Football Manager 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

----------------Gomes-------------
Corluka ---- King ---- Diego ---- Bale
------Huddlestone - O'Hara --------
Dos Santos - Van Der Vaart - Modric
---------------Rooney-------------

SUBS: Regen Keeper (Will be AMAZING), Bassong, Naughton, Kranjcar, Palacios, Bentley, Defoe.

Others of note: Crouch, Keane, Woodgate, Bostock, 1 DM Regen I bought who is a wonderkid and another wonderkid who came through my youth system who is 17 and allready rated 2 and a half stars and decent Premier League Player who is loaned out.

Could work... Although if I use this system, I will get rid of one striker (probably Keane... Defoe hit 25 goals in the league last year, while Crouch is a tall) as four good strikers on the books wont work and they will crack the shits. Maybe in FA/League cup matches I will change to a 4-4-2 so Crouch and Defoe get more game time.

Would you suggest having the ACM as playmaker and targetman as Rooney?

----------------Gomes-------------
Corluka ---- King ---- Diego ---- Bale
------Huddlestone - O'Hara --------
Dos Santos - Van Der Vaart - Modric
---------------Rooney-------------

SUBS: Regen Keeper (Will be AMAZING), Bassong, Naughton, Kranjcar, Palacios, Bentley, Defoe.

Others of note: Crouch, Keane, Woodgate, Bostock, 1 DM Regen I bought who is a wonderkid and another wonderkid who came through my youth system who is 17 and allready rated 2 and a half stars and decent Premier League Player who is loaned out.

Could work... Although if I use this system, I will get rid of one striker (probably Keane... Defoe hit 25 goals in the league last year, while Crouch is a tall) as four good strikers on the books wont work and they will crack the shits. Maybe in FA/League cup matches I will change to a 4-4-2 so Crouch and Defoe get more game time.

Would you suggest having the ACM as playmaker and targetman as Rooney?

yeah 4 strikers on the books is hard to juggle, Rossi has been getting the bulk of game time due to scoring like crazy, Saha is pissed at me (i think his played 4 or 5 games), lucky for me Yak went away for the Cup of nations for a bit and I'm trying to loan out Vaughan (who has preformed well) but no takers.

The AMC for me works better when its someone like Cahill (high heading, finishing, first touch, passing, decisions and team work). Rooney is capable of doing it, having him as the AMC and Crouch as a target man might work, but just be careful he doesn't get unhappy playing that position. I had Aguero playing it and he got unhappy (despite scoring at least 1 goal per game for the season) as it wasn't his favorite position.

True. I think Modric performs worse as the targetman due to to height, heading and being so small and... well... weak. Might try the rooney/Crouch to see how it works. Thanks for that.

West Brom First season

GK: Ian Walker - Scott Carson
DC: Sol Campbell - Jeff Strasser
DC: Jonas Olsoon - Dejan Stefanovic
DC: Alexandre Mite - Leon Barnett
ML: Chris Brunt - B Zenden
MC: Ivan Campo - Garreth Williams - G Dorrens
MC: Amaral - Y Mulumbu
MC: M Cardacio - R Koren
AMR: James Morrison - H Naomuchi - Reuben Reid
ST: Ebi Samolarek - Luke Moore - Chris Wood
ST: Mark Viduka - Simon Cox

At Wimbledon for 5 years, got them to the Championship, although Premier League beckoned, was just sick of the lack of upgrades to stadiums etc etc, and thought my time would be limited there.

At Inter now. Mourinho ran the team into the ground, and a lot of unhappy players when I arrived. Got them up from 13th mid year, to third which I thought was decent. Knocked out of Champs League Round of 16 to Barcelona.

Wimbledon ended up winning the Championship after I left (they were 3rd when I departed), upgraded stadium to 7,000 people in the Premier League, half of which are seated (which I thought they had to be all seaters in the Premier League, there may be an upgrade that I can't see?). They haven't bought anyone, so fair to say they'll be going back down.

At Wimbledon for 5 years, got them to the Championship, although Premier League beckoned, was just sick of the lack of upgrades to stadiums etc etc, and thought my time would be limited there.

At Inter now. Mourinho ran the team into the ground, and a lot of unhappy players when I arrived. Got them up from 13th mid year, to third which I thought was decent. Knocked out of Champs League Round of 16 to Barcelona.

Wimbledon ended up winning the Championship after I left (they were 3rd when I departed), upgraded stadium to 7,000 people in the Premier League, half of which are seated (which I thought they had to be all seaters in the Premier League, there may be an upgrade that I can't see?). They haven't bought anyone, so fair to say they'll be going back down.

Just to be a prick, use your big Milanese budget to buy Wimbledon's starting 11 for bugger all and leave them in your reserves or something

What do you guys do when in a form slump?

Was top of the league and something like 12 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss and was not paying attention and fielded a weakened team vs second placed Villa.. I just clicked 'submit team' and forgot my previous match was a Champions League Clash against Celtic and I had already qualified with ease.

I managed to draw with Villa, but since then have drawn, lost, lost, drawn, drawn, lost teams placed 11th, 6th, 18th, 5th, 10th and 17th.

Keep the same tactics and have faith my players will turn it around, or make a few changes? I have dropped a two players who have averaged under 6.5 in the last 5 games. I play a very attacking 4-2-3-1 at home, and more standard 4-4-2 away to harder teams to break down.

Kick up a fit and Quit:p

Having a break from the game for a while. Playing Vaduz in Swiss div 2, and after coming 2nd to a team which didnt lose a game all last season, had real high hopes for promotion. Only first gets promoted, 2nd plays a playoff, which i was unlucky to lose that year.

U need to win about 80% of your games in the league to win it, and dropping points at home to bottom placed hopeless sides just before the 2 month winter break was very annoying. We normally win these 3-0 easily, but these draws/defeat(only lost 2 games all season) leaves as 6th, and no chance of getting the top 2.

So having a break to cool down:(

Got a really stupid question here guys, one that ill go ah i shoulda known that when it gets answered :D

Every team i've managed during a match i check for advice of my ass man. and he says my teams tackling has been a dissapointment. To improve the teams tackling should i tell them "to get stuck in" or "stay off man".

Hassle opponent and get stuck in at the same time. Careful though, you'll get carded depending on the referee two maybe three a game, but it works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys trust your scouts/Ass managers reports on players? They seem to have very low expectations on kids that have PA very high and even on older good players they give 2 star ratings to.

BTW my staff all have very high ratings its just a bit weird

Is it common in the FA Cup for a premiership side to disrespect a coca cola (division one) side (league leader btw) after drawing at my home to change their side up to basically not much better than their scrubs are playing?

Mid way through 2nd season with At. Madrid just won the Club World Championships and have been offered the Man United job really unsure what to do next. They are 15th and have 35m transfer budget think I may turn it down and win the league with Madrid then think about my next job. Liverpool, AC and Tottenham all underperforming so may join one of them in the offseason

Turn it down jd.

Let them rot :D . Make Atletico the best in the league, then they'll be lining up for your services :) .

I can't believe I'm saying this but this game is nowhere near 08. It didn't help I finished 6th in my first season with West Ham then was 11th and in the quarters of Europa and got the sack in my 2nd season.

Currently in 2013/2014 with Arsenal in FM 08, and I'm also managing Denmark. Have four games of WC qualifying left and I need to win three to guarantee second in the group (I won't overtake France who will finish first easily). Just bought Rooney for 100m :D .

Turn it down jd.

Let them rot :D . Make Atletico the best in the league, then they'll be lining up for your services :) .

I can't believe I'm saying this but this game is nowhere near 08. It didn't help I finished 6th in my first season with West Ham then was 11th and in the quarters of Europa and got the sack in my 2nd season.

Currently in 2013/2014 with Arsenal in FM 08, and I'm also managing Denmark. Have four games of WC qualifying left and I need to win three to guarantee second in the group (I won't overtake France who will finish first easily). Just bought Rooney for 100m :D .
Yeah I turned it down. CBF building up a new club so soon. Unless I was given the Spurs job. Really want to be offered a national job

How difficult is it to get a national job?

Three openings right now -- Nigeria, Ivory Coast and South Africa. I'd like to manage in the World Cup if that's at all possible.

and if you apply while with a league team you can manage both?
Yeah you can I managed Ivory Coast 2010 WC. Pretty average to tell you the truth would of been better if I had either the Australian job or a European nation. You dont realise how little depth sides like Ivory Coast, Nigeria have til you try and pick a squad of players for them

I wonder if coaching the international team makes it easier to sign their star players (i.e. those who formerly wouldn't give you the time of day will have an increased desire to play for you based on you being their international coach).

I wonder if coaching the international team makes it easier to sign their star players (i.e. those who formerly wouldn't give you the time of day will have an increased desire to play for you based on you being their international coach).
I'm not sure so much with established big name players, but if you give a player their international debut they will often then have you as one of their "favoured personnel" which makes it easier to sign them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back