Football Manager 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got the game.. started as Blackpool. 4m seems like a decent amount but trying to spread it around aint easy. Also trying to get rid of shit players who just joined is hard. Spent the majority of the money on Ochoa and signed some cheapo players.

First game against Man City had me worried.. ended up winning 2-1 :D

Havent seen this.. but anyone else annoyed at clubs wanting fees to loan players out now?

Started a Wigan game because playing with Spurs was too easy. Gave the squad a complete overhaul got lucky teams wanted the dead wood for a change. By January all that is left from the original squad is Figaroa (back-up), Diame, Thomas, McCarthy, Rodellega, Moses & Boselli. Boselli was on fire leading up to January causing Chelsea and Arsenal to come in for him but he did a hammy and is out for 3 months which saved me in a way.

Brought in July were Enyeama, Smithies, Walker (loan), Booth, Ryan Bennett, Jorgenson, Dodo, Pacheco, Wilhelmson, Altidore (loan). Started pooly losing the first 4 including a 1-0 94th min pen loss to United, but backed it up by going undefeated through til the end of 2010.
Board gave me new expectations and more money to spend. Sold N'Zogbia for 10m and brought in Galeano, Jamie O'Hara, Alan Patrick (loan then buy) & Diego Renan (got very lucky some sort of glitch allowed me to sign him for more money than i had available, and no it wasnt the board). Currently 8th would be a great season if i could snatch the final Europa League spot, current expectation is top half original expectation was safe mid-table

Middlesbrough beat me to Roger Johnson, he was available for 3 mil! Scott Dann is on high wages or I'd be all over him.
For CB's. atm I have Mustapha Bayal and Ryan Shawcross in negotiations and a bloke named Ondrej Mazuch, all seem to be willing to negotiate though Shawcross is a bit expensive so I might grab the other two and rotate them with Demidov.
Failing that I have Woodgate available on a free as a last resort.

Guardado wasn't interested :(
Infact a lot of guns aren't interested, which is fair enough. I had bids for Hulk, Suarez, Zhirkov, Khedira and Ben Arfa accepted but they weren't interested. So I guess the goal is to raid the relegated sides and players from less reputable leagues.

I picked up a guy named Dimitar Makriev from some israeli club. The guys stats look very good and I got him for under a million. I recommend taking a look.

Also Bochum got relegated from the bundesliga. They have a bloke named Christian Fuchs who is just accepted an offer from me, based on his rating he looks like he'll be a top 5 left sided player in the premier league.

Wilson is the RB from Celtic. He is okay, but there isn't much better available at that position by the look of things.

Also I have Ignacio Camacho available on a free who is available for decent wages.
Patrick Vieira's manager offered him to me, which seems... unrealistic.

I'm probably a good rm and lb away from being satisfied, any suggestions on who I can get on the cheap?? How did your Leeds side look after promotion?

Also on Ridgewell, Fulham ended up getting relegated and it was because of him! On the final day, Wigan won and Fulham lost. I played Fulham and was down 2-1 after 20 minutes then Ridgewell got a red for violent conduct and I pumped them 4-2! As good as he is rated, I am very hesitant to go after him because of this. I tried raiding Fulham but they're playing hardball because Allardyce has a poor opinion of me :(
Good cheap LB try Dodo from Brazil, minimum release clause of 1.3m IIRC.

Current Wigan XI:
GK - Enyeama/Smithies
RB - Walker/Diego Renan
CB - Jorgensen
CB - Galeano
LB - Dodo/Diego Renan

DM - Thomas
CM - McCarthy
CM - Diame/O'Hara
AMR - Moses/Wilhelmson
AML - Rodellega/Cleverly

ST - Altidore/Boselli

Subs - some from above and, Bogo Bautista, Di Santo, Bennett, Figeroa

I'm struggling to find cheapish good defenders for my Blackpool game. I overspent on Diamanti as well at 6m I reckon, which hasn't helped my cause. Managed to survive the drop and due to Blackpools awesome finance work was given 18.75, but only 235k wage budget so thats also limiting me. Still have plenty of spuds too.

I'm struggling to find cheapish good defenders for my Blackpool game. I overspent on Diamanti as well at 6m I reckon, which hasn't helped my cause. Managed to survive the drop and due to Blackpools awesome finance work was given 18.75, but only 235k wage budget so thats also limiting me. Still have plenty of spuds too.
Ryan Bennett from Peterborough has been great for me. Scouts say he is Championship level with potential to be a good PL CB, but he has been great and if it wasnt for me being able to afford Galeano in Jan he would probably still be starting for me. Kyle Walker on loan has also been great

I recently got this game and I'm loving it but there are some things that confuse me.

I made the A-League available as a viewable league yet when I view it with my Tottenham file, it shows a bunch of randoms I've never heard of. This applies for the Turkish league as well.

Start of season 2 with Wigan. Won the FA Cup and finished 7th in the league. Got 11.5m for top half finish, set it to qualify for europe and got 14.5.

Suprised how highly rated Wigan were in the transfer market. Brought in Stanlislas, Granero, Paloschi, Mam. Diarra, Wickham & Wilshere (loan). Unfortunate thing was I got the board to help fund Granero's purchase and gave him 90k a week sending me way over the weekly wages. Sold Diame, Ronnie Stam, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Kirkland, Moses (loan) and I'm still about 15k a week over budget

GK - Enyeama / Smithies
RB - Diego Renan
CB - Jorgenson & Galeano
LB - Dodo

DM - Diarra
RM - Stanlislas
LM - Wilshere
AM - Granero

ST - Rodellega & Paloschi

Subs - Smithies, Bennet, Figeroa, O'Hara, Alan Patrick, McCarthy, Boselli/Wickham

I've just been promoted to the Priemer League with Oxford United, took me two years to move up from the Championship but apart from that it has been smooth sailing.

Managed to pick up some really good youngsters when I was in League 1, some of which are still in and around the First XI (Roman Lukaku, David De Gea, Jack Wilkshere and Galeano). Not sure who I'll be looking to bring in for when I hit the Premier League but I have beaten a few PM teams in the League Cup so I won't be too far out of my depth.

I recently got this game and I'm loving it but there are some things that confuse me.

I made the A-League available as a viewable league yet when I view it with my Tottenham file, it shows a bunch of randoms I've never heard of. This applies for the Turkish league as well.

Picked small database size maybe?

I've just been promoted to the Priemer League with Oxford United, took me two years to move up from the Championship but apart from that it has been smooth sailing.

Managed to pick up some really good youngsters when I was in League 1, some of which are still in and around the First XI (Roman Lukaku, David De Gea, Jack Wilkshere and Galeano). Not sure who I'll be looking to bring in for when I hit the Premier League but I have beaten a few PM teams in the League Cup so I won't be too far out of my depth.
You managed to grab those guys in League 1??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been trying to install this sonbitch since Sunday, but it seems my laptop was too old and shitty to handle this new FM's awesomeness.

Forked out for a new laptop today, so the FM addiction can recommence.

Alright, now that I've played this game a fair bit, I've realized how broken it is.

Why is the finishing so atrocious? Of all the games I lose, it's mostly because I'm missing a ton of easy 1 vs 1s (My striker has high finishing, technique and decisions as well) and the computer smashes in some 25 yard screamer. Seriously, I only ever score goals from crosses, long range or opposition mistakes. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed even after two patches.

Players also seem to have quite a stack of trouble understanding simple instructions. Whether I play at a slow tempo or tell my players to 'retain possession' during a match, they always bomb it away conceding possession straight to the opposition, even when there's no pressure on the player whatsoever.

I hope this shit gets patched up soon because I'm finding it unbearable.

Alright, now that I've played this game a fair bit, I've realized how broken it is.

Why is the finishing so atrocious? Of all the games I lose, it's mostly because I'm missing a ton of easy 1 vs 1s (My striker has high finishing, technique and decisions as well) and the computer smashes in some 25 yard screamer. Seriously, I only ever score goals from crosses, long range or opposition mistakes. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed even after two patches.

Players also seem to have quite a stack of trouble understanding simple instructions. Whether I play at a slow tempo or tell my players to 'retain possession' during a match, they always bomb it away conceding possession straight to the opposition, even when there's no pressure on the player whatsoever.

I hope this shit gets patched up soon because I'm finding it unbearable.
Yeah, agree with most of these. It's impossible to get my team to play with any sort of consistancy.

As Dortmund in my 3rd season, in equal first with Lereusken after 9 games. Easily my best start to the season. Barrios as my backup striker (playing a 4-5-1) has scored 15 goals in all competitions. Seeing as he wasn't supposed to be starting until injuires hit, it was quite a feat.

First Team
GK Widenfeller
RD Silvestri
RCD Subotic
LCD Hummels
LB Insua

DMC Khedira
MCL Fernadinho
MCR Sahin

AMR Altintop
AML Gronkeltuz/ Muaian

ST Muaian/ Barrios

3rd season at Wigan. Finished 3rd last season. Bolstered my squad with a couple of signing for the CL, Neymar (20m), Baptista & Zhirkov (free), Jerome Boateng (1.4m), Shawcross (8m). Sold Boselli for 7m

GK's = Enyeama, German Villar, Seculin (loaned out), Smithies

Defenders = Dodo, Diego Renan, Boateng, Figeroa, Galeano, Bennet, Jorgensen, Alexis (on loan)

Midfielders = M.Diarra, McCarthy, O'Hara, Alan Patrick, Baptista, Granero, Stanlislas, Zhirkov, Wilhelmson,

Strikers = Paloschi, Wickham (loaned out), Neymar, Rodellega (out for 8 months), Moses

A lot of players can play all over the place so i'm pretty good for depth. A very Leeds United feel about the club, during the season the bank balance is getting in the red quite a bit. Close to receivership at one stage in season 2 with a balance of -16m, then all the prize money from 3rd place finish and Europa Cup final got it to about 20m. Which is already back in the red by about 10m.

Throughout my first season with Everton, I recieved transfer requests from Leighton Baines, Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta. They all apologised and pulled out in the days before the FA Cup final.

That's another thing. Whenever your players hand in a transfer request, you can just boss them into pulling out. Too easy IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back