Football Manager 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got promoted with Newcastle, they've given me around 25million pounds to strengthen the squad I desperately need a Premier League quality striker, I tried to sign Jovetic but they Fiorentina rejected my 15mill offer.

I signed Saha on a free and Benjani for 750k. Signed Danny Simpson on a free for cover for right back.

I also need a creative midfielder.

Any suggestions?

You can get Caceido from Man City very cheap. Won the golden boot in my first season in the Premier League with Southampton.

For a creative midfielder - Kranjcar for 10 mill was worth it for me. He can play in the middle and on the left. Plus he takes free kicks and corners.

Does anyone know who is in charge of the A-Leagues salary cap?

I am currently trying to use FMRTE to alter the salary cap so its higher, but I cannot find the details under the actual competitions (Hyundai A-League) information.

Finished 7th in my first season. Cole scored 31 goals in the PL but is now at Atletico for 15m (Cracked it and wanted to leave).

Picked up Di Maria for 10m, Saha and Van Der Vaart on frees and Obertan and Van Den Boore on loan. Started slowly in 2010/2011 but have picked it up a bit and am 1-2-4 currently with relatively easy teams coming up.

Finally got a copy of the game today!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just a quick question. It's been an age since I've played FM and I was wondering how many countries & leagues do you load up in each game usually?

Finally got a copy of the game today!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just a quick question. It's been an age since I've played FM and I was wondering how many countries & leagues do you load up in each game usually?
In my current game I have A-League, England up to BSP, France to Ligue 2, Germany 2nd Division all as playable.

Brazilian league as a non-playable league good cheap buys there

The thing with Spain is that even if you dont have them in you get a fair chunk of any decent players anyway. Most my signings come from France and Brazil or within the english leagues

Decided to start a new game and started unemployed.

Am managing Greenock Morton in Scotish 2nd tier. My main striker was 39 years old...

I can't get ANYONE on loan. Have had to sign uncontracted 34 year olds who are 'twice the player of our next best right back' etc.

Currently on the road to bringing the mighty Norwich back to the top. Quite the squad I have developed up to January in the 1st season. Pretty much sold everyone cut down the wage bill by heaps. Kept Theoklitos though.

GK - Wessels (on a free),
DEF - Glauber (free), Lastovka (free), Mettomo (free), Marc Muniesa (Barcalona 17y.o 40K), De Laet (loan), Ateba (French div 2 240K)
MID - Bobby Convey (free), Szatela (FC Dallas free), Rose Botsock and Parret loaned from Spurs, Brett Holman (AZ free)
FW - Viduka (free), Marlon Harewood (Villa 1m), Henri Camara (free), Amr Zaki (1.2m)

I would definately have Spain, Italy and England at an absolute minimum. Agree with Brazil as well.

I have the 3 bigs (England, Italy, Spain), Germany, France, Holland.

Except for England (to 2nd division) they are only the top 2 leagues.

I usually try to load all of Brazil and Australia too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My scouts have just offered me Robert Enke. I might have to tell my scout the bad news...

First season with Arsenal is half way through and I can't stop drawing games. Currently 8th with about 11 draws out of 20 games.:rolleyes:

Currently on the road to bringing the mighty Norwich back to the top. Quite the squad I have developed up to January in the 1st season. Pretty much sold everyone cut down the wage bill by heaps. Kept Theoklitos though.

GK - Wessels (on a free),
DEF - Glauber (free), Lastovka (free), Mettomo (free), Marc Muniesa (Barcalona 17y.o 40K), De Laet (loan), Ateba (French div 2 240K)
MID - Bobby Convey (free), Szatela (FC Dallas free), Rose Botsock and Parret loaned from Spurs, Brett Holman (AZ free)
FW - Viduka (free), Marlon Harewood (Villa 1m), Henri Camara (free), Amr Zaki (1.2m)

That team will probably get you back to back promotions. I signed quite a few of those players in my Southampton game. The only problem is when you get to the Premier League you are screwed!

I usually do 10-12 leagues from 8 or 9 countries. If your system can handle it the bigger the better. Plus I like having a wider spread of national talent as the decades roll by.

I about 35-40 leagues from around 20 countries, my laptop can take it thankfully so the game isn't that slow.

Got the sack from West Ham. I finished 7th in my first season, in my second season with five games to go I was 10th and was in the 2nd knockout round of the Europa. Talk about ridiculous expectations from the board.

Starting a new game with Leeds now, shouldn't get the sack too early as I expect to be promoted into the CCC straight away. 73 leagues from 36 nations in this game :D .

Playing with the same team is the best part of FM, IMO. I played the same club from 06/07 to 41/42 on FM07.

Does that not make you feel restricted? Getting sick of playing with the same team?

Nope, I'm a Liverpool supporter, I love playing with Liverpool.

That's the best part of it.

I never get sick of playing with the same team.

I use my 08 game to start new games as unemployed and then work my way up, with whoever gives me a job.

Just got promoted with Newcastle, they've given me around 25million pounds to strengthen the squad I desperately need a Premier League quality striker, I tried to sign Jovetic but they Fiorentina rejected my 15mill offer.

I signed Saha on a free and Benjani for 750k. Signed Danny Simpson on a free for cover for right back.

I also need a creative midfielder.

Any suggestions?

Alan Dzageov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back