• Melbourne

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Swans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda have come out recently to say their recruiting will involve targeting kids from around the bayside areas so I'd be very surprised if he's not a target.

I think we have 5 or so of his team mates from Sandringham on our list.

I've got my doubts we will have a huge amount of success with the strategy but worth a crack.

St Kilda have come out recently to say their recruiting will involve targeting kids from around the bayside areas so I'd be very surprised if he's not a target.

I think we have 5 or so of his team mates from Sandringham on our list.

I've got my doubts we will have a huge amount of success with the strategy but worth a crack.

That mean you will look at Chesser as well?

For Geelong it was originally about retention as much as attraction. If you can get a player like Finn to return then you might be on good strategy that other might copy.

I think Chester already signed a contract from memory

Sure contracted You have more leverage when they are OOC ..but players move every year when in contract.

What I was sorting of meaning is that you would look at the Sandi kids and go hard at them each year. See if you can shake some loose. If he continues to have a hard time with injury., maybe he wants to return

Sure contracted You have more leverage when they are OOC ..but players move every year when in contract.

What I was sorting of meaning is that you would look at the Sandi kids and go hard at them each year. See if you can shake some loose. If he continues to have a hard time with injury., maybe he wants to return
Yes, Sandy kids would be the main target I'd imagine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be the next big one the Giants are hoping to have tucked away.
Seen nothing to say he wants to leave, so fingers crossed he signs like Green quickly to get it out the way.

Do you feel players are lured away with money or is location and/or opportunity?

What difference would it be if a club could match an offer with some sort of cap relief.

Do you feel players are lured away with money or is location and/or opportunity?

What difference would it be if a club could match an offer with some sort of cap relief.
Tbh turbo cat, I reckon the pandemic had a lot to do with players not enjoying things …. Few home games and bad crowds …. Melbourne crowds must look so much more appealing

My opinion but the only reason Cameron is in the Hoops is because of covid.
It doesn’t hit and he is signed for life at the Giants.

I do think go home is a thing. Being close to family.
But also, Such as in the Williams to Carlton, it was big dollars and a opportunity in the middle.

My opinion but the only reason Cameron is in the Hoops is because of covid.
It doesn’t hit and he is signed for life at the Giants.

I do think go home is a thing. Being close to family.
But also, Such as in the Williams to Carlton, it was big dollars and a opportunity in the middle.

on JC ..who knows. He was very close to staying so you might be right.

Its an unfortuate fact of life that unless a player stars and elevates his value...he probably slips. Geelong paid 18 for Bruhn who was drafted with 12. If he is a regular in 2023..then id say its at least a mid first round. Thats still a significant loss from P3.
If he finishes top 5 in rising star ( which barring injury I think he will ) then I think at least 2000 points worth of draft capital , pick 4 or 5 might be ok, anything lower like 6,7 at least a 2nd rounder as well.

If he finishes top 5 in rising star ( which barring injury I think he will ) then I think at least 2000 points worth of draft capital , pick 4 or 5 might be ok, anything lower like 6,7 at least a 2nd rounder as well.

There are multiple factors, like the position of the club he wishes to go to. Money being offered. Length of contract. Top5 Rising Star... I have no reference to that improving trade value but it may. Is there an example of that being a factor.? Jackson won it but thats different to being top 5... and he is a tall as well.

Back