Footy A2Z - AFL content on YouTube

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy A2Z

Rookie
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Hello!

We're Footy A2Z, a YouTube channel focussing on making bite-sized videos about the history, statistics and tactics of Aussie Rules Football. We want to make videos that help people understand and love the game as much as we do.

We currently have 6 videos up on our channel ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtT6czP8n-fM3SVMFV3AOIQ

We'd love any feedback, suggestions and just general comments from the Big Footy community to help grow the channel into something all footy fans can enjoy.

If you'd like a quick taste, this is our most recent upload:

Really good stuff. I'd been thinking a channel like this would be good for a while. Quick enough to keep short attention spans, an easily identifiable look, written well. I think in terms of getting a following online, it'll be an uphill battle because typically it seems like AFL related online content doesn't reach people to the levels that would be preferred, but you've done yourself a favour in doing it the way you have I think.

In terms of "criticism" I think maybe just turn down the mic trim level just slightly as the higher end sounded ever so slightly blown out, and maybe lower the background music by 5% just for added clarity to your voice.

I don't think they are urgent points that need addressing though.

I think in terms of getting a following online, it'll be an uphill battle because typically it seems like AFL related online content doesn't reach people to the levels that would be preferred

First, thanks for all the feedback :)

We've definitely noticed this as well, very few channels get big numbers of views on YouTube and what's currently out there seems to focus more on highlights than analysis, which is why we thought there might be a bit of a gap in the market. Hopefully we can try and lure a few more people over.

First, thanks for all the feedback :)

We've definitely noticed this as well, very few channels get big numbers of views on YouTube and what's currently out there seems to focus more on highlights than analysis, which is why we thought there might be a bit of a gap in the market. Hopefully we can try and lure a few more people over.

Jesse from True Footy here. Loving your work boys. Totally agree with your post - it's an 'early bird' strategy :).

Great looking youtube page. Just subscribed. Haven't watched any videos yet, but I think I can safely say that, yes, Tom Mitchell is good. :)

New Video!

Stay tuned, our next video will drop on Wednesday, just in time to tell you everything you need to know about the draft!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched this. First time watching. Not bad. I see a lot of influence from Tifo Football - nothing wrong with that - it's a really good channel.

Yeah we're huge tifo fans and wanted to try and bring the same level of analysis and story telling to the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back