Delisted Former CEO Xavier Campbell - Resigned - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what is so gobsmackingly amateur about it.

Players Agents can be contacted at pretty much any time. The club could've outlined what they wanted to do and why and from there organised an actual playing list meeting, with the player agents assistance, where it could be discussed as a group/or individually if need be depending on availabilities.
That would have been an appropriate & almost 'professional' manner in which to handle this.

But no, we can't have that....
Lazy and arrogant are the only words I can use to describe this latest joke
from a once great club.
Just as I was starting to think that we may be getting on the right track, some
idiot sends this out. How much thought went into this? It was obviously too
much work to think about this and get in touch with managers and senior players. This is another example of s**t culture from a s**t administration.

I just spent 20 seconds searching and have now found the time delay function in outlook. Who says you don't learn anything spending your time on Bigfooty.

Haha it’s an old game

“Got the 8pm email blitzer, burning the midnight oil again?”

“Getting it done, boss”

“Good man!”

This should have been kept internal which probably says more about the current playing group - The revised CBA agreement mandates pay cuts of between 3.5% and 9% for 2021, of which some can be clawed back in 2022 - And the structure of pay cuts is dependant on individual circumstances - There should have been more communication to determine the first month's wages under the new agreement but it is hardly a life or death matter.

This should have been kept internal which probably says more about the current playing group - The revised CBA agreement mandates pay cuts of between 3.5% and 9% for 2021, of which some can be clawed back in 2022 - And the structure of pay cuts is dependant on individual circumstances - There should have been more communication to determine the first month's wages under the new agreement but it is hardly a life or death matter.
Says more about the playing group? Sending the at email at 8pm on a Friday is very poor form not matter how you cut it. Don’t think anyone would be impressed with their employer.

Not sure what it shows about the playing group....Getting that kind of an email at 8:00pm on a Friday is simply atrocious by management.

Nothing should have been sent until the players were spoken too in detail first, and had questions answered by the club.

Absolute reeks of amateurs., and shows there was no basic process was followed.

I just spent 20 seconds searching and have now found the time delay function in outlook. Who says you don't learn anything spending your time on Bigfooty.
I love doing that at work makes it look like I'm working hard

7am
8pm

Emails are a life saver during covid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has apologised to the players, and we have a statement on the club website...

Following ongoing discussions with senior players this week, Essendon has adjusted player payments to ensure 100 per cent of monthly player wages have been paid for the November period.

Chief executive officer Xavier Campbell said the club fully understood the players' disappointment regarding the matter and was committed to working through a smooth transition to the new arrangements with the entire playing group.

"I have apologised to the players for how this matter was handled," Campbell said

"We should have done it better, we needed to do it better, and we will do it better moving forward.

"In recent days, I have had productive discussions with members of the leadership group and playing group, including captain Dyson Heppell, and the players are aware the club was not acting with any ill-intent.

"I’d like to thank the players for their understanding. We look forward to working through this with them over the coming weeks to finalise the process."

Has to go X. What imbecile would put that proposal into an email and hit send without discussing it with the concerned stakeholders beforehand. Embarrassing and shameful, not sure the apology cuts the mustard - damage has been done. Bye X.

Embarrassment. This is just such poor people management. I almost cannot imagine what Xavier was thinking. Just reeks of top down arrogance.

WCE got all their players together and said "we have to get under this level... how are we going to do it?". Walked out with shared agreement to a bigger cut than was strictly needed.

Is this normal EFC stuff that we never see because most issues aren't big enough to hit the media? In isolation it's not the biggest mistake ever but the timing is so off. Total momentum killer in a fragile moment. Right now we need our players to have a mindset that life at the Hangar is getting better. Biggest preseason of our lives etc. Can't imagine this led to any extra voluntary weights or running sessions amongst the group.

Xavier has spent too much time in the corporate world. Friday night bad news emails are corporate 101 when delivering bad news. Didn't read the room. Interested to get Hirdys or Jobe's view on this....they sounded like friends in their podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back