FTA-TV First Dates - Part 5 - Back to the Repeats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whothe fu** does that little punk think he is?? A drug dealer

interesting comment after reading a review i found of the movie

It has a Home Alone type vibe to it. A kid goes around fooling adults. It's a pretty good movie overall. There is kind of a weird pedophilia subplot but it's kind of justified in the end. The 'makeout' that all of these other reviews are talking about was just a regular kiss. She really kissed him on the area between his nose and upper lip. It's kind of weird but it's not as bad as the other reviewers are saying. You've gotta remember that this movie released a quarter-of-a-century ago... times were different. I'd recommend watching it.

Edit: Some of the other comments do have a point, though. Had the roles been reversed (The adult being a male and the kid being a female,) this movie would not be available on Disney+. Hypocrisy.

Edit #2: It's also really odd looking back on the cast. Both the dad of the main character and the criminal have passed. The main character has had some trouble with substance abuse. Sad to see.

I still say it's worth the watch.

he still gave it 4 stars out of 5.

interesting comment after reading a review i found of the movie

It has a Home Alone type vibe to it. A kid goes around fooling adults. It's a pretty good movie overall. There is kind of a weird pedophilia subplot but it's kind of justified in the end. The 'makeout' that all of these other reviews are talking about was just a regular kiss. She really kissed him on the area between his nose and upper lip. It's kind of weird but it's not as bad as the other reviewers are saying. You've gotta remember that this movie released a quarter-of-a-century ago... times were different. I'd recommend watching it.

Edit: Some of the other comments do have a point, though. Had the roles been reversed (The adult being a male and the kid being a female,) this movie would not be available on Disney+. Hypocrisy.

Edit #2: It's also really odd looking back on the cast. Both the dad of the main character and the criminal have passed. The main character has had some trouble with substance abuse. Sad to see.

I still say it's worth the watch.

he still gave it 4 stars out of 5.
Have you seen the Bicycle Man eps of Different Strokes??

In most places the audience actually laughs- its downright disturbing. And disgusting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even in the 80s how did they get away with that?

was it a laugh track and the producers thought that was where people should laugh or was it live audience? if its the former that pretty creepy
Nope it was a live audience

It came with like a "warning" before and after the eps by Mr Drummond (Arnolds dad) as well. Was pretty srs and one of the first times a mainstream show like that ran with a storyline like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back