FTA-TV First Dates - Part 5 - Back to the Repeats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is GWN Win? If so that was the worst of all the normal channels too.
You really got screwed with the TV.
Nah WIN was a regional mix of channels 9/10, that along with SBS came in around 2000 just after I'd left for Perth of course.

Oh and the crap ads on GWN, the most budget productions for crap like machinery, fertilisers and the Dowerin Field Day over and over again.

The video shop as a kid was where it was at though, even in a tiny town we had 2 and even 3 at one stage. Always full of great lollies at the counter as well, that smell.

Nah WIN was a regional mix of channels 9/10, that along with SBS came in around 2000 just after I'd left for Perth of course.

Oh and the crap ads on GWN, the most budget productions for crap like machinery, fertilisers and the Dowerin Field Day over and over again.

The video shop as a kid was where it was at though, even in a tiny town we had 2 and even 3 at one stage. Always full of great lollies at the counter as well, that smell.
Yeah I've lived in the country. Ads for fertiliser and water pumps.
And the news is about local council bullshit. Like should they put a bollard in front of a shop etc

Loved the video shop. The best. One of the saddest things about the digital era is they've gone

Nintendo/footy/cricket or going out doing silly stuff was my after school. Plenty of TV at night though. Or videos, ****ing hell it was sh*t with only 2 TV channels.
This was my after schools:
- going next door hang out with my mate who had her own TV in her room (her whole house was so much better than mine in general )
- playing the computer (winter, cali games etc)
- going the local shopping centre with mum and neighbors, would go cafe then shops. Did this maybe 1-2 times per week
- ride my bike up the back yard
- tv at home
- play with the cats
- homework i guess too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have watched the cartoons anyway, but the first reason why I watched ended up being because I had a crush on Sophie Lee.

I have Kimberley Davies' calendar and both copies of Inside Sport that she was on the cover in storage.

I will always be thankful Paradise Beach was made, for no other reason than it introduced me to Kimberley Joseph. The episode of her in a blue bikini is something I'll never forget.

Even now I remember talking about the Brooke Satchwell pool scene at school.

The "sexy blonde" on Pacific Drive I remember actually thinking was a butterface.

Being a kid was the best.
Being an adult sucks.
Being an old adult is even worse. I turned down looking at a rental unit in a retirement village because they don't accept pets. I'm not giving up Zsa Zsa that easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back