Religion Folau

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine believing in such a vindictive god that would destroy innocent people's lives and properties over something they had no control of. I hope all those people who lost lives and properties were at least yes voters.

People have a tendency to want to believe in poetic (or divine) justice, like the biblical example cited by Folau, according to their perceptions of good or bad. I suspect any ill-effects would manifest themselves in ways other than bushfires. To borrow a line from The Exorcist, that's surely much too vulgar a display of power for a god.
Considering how Christians are always banging on about how small and insignificant we are in the sight of God it strikes me as somewhat egotistical to then turn around and announce she's micromanaging every single human transgression.

No, not at all. One's religious beliefs or disbeliefs are entirely their own business.

As a religious disbeliever I am as entitled to comment on the subject as any believer, though I don't pretend to possess any special authority, as a lot of them tend to do. Why do you ask?

Lots of virtue signallers to a chorus of 'what about me' ...... seeking to put down anothers beliefs based on race, religion or creed ... unwilling to accommodate the other point of view ??

Lots of virtue signallers to a chorus of 'what about me' ...... seeking to put down anothers beliefs based on race, religion or creed ... unwilling to accommodate the other point of view ??

He's a bigot mate and should be called out for exactly what he is. Most people of faith have compassion and believe in God's grace (whatever the fcuk that is). They don't twist the knife after people have lost life and home due to fires that were not their fault. He's a homophobe and a grub.

If there was a Jesus, I am pretty sure that he would have been disgusted by the likes of Folau and that bigoted tennis woman who's name I will not mention.

He's a bigot mate and should be called out for exactly what he is. Most people of faith have compassion and believe in God's grace (whatever the fcuk that is). They don't twist the knife after people have lost life and home due to fires that were not their fault. He's a homophobe and a grub.

If there was a Jesus, I am pretty sure that he would have been disgusted by the likes of Folau and that bigoted tennis woman who's name I will not mention.

I dont share your pain, there are extremes on every issue in life, I can accomodate it, when they knock on the door, no thanks!
When they lie on the road, I go a different way.
When they light fires, find them guilty, jail them.
If you are looking for a fight sit next to the opposition cheer squad, theres usual a nutter there a bit unhinged.

As for Margaret Court, its about her tennis, not her religion, not how she votes - same in footy.

Imagine believing in the existence of a god.

'Faith' and 'religion' might be related but they aren't the same thing. Faith itself isn't the problem - it's when that faith gets organised into a socio-political structure and impacts negatively on those not sharing those beliefs, that's the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I call mental illness, not only on Folau but those who believe this bs.

And to think next year we're going to see protections come in that allow the Folau's of the world to spew their emotional vomit. :drunk:

As I predicted earlier in this thread because stupid RA and it's brain dead ceo who wants to appease noisy minorities who backs her just as stupid HR department's employment policy that is in complete contradiction with itself.:drunk:

How the * did they think that was gonna pan out? What were they just hoping Issy would not spew his crap? Knowing his history?

Now, RA looks hypocritical because it's backed one demographic in it's policy and prosecuted the other - in fact it is hypocritical.

Lesson not learned, you CAN'T include everyone. It doesn't work.

Even more :drunk::drunk::drunk: worthy is the fact we STILL use the bible in a court of law for anyone to take the stand to swear their truth on. How can this possibly be taken seriously.

It's realities like this that give loony extremists cause to believe in their impractical idealogues.

A West Coast supporting, Folau defending, free speech warrior that says virtue signalling.

Could you be anymore annoying?

The problem is his point of view is not based on anything - not race, religion or creed.
Comments like his deserved to be ridiculed.

Perhaps you need clean your glasses .... live & let live too tough a philosophy?
I do up to a point.
But when he's out in the public insulting people like that with his own demented version of Christianity then there has to be a limit.
I don't care what he says to his mates in the pub, but when he's publicly stating that dribble then I say stop it.

When you have as the leader of your country, offer only “thoughts and prayers” to any situation outside of his “prosperity gospel” beliefs, I personally can not tolerate nor accomodate that point of view.

I really did enjoy his blabbering, I’d forgive him if English was not his first language, but boy oh boy, words seem to escape his gob like a multi car collision on an icy road.
If you haven’t already watched it, be sure to enjoy the part where he gets all teary........again.

I do up to a point.
But when he's out in the public insulting people like that with his own demented version of Christianity then there has to be a limit.
I don't care what he says to his mates in the pub, but when he's publicly stating that dribble then I say stop it.

Isnt he preaching at his church, the media dont visit unless a bloody good rugby player on show .....
Sure its drivel ... as pointed out earlier for the media its about clicks, the outraged pile on. He's not on a milk crate on a corner anywhere.
Is any church really a public place, compared to the front bar?

When you have as the leader of your country, offer only “thoughts and prayers” to any situation outside of his “prosperity gospel” beliefs, I personally can not tolerate nor accomodate that point of view.

I can, I can disagree with your point of view & move on. Guess its about tolerance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back