Fixture Fixture 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping max king to dominate. 5 goals.
Daicos will debut, so will lipinski you’d assume.
Will de goey be playing? Normally kills us so fingers crossed he isn’t.
nasiah, windhager, or Owens a chance for round 1? Time will tell I suppose
Nah, Max will kick 10. He’ll dominate the comp next season. I’d love to see our draftees (especially Owens) but we might have to wait a few weeks into the season for that. Probably depends on preseason form. If Owens continues the improvement he showed in the latter part of the season anything’s possible.

Great to finally have a primetime season opener against a big Vic club instead of our usual off Broadway opener on Sunday against an interstate club.

We should notch up a win too although I wouldn't expect Collingwood to be easybeats, they will be looking to impress first up under their new coach.

Great to finally have a primetime season opener against a big Vic club instead of our usual off Broadway opener on Sunday against an interstate club.

We should notch up a win too although I wouldn't expect Collingwood to be easybeats, they will be looking to impress first up under their new coach.

It should be one we start favourites in but there is a little bit of worry that this is the exact type of game we usually bungle. High expectation, free to air, big opposition and an opportunity to carry some real momentum into the season. Please don't * it up.

Probably no De Goey.

Possibly no Pendles - https://www.afl.com.au/news/690873/pies-champ-facing-surgery-after-scans-reveal-leg-fracture

New coach in his first game trying to get players to adapt the new game plan. Presumably the Pies will look to be much more attacking which means they will make mistakes and there will be turnover opportunities for our wings/halfbacks

Hopefully we get a decent run with injuries in 2022 and we can surge back up the ladder.

Full fixture released today but some early snippets including a Friday night Jack Steele homecoming and returning to scene of the Cairns nightmare.

Canberra
Round 6 - GWS v St Kilda
Manuka Oval
Friday, April 22, 7.50pm (EST)

**Cairns game
Round 7 St Kilda v Port Adelaide
Cazalys Stadium, Cairns
Saturday, April 30, 7.25pm (EST)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full fixture released today but some early snippets including a Friday night Jack Steele homecoming and returning to scene of the Cairns nightmare.

Canberra
Round 6 - GWS v St Kilda
Manuka Oval

**Cairns game
Cazalys Stadium, Cairns
Those Cairns games are horrible. Port will be licking their lips at that.

The trip to China against them was horrific. The last games in Cairns was also horrific.

The power of the two combined could be an all time massacre.
Hopefully we don't play them in Adelaide aswell.

Who am I kidding of course we will.

Canberra
Round 6 - GWS v St Kilda
Manuka Oval

**Cairns game
Cazalys Stadium, Cairns
GWS is Greene's first game back.

The trip to China against them was horrific. The last games in Cairns was also horrific.

The power of the two combined could be an all time massacre.

I think we've only played Port in Melbourne handful of times since they started. Why do we insist on selling off our games against them interstate or OS?

I take it we have had bad history in Cairns? I saw that there were going to be some games in NT as well. Are there always AFL games in smaller cities that don't have their own team? If so what cities typically get them?

I think we've only played Port in Melbourne handful of times since they started. Why do we insist on selling off our games against them interstate or OS?
Would be money related. We want home games against bigger clubs to get bigger crowds, and Port must not get a big not get people through the door.

Would also be why we typically play GC up there.

I take it we have had bad history in Cairns? I saw that there were going to be some games in NT as well. Are there always AFL games in smaller cities that don't have their own team? If so what cities typically get them?
The only other game we have played there was this year against Adelaide, and that didn't end well after choking a massive lead.

A lot of the Vic clubs and the 2 expansion sides have sold games to smaller markets as a way to make some extra money.

Hawthorn have been playing multiple games in Launceston, Tas for years. North do it with Hobart.
WB sell to Ballarat. GWS to Canberra. Melbourne to the NT. Gold Coast has done NT, China and Northern QLD.
Richmond use to sell some games to North QLD before their premiership run too.

We've sold to many places over recent years - Cairns, China, New Zealand - but haven't had a permeant 2nd locations since Launceston back in the mid 2000s.

We have only been selling 1 game per season, whereas most of the examples above sell 2-4 games per season to that secondary location.

Hopefully we don't play them in Adelaide aswell.

Who am I kidding of course we will.

Of the 32 H&A games we have played against Port -

We have been the 'home' team 15 times.
7 games at Marvel/Etihad
4 games in TAS
3 games at Waverley (Pre2000)
1 game in China

Before last year we hadn't played Port in VIC since 2013.

The AFL fixture is a joke sometimes...

Double ups next year against Sydney, Brisbane, Geelong, Hawthorn and Freo by the looks of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back