Religion Folau

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I'm ambivalent, but grow wary when people claim to know lots of stuff about this god. If you've actually spoken to the guy then the conversation is over.

& after the conversation is over you move on, dont feel the need to convert/criticise anyone who agrees with the god botherer ....

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
Isnt he preaching at his church, the media dont visit unless a bloody good rugby player on show .....
Sure its drivel ... as pointed out earlier for the media its about clicks, the outraged pile on. He's not on a milk crate on a corner anywhere.
Is any church really a public place, compared to the front bar?
Yes. Church is definitely public domain.

10571z

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
AFL Club
Collingwood
I really don’t see the issue of his comments, it’s exactly what the religion teaches.

52% of Australians apparently are Christian so realistically he represents a large number of people’s views.

Personally I’m an atheist so it’s quite laughable

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I really don’t see the issue of his comments, it’s exactly what the religion teaches.

52% of Australians apparently are Christian so realistically he represents a large number of people’s views.

Personally I’m an atheist so it’s quite laughable

To the extent that the same sex issue got up - most people can walk & chew gum, those on the extremes are far more limited when thought is required, see this thread.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists

I've replied here, intolerance is in the eye of the beholder is my take ... some dill spouting a narrow view, why bother.
Put things through your own filter, I do.
So I should just ignore this blathering degenerate?
Should I ignore the language our PM borrows from extremist conspiracy theorists, when he gave his speech on child rape victims, whilst later attempting to have a child rape victim apologist and protector invited to his White House dinner?
When does my filter allow the Titanic clear passage and when do I ask that campaigners like Folau and Morrison to be held accountable for their extreme beliefs?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

So I should just ignore this blathering degenerate?
Should I ignore the language our PM borrows from extremist conspiracy theorists, when he gave his speech on child rape victims, whilst later attempting to have a child rape victim apologist and protector invited to his White House dinner?
When does my filter allow the Titanic clear passage and when do I ask that campaigners like Folau and Morrison to be held accountable for their extreme beliefs?

The same way you dealt with the XR people that lay down on the road ...... as for the PM, exercise your right to vote.
It may not fuel your outrage, but it seems your filter is political, where does Folau fit, how does having any view but your own fit? Like this one:

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
The same way you dealt with the XR people that lay down on the road ...... as for the PM, exercise your right to vote.
It may not fuel your outrage, but it seems your filter is political, where does Folau fit, how does having any view but your own fit? Like this one:
I don’t get outraged.
If I had my way, the family of the victim would get 1hour with the perpetrators, no holds barred.
Not so much an eye for an eye, just some nice clean retribution.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I don’t get outraged.
If I had my way, the family of the victim would get 1hour with the perpetrators, no holds barred.
Not so much an eye for an eye, just some nice clean retribution.

Ah, back to the matter in hand, yes, an eye for an eye does appeal, just need to make the person in question, no room for a lynch mob. In the current time, justice is the only way.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Imagine believing in such a vindictive god that would destroy innocent people's lives and properties over something they had no control of. I hope all those people who lost lives and properties were at least yes voters.
The old woman was a mistake perhaps, but she’s not the point! The old woman was merely a sickness . . . I was in a hurry to step over . . . it wasn’t a human being I killed, it was a principle! So I killed the principle, but I didn’t step over, I stayed on this side . . . All I managed to do was kill. And I didn’t even manage that, as it turns out . . .

chelseacarlton

Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Ah, back to the matter in hand, yes, an eye for an eye does appeal, just need to make the person in question, no room for a lynch mob. In the current time, justice is the only way.
Agreed in principle.
Unfortunately his god doesn’t see it that way.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The old woman was a mistake perhaps, but she’s not the point! The old woman was merely a sickness . . . I was in a hurry to step over . . . it wasn’t a human being I killed, it was a principle! So I killed the principle, but I didn’t step over, I stayed on this side . . . All I managed to do was kill. And I didn’t even manage that, as it turns out . . .

SOS didnt say any such thing ...

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There are so many of you with worthy views and not too many that I don't like..

So all I can do is to tell you that I enjoy the idea that freedom of speech is handy in times like this...

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nah he is just espousing on his families words and he is taking it too far.. but he is entitled to his views.. it is allowed in churches around australia..

he is a public figure and can say what he likes..
don't mind what he says as such but he makes it sound as if he dislikes australia.. he doesn't but he uses his situation where he is australian born
and what he chooses is what he chooses..

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
It’s the Abrahamic god, the god of the Jews, the endless Christian denominations and many Muslim factions.
It’s hideous beast of a creation.👍🥂

Perhaps you know more about the god you are referring to than many of its nominal followers. Most of whom dont darken the door of any church ....

Back