mate Rowell.

Anderson finished second behind Touk Miller in the club’s best-and-fairest in a breakout year when he averaged 26 possessions and 5.6 clearances and kicked a career-high 11 goals.

The expectation is that Anderson will commit over summer to a deal that should reward him with over $800,000 a season given the expected rise in the CBA.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...3/news-story/d38702652ee1132f8785586a3c347c98

I hope GWS can keep him. As much as the Bulldogs and GWS hate each other, it's quite sad to see top end talent leave GWS year in year out.
I sit in this camp as well. I’d love him at Hawks but I don’t like club pilfering clubs with retention issues. Hope he and Green stay at Giants. The Comp is better without A grade talents leaving expansion clubs after 2 years of development..

I would offer our f1 2024 figuring after a tough 2023 with more games into our youth we rise a bit up the ladder. Like the look of Harley Reid, Finn Callaghan and Cam Mackenzie as our starting midfield!
We’ll ask the question, I have no doubt.

We’ll ask the question, I have no doubt.

A future first (for any club) is a pretty steep asking price for a player still yet to make his mark at proven AFL level. I would have thought your second rounder in 2023 and potential pick swaps is probably around the ball mark as it stands tight now (of course if FC has a breakout season in 2023, that changes)

A future first (for any club) is a pretty steep asking price for a player still yet to make his mark at proven AFL level. I would have thought your second rounder in 2023 and potential pick swaps is probably around the ball mark as it stands tight now (of course if FC has a breakout season in 2023, that changes)
he is a former pick 3 with only a year in the system. gws would be remiss to let him go for a second round pick

Highly rated within. A look at his debut and the quality of his touches shows a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Parish were to leave via FA I'd comfortably give up the Band 1 compensation and a little extra (maybe a 2nd with something coming back) for him.

If we finish bottom 4 again it could be pick 5 and 24 for Callaghan and a late first (if Richmond do well).

Would suit clubs that finish around 12th and are a few years into a rebuild.

My analysis on potential clubs:

Essendon if they lose Parish makes sense, otherwise might not be a positional need.
North if they rise up the ladder might make sense as they have used a number of high picks recently but he doesn't really fit a positional need.
Hawks obviously make sense if we were to maintain our ladder position with our young side.
GWS also would be fairly keen to keep him.
Saints if they were to drop back should either look more to the now (with any potential trade with a first) or more to the future and use it in the draft.
Other sides like GC, WC and Adl probably won't target a Vic mid at the price it will cost to get him.

If Parish were to leave via FA I'd comfortably give up the Band 1 compensation and a little extra (maybe a 2nd with something coming back) for him.

If we finish bottom 4 again it could be pick 5 and 24 for Callaghan and a late first (if Richmond do well).
Maybe develop your own players.

Maybe develop your own players.
I have no issues either way. I'm not desperate for him but I'd be disappointed if we didn't have a crack at the same time.

Bit hard to trust anyone staying at GWS as they do lose a couple each year - despite the constant protests of GWS supporters.

But by the same token, just as many GWS players are speculated about, and are confirmed locks to leave from media sources and opposition supporter ITKs, and stay.

Honestly I doubt anyone bar Finn and his manager and family have any indication just yet. You'd expect he gets a reasonable offer from GWS and most Vic clubs, a lot probably depends on external factors to the club BUT Kingsley looks promising as a coach and he's the right age and player to be a centerpiece of the rebuild.

Like a number of vic clubs trying to slime in on new club talent. Suck s**t.
That’s quite harsh I get the animosity for the expansion teams generally speaking. I don’t see hawks as benefiting at all from luring players given Jono O’Rourke Jon Patton Tom Scully. I don’t want to see players leave otherwise GWS and Suns will not succeed and we are too invested to see them fail but it’s clearly still not working.

Back