News Footy's Back! Training from Monday 18th May, Season resumes Thurs Jun 11. WA & SA clubs to Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be interested in hearing more details of this case because according to the WHO there are few reports of laboratory-confirmed cases who are truly asymptomatic, and to date, there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. How someone who is truly asymptomatic (and therefore not coughing droplets all over the place) can infect 600 people is beyond me.
Read the article a few months ago and cant find it again.

there is this though:

Meh. The horse has bolted on the 2020 season and it means nothing. This mess being cobbled together is just about the money, which I understand. But I can’t summon the enthusiasm for it. No atmosphere or stakes.
I agree. Playing the 2020 season is purely about television broadcasters tightening their grip on AFL policy, which playing four or five seasons behind closed doors is certain to achieve. If the league were less dictated by TV demands it would simply cease play until it becomes safe for fans to attend, and from my knowledge of English county cricket clubs such a long period without games might have encouraged members to support their team as best they could, rather than as we will see former spectators devoting their time to watching football on television.
How big will round 1 2022 be when crowds are back?
That soon, eh?
Medical experts are very pessimistic about a COVID vaccine and I do not know about drug treatments – in the weakly analogous case of HIV it took up to seven years for adequate drug treatments to be developed. If we apply this timeline to the COVID-19 pandemic, crowds would not be back in any form until 2027 or 2028! Whilst I am open to the idea that research will be or will become more intensive and will speed up improved treatment, even such a scenario as that would probably not see crowds back before 2024 or 2025. The best medical experts view 2022 as the absolute earliest we will see fans attending AFL games again, and view 2022 as indeed an optimistic projection.

I agree. Playing the 2020 season is purely about television broadcasters tightening their grip on AFL policy, which playing four or five seasons behind closed doors is certain to achieve. If the league was less dictated by TV demands it would simply cease play until it becomes safe for fans to attend, and from my knowledge of English county cricket clubs such a long period without games might have encouraged members to support their team as best they could, rather than as we will see former spectators devoting their time to watching football in television.
Medical experts are very pessimistic about a COVID vaccine and I do not know about drug treatments – in the weakly analogous case of HIV it took up to seven years for adequate drug treatments to be developed. Appplied to the COVID-19 pandemic, crowds would not be back in any form until 2027 or 2028! Whilst I am open to the idea that research will be or will become more intensive and will speed up improved treatment, even such a scenario as that would probably not see crowds back before 2024 or 2025. The best medical experts view 2022 as the absolute earliest we will see fans attending AFL games again, and view 2022 as indeed an optimistic projection.
The difference between covid and aids is the prioritisation and funding.

covid will have trillions thrown at it.

The difference between covid and aids is the prioritisation and funding.

covid will have trillions thrown at it.

HIV had an absolute shitload of funding and research dedicated to it. I know a lot of diseases that affect more of the population complain about the amount of funding hiv got in comparison to them.

HIV had an absolute shitload of funding and research dedicated to it. I know a lot of diseases that affect more of the population complain about the amount of funding hiv got in comparison to them.
Not in the first ten years it didnt.

the reagans completely ignored it.

covid has stopped the whole world and cost squillions - the money that will be poured into this will have no equal in human history.
This is like a war when the normal restraints on military spending are out the door.

Needed a bit of a cheer up so thought I'd come on for a read and laugh at all the hysteria negative comments from all the flogs who know absolutely nothing.Ahhh feel better already. :cool:

Do you know what asymptomatic transmission is?

clearly not.

1 asymptomatic covid infected italian man went back to his home village and infected 600 of which 80 died.

who have the people from the meat plant met and infected - who have those people infected.

how did they get infected in the first place.
Wow. Do you have a link that you can supply to this event? TIA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Do you have a link that you can supply to this event? TIA
Sorry my dude read about it a few weeks after italy started going ballistic.

Should gave saved it as it was a cautionary tale for young folk that think because they are less likely to get really ill they shouldnt care about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back