Toast Fletch - The last one

Remove this Banner Ad

With the retirement of Lloydy this morning, it has only just become apparent to me that Dustin Fletcher is the only remaining member of our 2000 premiership side.

9 years is a short time in the world of AFL.

first time i saw fletch play was round 7 1993 (i think - it was tim watson's first game back after retirement anyway) against st kilda.

i remember he absolutely destroyed stewart loewe that day. i remember him playing from behind all day and his arms just coming out of nowhere to spoil big 'buckets'.

i knew from that day we had a player on our hands, and he's been one of the best, most durable players essendon has ever had.

hopefully he can be a part of our next premiership side as well, huh?

first time i saw fletch play was round 7 1993 (i think - it was tim watson's first game back after retirement anyway) against st kilda.

i remember he absolutely destroyed stewart loewe that day. i remember him playing from behind all day and his arms just coming out of nowhere to spoil big 'buckets'.

i knew from that day we had a player on our hands, and he's been one of the best, most durable players essendon has ever had.

hopefully he can be a part of our next premiership side as well, huh?

3 premierships over 3 decades?:eek:
Has that happened before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow - was that his first game? I was there!!!! Cool!!!! At Waverley right?

I remember the crowd going berserk every time Timmy went near the ball. Mustn't have noticed the skinny ranga down back.

What a legend he has been - we are so privileged to have had Lloyd, Lucas, Hird & Fletch at our club.

His first game was round 2 versus Carlton. That was the "Kernahan kicks out on the full" game.

He started on the bench, and came on to play in the ruck.

Although Fletch is the last one at the Bombers, they're is still one running around..

Solly :)

Wow - was that his first game? I was there!!!! Cool!!!! At Waverley right?

I remember the crowd going berserk every time Timmy went near the ball. Mustn't have noticed the skinny ranga down back.

What a legend he has been - we are so privileged to have had Lloyd, Lucas, Hird & Fletch at our club.

nah, timmys first game back. i think fletch had played 2-3. his first game was against carlton in the drawn game.

i remember the crowd when timmy went near it. i didn't really appreciate it at the time, but looking back, i'm glad dad dragged me along that day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back